Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
15 Jun 2021 21:32 #212146 by tommylight
Nice ! :)
I am still learning 3D modelling, have to do mounts for encoders on a retrofit that spent to much time waiting.
Already did a test, model > slicer >3D printer and it was OK ! :) so now i have to complicate things a bit and run another test.
Yeah i am doing it in plastic, pretty sure it can handle an encoder, and hopefully the motor temp does not go above 80C, PET-G gets soft there = flying encoder parts ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2021 06:33 #212180 by anfänger
With 3d Modeling im am really slow I never learned it and only do it once in a while.
I cover the encoder with some 3d printed parts. 80° sounds enough I never pushed my machines so hard that the servos went this hot. Not even the spindle.
But I never thought of using 3d printed parts for mounting the encoder. I guess I am not really used to having a 3d printer. ANd I think milling the parts were much quicker. :dry:
This is the downside of 3d printing. But als it looks now I can have the lathe running again in autumn
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jun 2021 20:12 - 17 Jun 2021 07:48 #212212 by anfänger
Wired and tested the encoder

Is there a trick to check the index? The encoder has 2500 increments this might get tricky trying by hand

Edit came by and kicked me in the but and said use the hal-scope not hal show
Last edit: 17 Jun 2021 07:48 by anfänger.

More
18 Jun 2021 07:01 #212315 by anfänger
So to protect the new encoder a bit i printed a cover for it and surprisingly its‘ fitting on first try

File Attachment:

The cover for the cable hole and the hole it self needed bait of filing but over all it worked well:

File Attachment:

More
20 Jun 2021 16:50 #212498 by RotarySMP
You can use HAL show and look at the pin which is the encoder count. Turn a full rev and see if it increments by your expected resolution.
Nice progress. Are those Lichuan drviers? What do you think of them?
Mark

More
21 Jun 2021 06:49 - 21 Jun 2021 06:53 #212538 by anfänger
made an error when wiring (cable number 6 and 9 were crossed over) now index and encoders work just fine.
And now my spindle is controlled by LinuxCNC. For proper checking I need to fill in oil but to do that I need to install the new belt pulley for the z-axis. But hopefully this arrived this week. Without oil the clutch to engage the spindle doesn’t work. And to access the Z-Axis servo I need to open the oil tank

For the servo drives I‘cant really tell. They are running and I started to configure them, but I wasn’t able to move them from LinuxCNC yet.
But this is more or less a problem of my lack of skill.
The support is nice and friendly.
Want is a bit of a downside to me is the db40 connector. Soldering this up was a pain, cause I use to thick wires :dry: and the middle line of pins is not a friend of mine. But this ist not the fault of the driver :lol: this is my stupidity. I hope I can tell you more next week. When I can move them. I think there is an error in my starting up procedure
Cheers Patrick
Last edit: 21 Jun 2021 06:53 by anfänger.

More
21 Jun 2021 20:11 #212590 by anfänger
I can switch them on but they are oscillating :D. I don't get a reading in the DO This I need to check. And find a way to tune everything. So far I think they are doing what they should, I guess.
Now it's reading and remembering what I did six years ago, when I started the last retrofit :D

More
22 Jun 2021 19:59 #212696 by anfänger
I was able to start start and control it a bit.

I am quite happy right now.

More
23 Jun 2021 21:10 #212768 by anfänger
Played a bit more with the x axis
And looks quite nice so far:

Found an error in the input scale and after fixing it it went full speed and was spot on

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Now I need to tune it fully.

More
24 Jun 2021 20:48 #212848 by anfänger
Got the automatic lube system running.
What is not running is the indes Signal from the encoder, so homing with index is not running yet. This is an issue I need to address and recheck the wiring.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds