Another GUI project underway

More
10 May 2019 22:59 #133416 by Type_Zero_Design
Jacks install got me working in Probe Basic! So excited to use this, looks extremly promising compared to all the other options, coming from years of industrial machine controls.

I did run into an issue on Probe Basic Vertical:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/tc225/.local/bin/qtpyvcp", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('qtpyvcp==0.2.3+277.g2bfd1e0', 'console_scripts', 'qtpyvcp')()
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 91, in main
run_vcp(opts, None)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 114, in run_vcp
load_vcp(opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 130, in load_vcp
_load_vcp_from_entry_point(vcp, opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 179, in _load_vcp_from_entry_point
vcp.main(opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/examples/probe_basic_vertical/__init__.py", line 19, in main
qtpyvcp.run_vcp(opts, VCP_CONFIG_FILE)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 141, in run_vcp
launch_application(opts, config)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 77, in launch_application
loadWindows(config)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 208, in loadWindows
window = _initialize_object_from_dict(window_dict)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 197, in _initialize_object_from_dict
obj = _get_object_by_referance(provider)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 185, in _get_object_by_referance
return getattr(importlib.import_module(modname), attrname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
__import__(name)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/examples/probe_basic_vertical/probe_basic.py", line 8, in <module>
import probe_basic_rc
ImportError: No module named probe_basic_rc

Also on Probe Basic, the conversational seemed to be missing/ having issues whit some of the graphical stuff.

What aspect ratio is Probe Basic designed to run on? Currently the right side is cut off the screen on the monitor i'm running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2019 18:19 #133464 by Lcvette

Jacks install got me working in Probe Basic! So excited to use this, looks extremly promising compared to all the other options, coming from years of industrial machine controls.

I did run into an issue on Probe Basic Vertical:

Also on Probe Basic, the conversational seemed to be missing/ having issues whit some of the graphical stuff.

What aspect ratio is Probe Basic designed to run on? Currently the right side is cut off the screen on the monitor i'm running.

These are developmental GUI's still not for use on machines at all yet! pulling them is more for people to help complete them at this point or to get acquainted with QTPYVCP to build your own gui. probe basic vertical and probe basic lathe are not going to get any attention until the primary probe basic is 100% and then those others will be updated since most of the framework is the same and will have been proven. This is to save time in the long run from having to constantly update multiple projects. so i would not even attempt using these on a machine yet unless you are a developer trying to sort out items to help complete it at this point. we are constantly working on everything in the background even though this thread is not updated regularly. that is just because most updates at this point are relatively minor visually even though the work is extensive in the background on the backend items. still would love for anyone with programming skills in python to join in, it would be helpful for the conversational portion for sure which will will not be a must have for the release of the machine test version. with that said, there is a pretty major update which will be announced below!

Chris

More
11 May 2019 18:52 #133469 by Lcvette
Just wanted to post an update, as of the Friday, the probing routines for 3 axis have been finished! they are untested on machines still, but they prove out on the sim and seem to work fantastic! they will be already integrated into the gui to make things easy to use. even the calibration page is completed for auto probe calibration with round and rectangular precision gauge objects to dial in your probe once manually physically adjusted for run-out. it will auto run through a probing sequence matched to your probe calibration object and will self adjust its calibration offset based on its results. the objects can be round pocket or boss or square/rect pocket or boss with precision measurements. you will enter the dimensions on the cal page rough position the probe, hit the probe cal button for the correct object and let it do its thing.

we also built routines for edge angle and rotated corner location as well as setting a rotated work offset automatically with only the click of a button prior to running an edge angle or rotated object corner finding routine. very handy for odd jobs or for finding points on none parallel to axis objects. all probing routines are one touch fully automatic but have user input parameters to help fine tune the probing operation and keep a high level of safety in place to protect the probe and work. it should help make things simple to use for those who are new to probing and be a pleasant experience for those who are already accustomed to other probing methods.

and of course if those who desire to change the pre existing probing routines wish to they are free to do so by changing the probe subroutines. I made the decision to keep the subroutine completely done in NGC format so that it would be accessible and fairly easy to learn for even new people wanting to make their own. be aware the existing probe routine structure relies on parameter inputs in the gui so if you plan to change them it is recommended that you learn your way around ngc and understand all of the interactions occurring first to avoid incidents unwanted. I was diligent in noting the functions as i was writing the routines to assist in the process. as this was my learning experience with NGC, there were many iterations of the routines and I am certain there are other methods to accomplish the same thing as I did so multiple times myself before settling on this method for ease of editing and duplication if needed for future routines. I encourage people to get to know NGC as it is a wonderful way to add functionality to your machines through linuxcnc!

I will post some short video clips in the coming days and some screenshots once i finish cleaning up a few things I am working on, but with some luck I am hoping to try things out on my machine in the next week or two if all goes well and I can get a couple items fixed on the to do list remaining in the main gui portion!

Thanks for following along on this Journey and hopefully you have been pulling the QtPyVCP to play and have fun with what Hazzy, Turboss, JT, Myself and all the others have been donating their time to for the community!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, emilvv, pommen, Jedi, KCJ, jackdavies, Becksvill, FritziAnn

More
12 May 2019 05:38 #133508 by Type_Zero_Design
Chris,

That makes sense. I guess I just wasn't sure what is not working because I broke it and what is just not there haha! I wish I had more to contribute to this project because I am very excited about all the great work you guys are doing. Going to go check out those probing cycles!

Keep up the good work!

More
16 May 2019 20:34 #134002 by vmihalca
Hi guys,

I have looked over the alternatives that you offer and some of them are working and looking quite good.
I tried testing Bp_touch and i get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/bin/qtpyvcp", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('qtpyvcp==0.2.3+206.ga0123d5', 'console_scripts', 'qtpyvcp')()
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 91, in main
run_vcp(opts, None)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 114, in run_vcp
load_vcp(opts)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 130, in load_vcp
_load_vcp_from_entry_point(vcp, opts)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 179, in _load_vcp_from_entry_point
vcp.main(opts)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bp_touch/__init__.py", line 36, in main
qtpyvcp.run_vcp(opts, VCP_CONFIG_FILE)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 138, in run_vcp
config = load_config_files(*config_files)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/utilities/config_loader.py", line 41, in load_config_files
expanded_files = process_templates(files)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/utilities/config_loader.py", line 68, in process_templates
template = env.get_template(file_name)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 830, in get_template
return self._load_template(name, self.make_globals(globals))
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 804, in _load_template
template = self.loader.load(self, name, globals)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/loaders.py", line 113, in load
source, filename, uptodate = self.get_source(environment, name)
File "/home/linuxcnc/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/loaders.py", line 187, in get_source
raise TemplateNotFound(template)
TemplateNotFound: config.yml

More
19 May 2019 00:22 #134230 by tommylight
Building this monstrosity amongst other things, would be nice if it starts it's life with this GUI.
Using mixed and matched parts found in the workshop, so some are to weak and some way to big/strong, but probably will be usable for some light aluminium work.
Regards,

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
13 Jun 2019 16:19 #136836 by Techsavvy34
If I install this would I be able to test basic functions on my cnc router or does only sim mode work at the moment?

More
13 Jun 2019 17:09 #136839 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Another GUI project underway
Yes, it will run a real machine, but be forewarned that it still has some bugs.

You should be able to use a standard INI, but for best results copy and paste the QtPyVCP specific entries form the DISPLAY section of the ProbeBasic example INI.

Cheers,
Kurt

More
14 Jun 2019 01:08 #136861 by Techsavvy34
Alright Thanks. I got pathpilot running on my g0704 conversion but it was a huge hassle. For my cnc router I wanna run linuxcnc so I'm sort of new to linuxcnc. Where can I find the probe basic ini? Does this build have a wizard like stepconf to help map the pinouts?

More
14 Jun 2019 01:09 #136862 by Becksvill
Hi Guys

I am a little stuck on how to actually download this gui. Sometimes stuff in linuxcnc is so simple that we all miss the easiest things. At this stage there is so much stuff all over the place that I am lost. The problem is I don't know how to start. I have linuxcnc working on a cnc router and that is all easy so Its just the gui that i need help with

Could someone give me the easiest way to get it please. Starting from scratch. eg I have just installed the live CD/USB What I would like is some instructions for "dummies" Just so I can get it on the computer. After that I can load it the complicated way and start having a play.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds