× Forum Header

Home switches wiring / setup

More
05 Mar 2022 07:21 - 05 Mar 2022 07:22 #236399 by remon_v
I have only 1 parport which is build in.
I also changed the address in the BIOS to 0x378 and I’ve changed that in my HAL file also. To jumper P10 to GND I used a piece of wire with both end stripped (pretty long) to get the wire all the way in.
Have you ever seen someone to be able to use the outputs but not the inputs? Is that possible?
Last edit: 05 Mar 2022 07:22 by remon_v.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2022 09:29 #236406 by Clive S

I have only 1 parport which is build in.
I also changed the address in the BIOS to 0x378 and I’ve changed that in my HAL file also. To jumper P10 to GND I used a piece of wire with both end stripped (pretty long) to get the wire all the way in.
Have you ever seen someone to be able to use the outputs but not the inputs? Is that possible?

Now you have the new bob can you show how you have it wired.

Have you wired the gnd (next to P15) to the gnd of the 5V power supply (third pin from the right GND,5v,5v)

More
05 Mar 2022 10:17 - 05 Mar 2022 10:32 #236412 by remon_v
Thanks Clive for the reply!
I haven’t connected the GND next to the input pins to the PCGND next to the PC5V pins. I can try that later…

But correct wiring yes or no, I can’t get the PP tester to work on the input pins…
I’m testing it directly on the parport on the motherboard. If that doesn’t work then the rest doesn’t work either right?

look at the photos I have attached, I’m testing it correctly right?
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Mar 2022 10:32 by remon_v.

More
05 Mar 2022 10:55 #236416 by Clive S

Thanks Clive for the reply!
I haven’t connected the GND next to the input pins to the PCGND next to the PC5V pins. I can try that later…

But correct wiring yes or no, I can’t get the PP tester to work on the input pins…
I’m testing it directly on the parport on the motherboard. If that doesn’t work then the rest doesn’t work either right?

look at the photos I have attached, I’m testing it correctly right?

Yes it should work like you have it. I have just tested it to make sure

So you might have the wrong address for the PPort or wrecked it. Be careful when shorting pins on the PPort.

More
05 Mar 2022 12:46 #236422 by remon_v
I’m guessing the PP is broken…

I just ordered a Dell Optiplex 780, it’s got a Core2Duo E8500 (which is good for latency right), 8GB RAM and a WiFi USB dongle. That all for under €30,- incl shipping.

I guess I can just put in my SSD and it will work out of the box right?

More
05 Mar 2022 13:11 #236428 by Clive S
 Re.  I   guess I can just put in my SSD and it will work out of the box right?

Yes it should 

More
05 Mar 2022 14:04 #236431 by tommylight
In the attached picture of the BIOS screen you have the parallel port set to "auto", change that to 378, save and reboot.
Wire test is OK, but to be sure, one side of the wire touch to the screw, the other on the input.

More
05 Mar 2022 21:34 #236453 by remon_v

In the attached picture of the BIOS screen you have the parallel port set to "auto", change that to 378, save and reboot.

Yes I did already!

Wire test is OK, but to be sure, one side of the wire touch to the screw, the other on the input.

What do you mean? Don't use one of the GND's on the parport but one of the 2 bolt/screws where the cable goes in?

More
05 Mar 2022 22:05 #236455 by tommylight

What do you mean? Don't use one of the GND's on the parport but one of the 2 bolt/screws where the cable goes in?

Yes.

More
07 Mar 2022 14:17 #236582 by Todd Zuercher
What mode do you have enabled for the parallel port in the bios? SPP usually is best for use as GPIO and software stepping, especially if you want to use the port with X-mode in stead of the usuall in or out, but EPP should still work. What ever setting, you may want to try it in different modes to see if it might work with one of the other settings.

It is possible that the parallel port was damaged when you ruined the other BOB. (or that it never worked right.)

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds