× Forum Header

Home switches wiring / setup

More
15 Feb 2022 18:12 #234963 by remon_v

How long do you have to wait for the new bob ?

I ordered it from AliExpress, so I guess about 10 days.
I would like to do 1 other thing, which I can do in meanwhile...

I want to actively cool my steppermotors, so they don't get too hot. The stepper mounts are from PLA (printed).
I have 5 x 24V fans which I want to hookup to a 5V relay and control them from LinuxCNC. I've made a HAL file already and a PyPVC panel (maybe you've seen it already). What I want is to be able to control them via the panel, start them automaticly when a programm starts and then blank out the option to control them via the panel (does that make sense?)

But I don't know if I should make another thread for it or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2022 18:18 #234964 by Clive S
Yes make another thread

More
15 Feb 2022 18:33 #234966 by remon_v
Oke!

In which mode should my PP be in the bios? now it's in this mode:

Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2022 18:36 #234967 by tommylight
All modes work mostly, EPP is the first choice if i remember correctly, thanks to PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, remon_v

More
17 Feb 2022 03:08 #235088 by Todd Zuercher
I'm pretty sure all of the GND terminals on these bob's are common and connected internally. I don't see how connecting your -ve from your 24v supply could fry it. Unless you are saying your supply has +24v, 0v, and -24v and you put the -24v on the GND effectively applying 48v to the board.

More
17 Feb 2022 07:29 #235105 by remon_v
I don't get it either.. No it's just a Mean Well 24V switching power supply

More
04 Mar 2022 21:44 - 04 Mar 2022 21:45 #236373 by remon_v
So my new BOB arrived today, finally!

First I tested it with everything connected the same… no luck
Then I did what Clive said, disconnect USB and connect 5V from a power supply… no luck
Then I tried a buck converter…. no luck

Then I hooked up a NPN sensor, brown and blue to 24V and the black wire to P10. The light turns on when in contact with metal, so that should be good. I also measured between P10 and the -VE, 24V when not triggered and 0V when triggered… also good right?

lastly I bridged P10 and GND and run the PP tester… P10 doesn’t trigger… so there is something wrong.

Oh I forgot to mention… I also tried some other BIOS settings.

Am I just unlucky or what….
Last edit: 04 Mar 2022 21:45 by remon_v.

More
04 Mar 2022 22:04 #236375 by Todd Zuercher
When you say you bridged p10 to ground, was that at the parallel port on the computer or at the end of the parallel port cable or at the BOB? Also you have to be sure to change the parallel port address in the parallel port tester config (hal) file to match the address of your port. or it won't work.

More
04 Mar 2022 22:26 - 04 Mar 2022 22:32 #236378 by remon_v

When you say you bridged p10 to ground, was that at the parallel port on the computer or at the end of the parallel port cable or at the BOB? Also you have to be sure to change the parallel port address in the parallel port tester config (hal) file to match the address of your port. or it won't work.

Thanks for the reply Todd!
When I wrote this I was talking about bridging P10 to GND on the BOB... but now I've tested it on the cable also (the end/part that goes into the BOB)
'config string '0x378 out' it says before opening so that's oke. I can push the output buttons and the LED turns green, but when I bridge P10 or any other input pin to GND it doesn't trigger the LED

edit: I've now also tested the PP on the PC, still nothing... is that even possible???
Last edit: 04 Mar 2022 22:32 by remon_v.

More
05 Mar 2022 04:15 #236389 by Todd Zuercher
Are you certain about the parallel port address? 0x378 would be one possible (usually default) address for a built in port on a motherboard, if you have an add in pp card it won't be correct.

The Hal file you posted at the beginning of the thread uses [code]loadrt hal_parport cfg="0 out"[\code] which is the first parallel port address in the system what ever that is, which may or may not be 0x378.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds