PlasmaC Fiber laser 1Kw head height control + auto focuas

More
09 Apr 2020 02:15 #163284 by phillc54

PlasmaC doesn't use anything like that, the torch is either on or off.

If you want to set the power from gcode, you may be able to use one of the spindle speed pins from motion or if you need to set the laser power according to velocity you could run the X and Y joint velocities into a hypot component.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/hypot.9.html

Communications can be established with a Hypertherm Powermax plasma cutter that has a RS485 port. This then enables the setting of Cut Mode, Cutting Amperage and Gas Pressure automatically from the Cut Parameters of the material file.
on plasmac rs485 can set the amp right?

Correct, that is read from the Cut Amps in the Run Panel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 04:08 #163296 by thefabricator03
So the laser has a on and off function? What is that called for the laser?

As you have figured out, setting the parameters the same way as Phil has set up the material file and controlling the laser via RS232 would be the way to go.

Phil really has done a terrific job setting up PlasmaC, and from what I think you will find is that it will work perfectly for your laser as well.

I am sure the same kind of setup would work for a water jet as well. One day I will find out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
09 Apr 2020 12:05 #163317 by taloot

PlasmaC doesn't use anything like that, the torch is either on or off.

If you want to set the power from gcode, you may be able to use one of the spindle speed pins from motion or if you need to set the laser power according to velocity you could run the X and Y joint velocities into a hypot component.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/hypot.9.html

Communications can be established with a Hypertherm Powermax plasma cutter that has a RS485 port. This then enables the setting of Cut Mode, Cutting Amperage and Gas Pressure automatically from the Cut Parameters of the material file.
on plasmac rs485 can set the amp right?

Correct, that is read from the Cut Amps in the Run Panel

yes i will do it same way but i will add the focus setting to it

More
09 Apr 2020 12:09 #163321 by taloot

So the laser has a on and off function? What is that called for the laser?

As you have figured out, setting the parameters the same way as Phil has set up the material file and controlling the laser via RS232 would be the way to go.

Phil really has done a terrific job setting up PlasmaC, and from what I think you will find is that it will work perfectly for your laser as well.

I am sure the same kind of setup would work for a water jet as well. One day I will find out.

yes thats way i want to expand it for laser. the usage of material profile is time saver... using plasmac makes me produce 20-25% improve of my production speed

More
09 Apr 2020 23:46 #163408 by tommylight

Just throwing it out there, but diesel cars with common rail technology use a small high pressure pump that can do up to 2000 Bar (30000 PSI ?), and that should be more than enough for water jet, but there are some drawbacks: the amount of water is small ( more pumps can be added) and they are not made for water, they also use that diesel for lubrication, so the question is: how long will they last ?
Already told a friend to find me a used one for testing......
The good thing is, they are cheap and plentiful . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
10 Apr 2020 00:28 #163420 by thefabricator03
I like the way you think Tom :)

When I get time I will look into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Apr 2020 00:35 #163424 by tommylight
Since we are a bit off, i told that same friend to ditch the compressor head/cylinders and use a car AC compressor instead, he is using it for a looooong time and it still works, no lubrication and all, i was sure it will die quickly. Much quieter and much quicker to fill the tank.
Used ones can be had for a bargain, and i already got one from that friend, not mounted yet.

More
10 Apr 2020 02:06 #163434 by rodw
Car AC compressors have been used for vehicle engine mounted air compressors for a long time. The difficulty is lubrication but I think you can use an airline oiler. There is a commercial product that uses grease here in .AU
www.endlessair.com.au/
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
10 Apr 2020 15:04 #163491 by tommylight
That is a nice idea, putting it on the intake should prolong its life drasticaly.
Then again, not good for plasma as i do not like the smel of burnt oil! :)

More
11 Apr 2020 00:12 #163543 by thefabricator03
Taloot, Do you have a way I can get in contact with you. I would like to find out more information about your lasers.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds