Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC

More
12 Jul 2022 17:48 #247169 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Retrofitting a TOS FNG 32 NC
The siemens 6rb drives generally have more than one enable. 
IIRC....pulse enable, regulator anable and axis enable. 

i have had problems when trying yo enable all of them at the same time. 

On my last retrofit, i enable the pulse and regulator together,  when estop is released, and axis when the machine is switched on. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2022 18:07 #247171 by Kevin_Pawlus
I have identified one enable, nr85. Now I try to read what voltage it needs in the Siemens manual, it comes right from the Heidenhain module. 
nr56 & nr14 is +-10V. 

It says "GO" on the left side. Can that also be one enable?

Is G1, G2, G3 encoders and should in the future be connected to Mesa?
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2022 19:04 #247173 by Henk
ER2 is the power supply sectiom of thw drive. It consists of a rectifier and a cap that rectifies the 165vac 3 phase from the transformer shown. Terminal 27 28 and 29 get 3 phase line voltage and powers the electronics. 

G0 is another card in the drive. It contains the pulse and regulator enable signals. Pin 7 here is 24v dc to be used to enable the drive as shown on pins 63 (permanently enabled) and 64 through the relay contacts. 

each axis, in your case 4 of them has its own speed control card. For each of them, pin 65 is the enable for that axis. This enable power should also come from pin 7 on the G0 card.

G1 ....G3 are dc tachogenerators mounted on the motors. They provide velocity feedback to the drive. Take note of the polariry of the  motor supply wires and the tacho wires and dont mix them up or swap the polarity. It will cause the motor to run away and can damage the power transistors. These tacho signals stay as is and will not be connected to anything else.

the linear scale signals must go to the mesa 7i77. You need to check what type of signal is coming from the scales. You may need interpolators to convert from sin/cos to 5v ttl. Check the diagrams for something labled EXE...

More
12 Jul 2022 19:36 #247175 by Kevin_Pawlus
Thanks for the reply :)
I meant nr 65, not nr85 before. Okay, so I take the voltage from pin 7 and connect it through a relay and then on to nr65 and when the relay is on the motor is enabeld?
After I have enable the whole drive with KA23.

The linear scales are Hedenhain LS403.
There is some electrical info on page 20 here but Im still unsure what signal.
siebert-automation.com/wp-content/upload...ing-Instructions.pdf

More
12 Jul 2022 20:56 #247184 by Kevin_Pawlus
It looks like I need interpolators.
Does something like Heidenhain EXE 602 work?

More
13 Jul 2022 03:08 #247207 by Henk
Yup. That would be ok

More
14 Jul 2022 19:50 #247317 by Kevin_Pawlus
I recieved the Mesa boards yesterday (wednesday) and I ordered monday. Very fast!
I have started removing parts of the old control system and labeling cables. I also 3-D printed an holder for the cards EXE boxes are also on the way. 

I'v read the manual of the card and I don't really understand what can of signal the board outputs. I will power the field with 24VDC. Is the enable output for each motor +24VDC when high? And can it be used to power a relay. The existing enable circuit goes through a relay, so if I activate the relay I have the motor enabled. I hope to use the existing circuit. 

:) 
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2022 02:39 #247337 by Henk
On the 7i77, the 16 output pins will be 24v when on if you power the field with 24v. 

The axis enable pins are potential free. You need to feed one of the two ENA pins with a dc voltage, which is available on its mate when turned on on the software. Note the polarity, it is described in the manual.

Ena 0 through 4 is switched on together, cannot be controlled indi idually. ENA5 is meant for the spindle and can be co trolled seperately from the rest

More
18 Jul 2022 16:24 #247706 by Kevin_Pawlus
After some struggle with the ethernet on the Mesa 7i94 i finally got it working with the computer :) 
Only to find out that I cant find 7i94 in pncconf. Not really sure what to do now and how to setup.

More
18 Jul 2022 17:40 #247710 by tommylight
Already replied by PCW on the other thread/topic/
No double posting, makes a mess for people who are trying to help.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds