PlasmaC Fiber laser 1Kw head height control + auto focuas

More
24 Aug 2020 13:08 - 24 Aug 2020 13:10 #179241 by taloot

Looking good, did you try Qtvcp. I think that can be embedded similar to Gladevcp.

i have big issue,,, but i dont know how to do it

i will ask for a way for it in qtpyvcp forum

but i have another problem,.

in chinese laser controller there is good option
that make the machine draw the layout of the part... with laser guide beam on, (red pointer) it draw square where the part would be

this option is good when u want to cut part. on small sheet.. it help u to point the center point correctly
it helps to zero in on the center point . in more accurate way than we do in plasma ,.
whats best way to do such thing
Last edit: 24 Aug 2020 13:10 by taloot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 23:24 #179286 by phillc54

I am not sure about qtpyvcp but I think Qtvcp can (really confusing names)

that make the machine draw the layout of the part... with laser guide beam on, (red pointer) it draw square where the part would be

this option is good when u want to cut part. on small sheet.. it help u to point the center point correctly
it helps to zero in on the center point . in more accurate way than we do in plasma ,.

Not sure what you mean but some guys use laser crosshairs to touchoff their user coordinates:
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38995-using-a...-code-plasmac-solved

More
25 Aug 2020 05:27 #179315 by taloot

I am not sure about qtpyvcp but I think Qtvcp can (really confusing names)

Not sure what you mean but some guys use laser crosshairs to touchoff their user coordinates:
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38995-using-a...-code-plasmac-solved

no its not same,,

u can see it at the beginning in the video

More
25 Aug 2020 06:13 #179321 by phillc54
Yep, that is quite a bit different, I guess it shows the X/Y extremeties of the job. I'm afraid all we can offer at the moment is the standard LinuxCNC touchoff.

You could possibly have a gcode program that ran around the extremities without turning the spindle on. You would also need to turn the laser on seperately at a low level as well. That should do similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: taloot

More
25 Aug 2020 06:57 #179322 by tommylight
Check the dimensions on Gremlin preview, jog till the DRO matches those dimensions.
That is what i do when working with tight material dimensions.

More
25 Aug 2020 10:06 #179334 by rodw
Someone else asked me if we could do the same as Taloot's example. Is it possible for the filter to calculate max and min values for X & Y (or query Gremlin for them). Once you had those values, it would be easy to trace the extremeties.

More
25 Aug 2020 11:32 #179355 by phillc54

Someone else asked me if we could do the same as Taloot's example. Is it possible for the filter to calculate max and min values for X & Y (or query Gremlin for them). Once you had those values, it would be easy to trace the extremeties.

Possibly, I'll take a look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Aug 2020 14:08 #179394 by taloot
in real life this option is important ,,,,
for scarp management
also for sheet alignment
it save time and money ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Aug 2020 21:06 #179452 by rodw

for sheet alignment

I have some buttons that align a sheet. Not sure if its bug free yet.
Jog to back of sheet, align a laser pointer to left edge of sheet. press button.
Jog to front left corner of sheet, press button 2.
The sheet is rotated around the Z axis and machine touches off x & y on the corner.
Now if you jog back along the Y, both axes will move to follow the rotated material.
The next step would be to implement an edge sensor of some kind and find the edges automatically in a single operation.

More
25 Aug 2020 21:17 #179454 by snowgoer540

for sheet alignment

I have some buttons that align a sheet. Not sure if its bug free yet.
Jog to back of sheet, align a laser pointer to left edge of sheet. press button.
Jog to front left corner of sheet, press button 2.
The sheet is rotated around the Z axis and machine touches off x & y on the corner.
Now if you jog back along the Y, both axes will move to follow the rotated material.
The next step would be to implement an edge sensor of some kind and find the edges automatically in a single operation.

Did someone say bugs?!

I have this thought back before my table existed and before I knew Plasmac existed. I think it's about the only thing that Plasmac doesnt do by default that I had on my "wish list" back then. Now that I have my table I'm not entirely sure it's strictly necessary, but it's fun to think about anyways.

I assume you're using a G10 rotation?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds