Error Recovery

More
01 Jul 2020 08:45 #173300 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery
Snowgoer, for the record, I've only ever used RIP and compile from source. I've always used master ever since 2.8 became the new master. If I want to run a different branch be it 2.8 or an experimental branch, I just check it out, make clean and recompile.

The only nuisance is having to run the rip-environment script

I've never bothered building the debs to get stuff installed in the menus typing linuxcnc -l will run the last config you've used and I have two desktop shortcuts that sets up the rip-environment and then opens Linuxcnc. One opens the chooser and the other has the -l switch to opens the last config used.

But most of the time I open it from a terminal window.

More recently, I've been hacking the interpreter hard to add more features so when I'm done and I work out how to get it over onto my own git, I can give you test projects galore!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 10:31 #173304 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

rodw wrote: Snowgoer, for the record, I've only ever used RIP and compile from source. I've always used master ever since 2.8 became the new master. If I want to run a different branch be it 2.8 or an experimental branch, I just check it out, make clean and recompile.

The only nuisance is having to run the rip-environment script

I've never bothered building the debs to get stuff installed in the menus typing linuxcnc -l will run the last config you've used and I have two desktop shortcuts that sets up the rip-environment and then opens Linuxcnc. One opens the chooser and the other has the -l switch to opens the last config used.

But most of the time I open it from a terminal window.

More recently, I've been hacking the interpreter hard to add more features so when I'm done and I work out how to get it over onto my own git, I can give you test projects galore!

Yea, I remember finding RIP a huge PITA a few months ago, but I've gotten used to it, and I think I prefer it now. It seems super useful for testing new stuff anyways.

Oh, new features? I'm intrigued. Can you elaborate on the "interpreter" this is a new piece of lingo for me...?

More
01 Jul 2020 10:52 #173306 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery

snowgoer540 wrote:

rodw wrote: Oh, new features? I'm intrigued. Can you elaborate on the "interpreter" this is a new piece of lingo for me...?

venture into the dark side of /src/emc/rs274ngc and be afraid!
I've been extending the functionality of state tags that recently made its way into master branch to add features that I think are good for plasma, then Andy made me add a heading for tangential knife alignment, then I thought of some more stuff and then... some docs and it goes on.

You can contact me here and we can discuss off forum. www.vmn.com.au/contact-us

Moderators: phillc54
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds