Error Recovery

More
01 Jul 2020 08:45 #173300 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery
Snowgoer, for the record, I've only ever used RIP and compile from source. I've always used master ever since 2.8 became the new master. If I want to run a different branch be it 2.8 or an experimental branch, I just check it out, make clean and recompile.

The only nuisance is having to run the rip-environment script

I've never bothered building the debs to get stuff installed in the menus typing linuxcnc -l will run the last config you've used and I have two desktop shortcuts that sets up the rip-environment and then opens Linuxcnc. One opens the chooser and the other has the -l switch to opens the last config used.

But most of the time I open it from a terminal window.

More recently, I've been hacking the interpreter hard to add more features so when I'm done and I work out how to get it over onto my own git, I can give you test projects galore!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 10:31 #173304 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

Snowgoer, for the record, I've only ever used RIP and compile from source. I've always used master ever since 2.8 became the new master. If I want to run a different branch be it 2.8 or an experimental branch, I just check it out, make clean and recompile.

The only nuisance is having to run the rip-environment script

I've never bothered building the debs to get stuff installed in the menus typing linuxcnc -l will run the last config you've used and I have two desktop shortcuts that sets up the rip-environment and then opens Linuxcnc. One opens the chooser and the other has the -l switch to opens the last config used.

But most of the time I open it from a terminal window.

More recently, I've been hacking the interpreter hard to add more features so when I'm done and I work out how to get it over onto my own git, I can give you test projects galore!

Yea, I remember finding RIP a huge PITA a few months ago, but I've gotten used to it, and I think I prefer it now. It seems super useful for testing new stuff anyways.

Oh, new features? I'm intrigued. Can you elaborate on the "interpreter" this is a new piece of lingo for me...?

More
01 Jul 2020 10:52 #173306 by rodw

Oh, new features? I'm intrigued. Can you elaborate on the "interpreter" this is a new piece of lingo for me...?

venture into the dark side of /src/emc/rs274ngc and be afraid!
I've been extending the functionality of state tags that recently made its way into master branch to add features that I think are good for plasma, then Andy made me add a heading for tangential knife alignment, then I thought of some more stuff and then... some docs and it goes on.

You can contact me here and we can discuss off forum. www.vmn.com.au/contact-us

More
12 Jul 2020 18:27 - 12 Jul 2020 18:29 #174411 by snowgoer540
Finally got some cut errors to play with this (I say that like it's a good thing haha).

Things I noticed:
1. It let me move the torch around by the kerf width the first time the program would pause. But if I got an error on the next attempt, it wouldnt let me move the torch around anymore.
2. The pause stuff no longer works the way I used to remember, I could sometimes execute the next line (which was to turn the velocity back to 100%), but I could never get it to execute line to start the rapid motion to go to the next hole. This would be when it would arc-out at the end of the cut. I was unable to get it to keep going through the code to go to the next feature and start cutting again.

I attached the cut file for if it helps at all.

Unrelated to cut-recovery: I thought CPA mode worked independent of "arc-ok". I couldn't get it to stop flaming out at the end of the cut... I thought that was the point of CPA mode, to keep moving independent of the torch arc? Or am I missing something?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jul 2020 18:29 by snowgoer540.

More
12 Jul 2020 21:34 #174418 by rodw
Can you define CPA mode? I'm lost.

More
12 Jul 2020 21:48 #174419 by snowgoer540

Continuous Pilot Arc. From the Hypertherm manual "For cutting expanded metal, grates, metal containing holes, or any job that requires a continuous pilot arc. Using this mode to cut standard metal plate reduces consumable life."

My understanding was it made the "Arc-OK" true with the pilot arc so that you could cut corrugated materials, perhaps I'm mistaken.

More
12 Jul 2020 22:03 #174421 by rodw
Not for Corrugation but for mesh and other perforated material. I wonder if there needs to be a mode to disable ArcOK sensing?

Corrugated Iron is as per normal but requires a Z velocity fast enough to follow the contour at the cut velocity under THC control. This may mean that your max cut velocity is constrained by the Z performance. I've been keeping a bit for a glorious Youtube trial.

More
12 Jul 2020 22:05 #174422 by snowgoer540

Not for Corrugation but for mesh and other perforated material. I wonder if there needs to be a mode to disable ArcOK sensing?

Corrugated Iron is as per normal but requires a Z velocity fast enough to follow the contour at the cut velocity under THC control. This may mean that your max cut velocity is constrained by the Z performance. I've been keeping a bit for a glorious Youtube trial.

Sorry I didn’t mean corrugated, I did mean perforated... long weekend..

More
12 Jul 2020 22:16 #174423 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Error Recovery

Continuous Pilot Arc. From the Hypertherm manual "For cutting expanded metal, grates, metal containing holes, or any job that requires a continuous pilot arc. Using this mode to cut standard metal plate reduces consumable life."

My understanding was it made the "Arc-OK" true with the pilot arc so that you could cut corrugated materials, perhaps I'm mistaken.

I read that in the manual as well. But I don't think PlasmaC caters for that at this time:)

More
12 Jul 2020 23:05 #174424 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Error Recovery
Maybe when it is in CPA mode PlasmaC needs to disable THC.

I have no clue whether the machine keeps Arc OK on or not while in CPA mode..

My machine only uses CPA mode but it doesn't have Arc OK so I cannot test it out.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds