Set up using AMC AB15A100 drives, brushed DC motor Prototrak Plus with Encoders

More
29 Aug 2022 17:27 - 29 Aug 2022 17:31 #250705 by new2linux
Todd, Many Thanks! If I have understand you correctly, the line that needs to be "#" are the lies start with: "# x-out (9 lines from bottom in attached pic) & or #y-out (7 lines from bottom in pic). Currently the scope is connected to the "y" axes, so this is the one I will try 1st, so the # will be removed from the "y" axes or line 7. This will not allow signal to "x" axes, because # is on line 9. I am still pondering your last post, it will make more sense when I get to that, maybe.

Edit: lines 6 and 8 from the bottom, are the lines to use # with, not lines 7 and 9 from bottom.

Many thanks!

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Aug 2022 17:31 by new2linux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2022 17:51 #250709 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks!! After re-reading your posts this is the 1st traces. I have a few traces, but they look very close to each other. When starting a new trace; press the "enable servo drive" on "test" screen; used "auto" on o-scope and adjusted the 0-scope to make best trace, if I adjust blue trace to spread out (left to right) the yellow trace gets tall & thin. I am not shore I got it correct. I have # on the "x" axes (in the "test" file) because o-scope is hooked up to "y".

Many thanks

Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2022 17:58 #250710 by Todd Zuercher
What frequency do you have Siggen generating? While the default of 100hz was a good frequency for tuning the current loop, it is going to be way too fast for the mechanics of the machine to react for tuning the velocity loop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
29 Aug 2022 18:09 #250711 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks! I am reading from the "Test" screen, at the bottom, Freq=100Hz: (next line below) Amp+1.0Volt: & (last line) Offset=0.0Volt.

When I do the "test" will the motor be up to "cruse speed" for a short distance? I have used Pot 4 to stop both axes and worked well.

Many thanks

More
29 Aug 2022 18:23 #250714 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks! I tried 5Hz, but almost violent axes motion, only allowed for a second, to oscillate. Went to 10Hz with a pic attached.
Many thanks

Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2022 18:33 #250716 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks! This pic is at 8Hz, (this moves the saddle, very quickly about 1/8") the o-scope trace does not get the plateau "cruse part" area. Should I slow feed rate down? I tried the o-scope settings to get best pic.
Many thanks
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2022 18:43 #250719 by Todd Zuercher
The motion for this test is going to be violent. (Sorry If I left out that warning.) It is going to accelerate the motors and the drives at their maximum. Only run it long enough to get a reading then disable again. It is entirely possible you could brake something doing this test. It looks like 10 is still a little too fast, but it is getting some readable motion. I think 5 or 2 or 1 are going to probably be about the right frequency. If it is a little too violent, reduce the voltage command so that the sustained speeds are lower (maybe a half or 1/4 volt might be better than 1v.)

More
29 Aug 2022 18:54 #250721 by Todd Zuercher
Sorry I didn't read your post correctly, 5hz was still too fast. Try 1hz, and maybe 1/2v.

Lowering the speed command (voltage) will also hopefully make it easier and reduce the time needed to achieve a stable speed.

More
29 Aug 2022 18:56 #250722 by Todd Zuercher
At this point in the 5 and 8 hz traces the machine is still a long way from reaching the commanded speed, and is changing directions while it is still accelerating.

More
29 Aug 2022 19:55 #250725 by new2linux
Todd, thanks! I have tried several settings, when I am close how will I tell? The traces I offered so far, I have not seen the plateau in the trace, this will be present in the blue trace when correct? I understand there will be some trial & error until the values (the volts & Hz) in the "test" screen are "zeroed in on", so the SW2 settings can be seen and adjusted then. Just wondering what I am looking for in the traces? I will start fresh in the morning.

Many thanks!

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds