Another GUI project underway

More
30 Mar 2019 00:59 #129946 by Lcvette
you are right, that is what changes it, but if i go lower it doesn't like it.. ie.. going to .125 works fine for 8 tools, but going to .083333 for 12 it just keeps spinning.. any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2019 02:53 #129954 by Lcvette

I am not really understanding what you mean by "pocket index count"

Do you mean the simulated index in the Vismach?

It is generated here by a mess of HAL I barely understand myself any more :-)

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/0f91c5...olchange/sim_vmc.hal

But I think it is the scale.0.gain 0.1 that gives it 10 positions between indices.

figured it out....lol was pulling my hair out.. wound up being the M66 L1 Q10 being to short for the 12 tool setting...lol fixed and now we are good to go!! Thanks Andy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becksvill

More
18 Apr 2019 06:04 #131111 by Becksvill
Hi Lcvette

Just wanted to make a post and ask how the progress is going? Like a lot of people I am really interested in this gui and can't wait to try it out on my cnc mill.

This is what is needed to take the linuxcnc gui away from looking like they are 30 years old!

Regards

Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
10 May 2019 03:20 #133314 by Type_Zero_Design
Hey Guys,

Just got this installed and on attempt to open I am getting this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/tc225/.local/bin/qtpyvcp", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('qtpyvcp==0.2.3+208.g82c29ba', 'console_scripts', 'qtpyvcp')()
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 91, in main
run_vcp(opts, None)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 114, in run_vcp
load_vcp(opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 130, in load_vcp
_load_vcp_from_entry_point(vcp, opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 179, in _load_vcp_from_entry_point
vcp.main(opts)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/examples/probe_basic/__init__.py", line 19, in main
qtpyvcp.run_vcp(opts, VCP_CONFIG_FILE)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/__init__.py", line 141, in run_vcp
launch_application(opts, config)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 77, in launch_application
loadWindows(config)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 208, in loadWindows
window = _initialize_object_from_dict(window_dict)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/vcp_launcher.py", line 202, in _initialize_object_from_dict
return obj(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/examples/probe_basic/probe_basic.py", line 18, in __init__
super(ProbeBasic, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/form_widgets/main_window.py", line 44, in __init__
self.loadUi(ui_file)
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/form_widgets/main_window.py", line 103, in loadUi
uic.loadUi(ui_file, self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/__init__.py", line 226, in loadUi
return DynamicUILoader(package).loadUi(uifile, baseinstance, resource_suffix)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/Loader/loader.py", line 72, in loadUi
return self.parse(filename, resource_suffix, basedir)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 1000, in parse
actor(elem)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 807, in createUserInterface
self.traverseWidgetTree(elem)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 785, in traverseWidgetTree
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 262, in createWidget
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 785, in traverseWidgetTree
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 482, in createLayout
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 525, in handleItem
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 482, in createLayout
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 525, in handleItem
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 262, in createWidget
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
handler(self, child)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 253, in createWidget
self.stack.push(self.setupObject(widget_class, parent, elem))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 217, in setupObject
obj = self.factory.createQObject(clsname, name, args, is_attribute)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/objcreator.py", line 106, in createQObject
factory = self.findQObjectType(classname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/objcreator.py", line 131, in findQObjectType
w = module.search(classname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt5/uic/Loader/qobjectcreator.py", line 115, in search
module = __import__(mname, {}, {}, (cls,))
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/atc_widget/atc.py", line 14, in <module>
from qtpy.QtQuickWidgets import QQuickWidget
File "/home/tc225/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpy/QtQuickWidgets.py", line 14, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtQuickWidgets import *
ImportError: No module named QtQuickWidgets

More
10 May 2019 03:32 #133316 by Lcvette
Looks like you are missing some deps, did you do the install as s instructed and install the deps as well?

More
10 May 2019 03:34 #133317 by Lcvette
Looks like you are missing some deps, did you do the install as s instructed and install the deps as well?

Also list more info about your installation, which Linux version etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Type_Zero_Design

More
10 May 2019 03:47 #133318 by Type_Zero_Design
Lcvette,

What are deps? (sorry) This is installed on linux9 (Stretch) with linuxcnc 2.8 as per the install instructions. I dont believe I missed any of the steps.

More
10 May 2019 05:24 #133327 by jackdavies
You need to install this -

sudo apt install python-pyqt5.qtquick

Hope that helps!
Jack

More
10 May 2019 06:15 #133331 by Lcvette
Dependencies, see Jack's post above, there is a line that grands all the dependencies during install, if you shipped it out is likely why you are seeing those errors.

More
10 May 2019 11:50 #133344 by Type_Zero_Design
Thanks guys, I'll give that a try when I get home! I did install the dependencies based on the quick start page.... But that looks like it points to something different than Jacks so I'll give that a go.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds