Another GUI project underway

More
03 Oct 2019 00:56 #146927 by tommylight

Does this work with no touch screen?

Yes it does.

What about smaller screens 7-10 inch (still HD) ?

It does, as long as the screen is full HD, not just HD. Full HD is 1920X1080 while HD is 1280X720.

My machine is ready to start working on the control and this looks a nice place to start instead of axis.

Axis is perfect in every way shape or form, for beginners especially. Clean, simple, and elegant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2019 00:58 #146928 by Lcvette

Does this work with no touch screen?
What about smaller screens 7-10 inch (still HD) ?

My machine is ready to start working on the control and this looks a nice place to start instead of axis.

Does not need to be touch screen, works fine with mouse and keyboard! As long as it's 1920x1080 should work but maybe be rather small and hard to maneuver.

More
03 Oct 2019 01:08 #146933 by ihavenofish
my screen is 2048 x 1536, 10". apple ipad display.
i will have no mouse on the machine.

More
04 Oct 2019 18:12 - 04 Oct 2019 19:30 #147127 by vmihalca
I would need some help with editing the UI.
I have opened in the QT designer the probe_basic.ui file.
I have changed the width of gcode editor, along with the elements that were wrapping it. I tried to see if my changes are taken into account.
I have saved the file and relaunched probe screen but it looks the same. What I'm I missing?
I am an android developer, and I have some experience with coding, perhaps I could help :)

btw, generally I'm a mac user and the linux pc is just in my shop with its purpose to run linuxcnc.
Can I edit the UI file in Qt Designer for mac and just push it to my github and pull it on the linux pc and test it?
Last edit: 04 Oct 2019 19:30 by vmihalca.

More
08 Oct 2019 17:49 #147475 by ssd
Replied by ssd on topic Another GUI project underway
Would it take a lot of effort to modify the GUI for a vertical screen? Something similar to that: www.instagram.com/p/BlSmmHCnt7c/

More
08 Oct 2019 18:07 #147476 by tommylight
There are two versions of a vertical screen for Linuxcnc, one that was never made public using the modified Axis GUI, and the other is still in development and looks similar to that path pilot you posted.
The second comes with Linuxcnc version 2.9, not sure if it is in 2.8.
The second is a version of the GUI developed in this thread, for vertical monitors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, ssd

More
08 Oct 2019 18:23 - 08 Oct 2019 18:24 #147477 by ssd
Replied by ssd on topic Another GUI project underway
Thank you. I should have done some more research before making a reply. @Lcvette posted the previews on page 11.

BTW, you guys should set up a donation page. The GUI looks awesome and I am sure many of us would contribute.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2019 18:24 by ssd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, anfänger

More
08 Oct 2019 18:25 #147478 by Lcvette

Would it take a lot of effort to modify the GUI for a vertical screen? Something similar to that:

yes but its not ready yet, we are finishing the primary screen first before i do anything else on the others so there is less work to be done other then formatting the layout.. the vertical screens are below as a rough example..

forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/34996-another...way?start=100#122765
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssd

More
08 Oct 2019 18:32 #147479 by Lcvette
not sure but there have been some major changes to the repository of probe basic recently so it may have to do with that
i am writing a new installation doc that should be good for the new repo locations for development, i will post those once they are tested out some more.. would love the help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssd

More
08 Oct 2019 18:33 #147480 by Lcvette
not sure, but currently the only size is 1080x1920.. not sur ewhat it would look like on a higher res screen, but you could try it out and see?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, ssd

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds