Error Recovery

More
13 Jul 2020 07:49 #174474 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Error Recovery
Yeah ...... NO !
No CPA for you ! :)
Do not bother with it, it can not work, just disable the THC and move on.
Almost all good plasma sources have that feature, easy to check if they do, fire the torch and move it up and down from the metal part, it should pilot>cut>pilot>cut ....
That is the reason why it can not be used with THC active, the voltage will change drastically, so no amount of ignoring ARCOK will help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2020 10:31 #174493 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Error Recovery

I can't ever remember Plasmac having so many bugs until Snowgoer took up his role as official tester.... It must be his fault!.....

May have to sack him, I think he takes his role too seriously.

Haha, that's pretty funny! Just make sure you send over my severance pay, if you do decide to give me the boot :laugh:

I will update and try again, I still have the metal on the machine. It was some old rusty stuff, so it should be pretty easy to duplicate all of the errors trying to get it to cut it. Perfect for testing error recovery, if nothing else.

More
13 Jul 2020 10:33 #174494 by snowgoer540

Yeah ...... NO !
No CPA for you ! :)
Do not bother with it, it can not work, just disable the THC and move on.
Almost all good plasma sources have that feature, easy to check if they do, fire the torch and move it up and down from the metal part, it should pilot>cut>pilot>cut ....
That is the reason why it can not be used with THC active, the voltage will change drastically, so no amount of ignoring ARCOK will help.

I'm really less worried about the THC, and more worried about getting constant "arc-ok signal lost" errors. Plus, I don't know how you'd cut mesh material on the plasma without some way to ignore the arc-ok, and just let CPA mode do its thing? But yes, I think it would be prudent to just turn the THC off and hope for the best. Probably not really looking for a super high quality cut when you cut mesh.

More
13 Jul 2020 11:55 - 13 Jul 2020 11:55 #174496 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Error Recovery

I can't ever remember Plasmac having so many bugs until Snowgoer took up his role as official tester.... It must be his fault!.....

Haha, that's pretty funny! Just make sure you send over my severance pay, if you do decide to give me the boot :laugh:

No worries. To save on transaction fees we will credit that as a discount on your software support fees. :lol:
Last edit: 13 Jul 2020 11:55 by phillc54.

More
13 Jul 2020 13:20 #174503 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Error Recovery

No worries. To save on transaction fees we will credit that as a discount on your software support fees. :lol:

Snowgoer, you should know that severance pay is null and void across international boundaries!

More
13 Jul 2020 13:23 #174506 by snowgoer540

Snowgoer, you should know that severance pay is null and void across international boundaries!

I'll show all of you by doubling down on my error-finding efforts! :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
14 Jul 2020 02:49 #174573 by phillc54

Paused motion didn’t seem to be working correctly. It wouldn’t always “execute next line”, and when I got to a rapid movement, it wouldn’t execute at all. Also, at the rapid movement line, i couldn’t resume motion. But I was doing it from the main GUI, and not the cut-recovery button. Perhaps maybe I HAVE to use the cut recovery button now?

That happens in a normal config as well, I have never noticed it before. Obviously I never stopped paused motion on a rapd segment.
I have a fix that entails PlasmaC using the motion.motion-type pin and it seems to work ok. I will do a bit more testing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
14 Jul 2020 09:15 #174591 by phillc54
@snowgoer540

Which test branch version are you using, when I update tomorrow I'll get rid of the one you are not using.

More
14 Jul 2020 10:20 #174599 by snowgoer540

@snowgoer540

Which test branch version are you using, when I update tomorrow I'll get rid of the one you are not using.

My boss suggested that I go to 2.8 so that my testing is congruent with the version of software the developer is using. As a good employee, I'm now on 2.8 :silly:

More
14 Jul 2020 10:23 #174601 by snowgoer540

Paused motion didn’t seem to be working correctly. It wouldn’t always “execute next line”, and when I got to a rapid movement, it wouldn’t execute at all. Also, at the rapid movement line, i couldn’t resume motion. But I was doing it from the main GUI, and not the cut-recovery button. Perhaps maybe I HAVE to use the cut recovery button now?

That happens in a normal config as well, I have never noticed it before. Obviously I never stopped paused motion on a rapd segment.
I have a fix that entails PlasmaC using the motion.motion-type pin and it seems to work ok. I will do a bit more testing...

I guess I didn't either, it just happened about 0.030" from the end of the cut, so the next movement was a rapid, and it wouldnt let me move on. I swear I've progressed through rapids in the past though? At any rate, now maybe it will go through the entire program forward and backward?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds