Set up using AMC AB15A100 drives, brushed DC motor Prototrak Plus with Encoders

More
31 Aug 2022 18:07 #250874 by new2linux
Todd, Many thanks!! I see what you were saying, the attached pics (there are 2 of the same, Pot1=12.0), the 11.75 trace (not attached) has a larger over-shoot, and you will see that the traces get jagged as the turns increase (I believe my file settings are recorded correct), but compare 12.125 to 12.25 & it makes me wonder, if you notice the pics are of the "y" axes going 2 different directions, + vs. -.

This 12.0 looks good to me, what do you think?? I can set SW2 to next setting & try Pot1 again, if there is a belief, that much overlap of settings.

Many thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2022 18:35 #250877 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, much, much better. I think reducing that last little bit of overshoot could be a good thing, but if it isn't possible I think you may be good enough now to start tuning the position loop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
31 Aug 2022 18:58 #250879 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks!! I will try the next SW2 setting with Pot 1 to see for myself, later today.
Will this setting (1.147mF; Pot1=12.0 CW) be ok for the "x" axes as well, or should I set up for x, this involves edit the .hal file, from "y" to "x" & from 1 to 0?

The position loop, this is tuning (P;I;D;FF1;FF2 & DEADBAND) or something else.

Many thanks!

More
31 Aug 2022 19:19 #250880 by Todd Zuercher
It would be best to at least test the settings for the X and you may find it needs slightly different settings.

Yes, tuning the position loop is tuning the P, I, D, FF1, and FF2 in Linuxcnc.

The way the drive is set up now, I don't think FF1=1 will be correct. I suspect the right setting will probably be a little less than 0.5 for FF1 for the Y axis.

More
31 Aug 2022 19:27 #250881 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks! Attached are pics of the SW2=1.267(next setting as per table) with Pot1 adjusted from 6.0 to 8.0, the best are 6.75 & 7.0, but nor as good as 1.147 with 12.0 CW. What do you think?

Many thanks!

Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2022 19:55 #250884 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks. I have set up (edited, .hal file) for "x" axes, by "#" so x axes will work proper. If you see the attached pic & setting for the frequency is at .07, lower than y axes. It appeared to "run away" with frequency at .1, now with setting at .07 (still real fast) the trace still looks like still too high. The SW2 setting is 1.147 with Pot1 at 9 turns. Have I set the Hal-Scope proper? I will work the settings more, need confidence that scope is set proper.

Many thanks.

Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2022 20:11 #250885 by Todd Zuercher
Turn down pot3 some, that should reduce how fast the drive thinks a 1v command is.

More
31 Aug 2022 20:14 #250887 by Todd Zuercher
Also the Frequency setting in the Siggen test is how long the pusles last before changing direction, the Amplitude (volts) determines how fast the move is.

More
01 Sep 2022 12:23 #250919 by new2linux
Todd, thank you! I need a 2nd opinion about the settings for the "x" axes, in the "test" screen, specifically Frequency (the "Y" axes, was .1Hz & 1.0V to "X" axes .25 Hz & .4 V) & Amplitude values.
Will the settings shown work, or what does it need, before I take more pics?
Prior to taking the pic the "x" axes was a great deal quicker at moving to the left, using Pot4 trying to balance, if not the table ends up at 1 end of travel after several tests.
Pot 3 in the pic is set to 6.5, only 1/2 turn different from "y" axes, all else is the same.

Many thanks
Attachments:

More
01 Sep 2022 13:59 #250924 by Todd Zuercher
It looks as if there is a great deal more friction to moving the X in one direction than the other. (This is more likely why it was moving faster one way than the other.) This implies that there is a mechanical issue that needs addressed. Are all the ways properly lubricated? Are the gibs properly adjusted? What are the condition of the ways? If it uses a lead screw, is the nut worn or lacking lube? Often if a horizontal axis is more difficult to move one way than the other, this is because of a gib adjustment issue, if one is too loose what can happen is that the table can rack moving in one direction putting the ways and screw in a bind making it a lot harder to move one way than the other. A worn out lead-screw nut can also often bind up one way more than the other.

The plot also looks like a lot more Pot1 resistance and more SW2 ohms are needed. Mostly because the X axis is harder to move than the Y was.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds