Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
11 Apr 2021 17:15 #205655 by anfänger
The mail loop still not working even step checking everything and getting the conformation from Lichuan that I should work with 230V AC.

But the control loop works:

even the encoders are working. Not sure what to with the drives now.

So I checked the tail stock out:

This beast is heavy but it fits:

Then I decided to check the positions for the E stops and am not sure If I should move them. The one towards they are kind of late. The one n the front will trip after the carriage already hat hit the the chuck

and the rear ne will only work without the tailstock:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2021 17:16 #205656 by anfänger
I got some spare parts for the lube system and now I think it works. I still need to bleed the system and it looks like this would take a while:

but some are already starting oil:

just some more checks and I can reassemble the cross slide. I wonder If I should resurface it to remove some of the marks of former crashes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
11 Apr 2021 18:02 #205664 by db1981
hi,

just one thought..

Are you definitly shure that main loop and control loop phase is the same per drive?

More
11 Apr 2021 20:41 #205678 by anfänger
Yes, I am also tried connecting them so the same breaker, this didn’t help. Tried the second one too with the same result.
I was thinking about an starting current limiter. But they look so tiny compared to all the vfd‘s i wired up.

More
12 Apr 2021 06:14 #205701 by db1981
This is strange.

What do you mean with hot? you can't touch it anymore?
How fast it is getting hot?

do you have acces to a current clamp? "Stromzange / Zangen Amperemeter"
You could optain the current in the phase */after power up the Main loop, if the motor is not enabled there should be only small current after the intermediate circuit "Zwischenkreis" is powered up. If there are a few amperers flown, then the devices are not ok, or the connection advice in the manual is wrong.

More
12 Apr 2021 07:25 - 12 Apr 2021 07:29 #205705 by anfänger
I am staring to think the drawing and specs are wrong.
I tested both drives now both wont work.
With one I decided to go fullbore and connected it to the big breaker in fired the bitch up. Control loop is OK Main loop went up in smoke.

I will discuss the matter with lichuan again. I am starting to think that the manual is for all the Drives but the >2.5KW one’d needs a different power supply, they just don‘t show it.

I will open the drives this week to see what died
Last edit: 12 Apr 2021 07:29 by anfänger.

More
12 Apr 2021 11:45 #205716 by Becksvill
patric you might find that they need 24v for control power.

I have had 4 different types of chinese servos now with a range of control voltages. ranging from 24vdc 200v ac and 400v ac and the manuals are often generic lol. servo drives are awesome manuals suck

More
25 Apr 2021 06:39 #206993 by anfänger
Long time no updated, bu I was busy in other projects and papa has a new toy:

So I spent time in the Garden preparing for a new fence and garden shed general planning, with a litte hope this week the apple trees and the wine will arrive. Also did a lot of work in the courtyard, so we can enjoy the summer evenings there.

But I Also redid some wiring in the Workshop:

the CNC machines now have their own breaker without an ELCB and changed all the breakers in the CNC machines goring to power sockets to ones with an includes ELCB. I also mow have a meter to check the power consumption in the workshop.

More
15 May 2021 17:15 - 15 May 2021 17:15 #208934 by anfänger
I need to get my mill working again and the garden is almost ready only the rainwater collection needs bo be finished and I am waiting for some fittings there, so it was workshop time.
To fire up the mitt I need to get my air compressor back to its spot.
And for this I need to get the rear enclosure on the lathe. So I straigtend the enclosure (It had some big dents in it) with some not so gentle hammer blows:

Also the top rail for the door needed some work

and wit the help of the Torch, vice and some hammer blows it should be ok now:

then it was time to clean the cross slide and bring it back on the lathe. I also added the missing nut for the ball screw:

I made a gustom screw for the gib, cause the old one was notched and didn't hold the gib correctly and since the gib also had some damages on the notch for the bolt, I gave it an extra flange to also grab the end of the gib.

When the rear panels is pressure washed I can mount it back in place.

There is one thing which I am thinking about. I wonder if it would be useful to get some more data from VFD and the servo drives. They all have a modbus interface. But the controls plc is in the panel. Now the question use an rs232 to Modus converter and run a cable from the panel to the cabinet, or use an tcp to modbus bridge. I have an ethernet hut in the cabinet, so this would be an easy fix. Routing another cable would be a bit of work but much cheaper I guess but some work. Any suggestions?

Thanks Patrick
Last edit: 15 May 2021 17:15 by anfänger.

More
16 May 2021 14:35 #209097 by anfänger
What supposed to be a quick wash down with the power washer took quite a while, cause someone pained over sward and grime. So a lot of scrubbing, soaking and cursing was done today

And still not finished

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds