Hypersensing questions

More
18 Apr 2020 00:29 #164365 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
Sorry this pin
plasmac.ohmic-enable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2020 00:35 #164366 by Uthayne
Replied by Uthayne on topic Hypersensing questions
I had to edit the line to add plasmac.ohmic-enable pin

net plasmac:ohmic-enable plasmac.ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing

Without it, the ohmicsense.is-probing never went true while probing
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
18 Apr 2020 00:38 - 18 Apr 2020 00:38 #164367 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypersensing questions
Sorry, In my config, that signal passes through a debounce component so that is what I unlinked. Maybe yours does not debounce it.

So you should be good to go after checking the thresholds.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2020 00:38 by rodw.

More
18 Apr 2020 00:46 #164368 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Hypersensing questions

What is happening to plasmac:ohmic-enable?

It should go true when you are probing and it needs to be connected to the ohmic component. via the debounce pin that we unlink.

Neither of them ever changed that I noticed.

More
18 Apr 2020 00:48 #164369 by snowgoer540

Sorry, In my config, that signal passes through a debounce component so that is what I unlinked. Maybe yours does not debounce it.

I'm pretty confused. I attached my hal files and ini files in an earlier post, but they exactly match your space ship, and the primer you sent. The float and break away pins debounce on my setup, but I'm not sure I understand why you have to debounce this ohmic system?

At any rate, the thresholds are set correctly, and it defintely still doesnt work.

More
18 Apr 2020 00:48 #164370 by snowgoer540

Ok, I can try that...

More
18 Apr 2020 01:06 #164374 by snowgoer540

That fixed it!

I wish I knew what that was though LOL. How did you know to change that, and what exactly is it doing?

Why does Rod's config work without it?

More
18 Apr 2020 01:13 #164375 by Uthayne
Replied by Uthayne on topic Hypersensing questions
Not sure why his works without it, unless he has more hal connections somewhere else.

I figured it out by monitoring which plasmac pins went true when the ohmic test button was pressed which simulates a probing condition.

I could be wrong but as far as I understand it, net plasmac:ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing doesn't connect the ohmicsense.is-probing pin to anything. plasmac:ohmic-enable is the connection name, there needs to be a 3rd entry there. I could be wrong about this but I thought that was how basic connections work.

I'm curious to see how you fare from here. Rod mentions that with a water table you need to set the ohmic-low state pretty high (22-23v) due to water getting stuck in the torch and shorting it.

Whenever I get significant water intrusion into the torch like after a cutout (single line/internal cuts seem to be fine, just at the end when the air is blowing directly into the water and a lot of splashing occurs), ohmic-volts will read 23.5 or thereabouts, but with up to a volt of "noise". This causes it to fluctuate above 24.00V even. My ohmic cap to material short condition gives a pretty constant and stable 23.97-24.00v. It's the "non-contact" condition where I usually get up to 1v variation which makes it hard to set the low value, especially when it goes above 24v

More
18 Apr 2020 01:13 #164376 by snowgoer540

Thanks for all the help!

Not sure why the edit makes it work, but I'm happy it does.

More
18 Apr 2020 02:03 #164385 by snowgoer540

Not sure why his works without it, unless he has more hal connections somewhere else.

I figured it out by monitoring which plasmac pins went true when the ohmic test button was pressed which simulates a probing condition.

I could be wrong but as far as I understand it, net plasmac:ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing doesn't connect the ohmicsense.is-probing pin to anything. plasmac:ohmic-enable is the connection name, there needs to be a 3rd entry there. I could be wrong about this but I thought that was how basic connections work.

I'm curious to see how you fare from here. Rod mentions that with a water table you need to set the ohmic-low state pretty high (22-23v) due to water getting stuck in the torch and shorting it.

Whenever I get significant water intrusion into the torch like after a cutout (single line/internal cuts seem to be fine, just at the end when the air is blowing directly into the water and a lot of splashing occurs), ohmic-volts will read 23.5 or thereabouts, but with up to a volt of "noise". This causes it to fluctuate above 24.00V even. My ohmic cap to material short condition gives a pretty constant and stable 23.97-24.00v. It's the "non-contact" condition where I usually get up to 1v variation which makes it hard to set the low value, especially when it goes above 24v

Interesting, how are you watching the voltage while a program is running? Just with the hal show?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds