Post Processor for LinuxCNC and PlasmaC

More
13 May 2019 07:13 #133624 by JTknives
I am wondering what post processor you find to work the best for Linux cnc and plasmac. Right now I’m just using the Sheetcam demo but if it’s that good I will buy it. Especially if thy decide to make a special post processor for us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 07:19 - 13 May 2019 07:20 #133625 by thefabricator03
Hi JT,

Rod has sent me a copy of his Sheetcam post processor and his toolset,

I have attached them to this post,

I would very much recommend Sheetcam,

I have spoken to a Hypertherm Australian dealer about there pronest software and it was going to cost $10,000 AUD for a basic version that doesnt have the same features as Sheetcam.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 May 2019 07:20 by thefabricator03.

More
13 May 2019 07:21 #133626 by rodw
I just finished getting a working post processor for sheetcam this afternoon. It needs a bit of cleaning up yet but I cut some stuff. Very exciting. I will post a video on the main plasmac thread cutting up and down a 13 degree slope.

I'm hoping Les at sheetcam will write a post processor for it once we have a stable config.

More
13 May 2019 07:21 #133627 by thefabricator03

Hi JT,

Rod has sent me a copy of his Sheetcam post processor and his toolset,

I have attached them to this post,

I would very much recommend Sheetcam,

I have spoken to a Hypertherm Australian dealer about there pronest software and it was going to cost $10,000 AUD for a basic version that doesnt have the same features as Sheetcam.

Once the new Sheetcam Post is written for Plasmac I will upload a Hypertherm Toolset if anyone is interested.

More
13 May 2019 07:34 - 13 May 2019 07:38 #133629 by rodw
Geeze, you guys are impatient. Here is this afternoon's effort using the new M190 command
I've also attached the output so you can have alook at it. As I said, the POST needs a lot of cleaning up but it works

This should get you going. Don't forget that if you have a sheetcam toolset, you can xport it and convert it to plasmac with the materialverter.py script in the plasmac config folder. Run it with python materialverter.py from the command line. Just delete the .txt from the post file.

File Attachment:

File Name: SpaceShipP...post.txt
File Size:35 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmac-sheetcam.ngc
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 May 2019 07:38 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, thefabricator03

More
13 May 2019 20:58 #133659 by rodw
Just looking at the generated gcode above and there seems to be some extra F codes in there so sheetcam is overriding our plasmac settings. I have hacked out a good 300 lines of redundant code this morning so I will look for that if what I've done actually still works!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
14 May 2019 09:03 #133712 by phillc54
Rod,
One thing you need to remember is that the F word MUST be after the M66 line so that it reads the feed rate from the correct material.

Cheers, Phill.

More
14 May 2019 09:30 #133714 by rodw

Rod,
One thing you need to remember is that the F word MUST be after the M66 line so that it reads the feed rate from the correct material.

Cheers, Phill.

Phil, yes, thats all fixed now. The guys seemed to be impatient so I did your trick and did about 47 new versions in 24 hours.

For the followers, I have uploaded a new version on another thread. This zip file includes the post processor, a sample dxf file and the generated output from Sheetcam where I made a seperate layer for the holes and used a Sheetcam tool with a special name "CenterPunch" to mark the hole centres. Its only a small file so even guys with the free version of sheetcam should be able to play with this.
You can download it from here.
forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachme...0/Postsamples.tar.gz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franklin

More
02 Jun 2019 19:30 #135651 by JTknives
How are you setting X0 and Y0 on your machine. I did not see any call outs for offsetting from the machine zero/home position.

More
02 Jun 2019 20:33 #135655 by rodw

How are you setting X0 and Y0 on your machine. I did not see any call outs for offsetting from the machine zero/home position.

We are using the default Gmoccappy touchoff buttons for X & Y touchoffs. There are blueish buttons for each axis.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds