Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
18 Jul 2021 16:43 #215238 by anfänger
Yes but I stared before you I guess and don't go into such detail as you.

pus some more sheet metal on the lathe:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

and got some left overs one I have no idea where it came from, the other doesn't fit cause of the new servos. 

File Attachment:

But there is so much left to do. make new wipers, a protection for the panel, route the coolant, close the panel. and finish setting up linuxcnc.
But it "works" now, I can run code, it switches gears, and remembers the one on power down and resets it on start.
the rest is fine tune and make it more convenient to use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2021 19:59 #215803 by anfänger
I might have found a solution to replace the disintegrated way wipers. One was still ok so I used them and it’s holder as a reference to redraw all the missing ones.

And right now the printer is working on a set of new wipers. I use a 98a shore filament. It feels a bit more flexible. But I think this should be ok. I will give them a try soon

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jul 2021 12:14 #215850 by anfänger
So today I put my 3d printed wipers to a test:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

​I can't see a difference to the only old wiper in performance. SO now time will tell how they work. When they will be replaced I will make some changes to the lip design, but for now they are working.

While I was on the machine I covered the cables of the cross sled
File Attachment:
And there was the issue with the Multifix. the old dowels were sheared of and now replacement has arrived.
but with the dowel the misalignment of the main stud needed to be addressed. After some failed tries to do it by hand. I thought when the machine bended the stud... maybe I jan use it to straighten it:
File Attachment:

Now its al properly tightened and true.
File Attachment:

the spiral is missing, maybe I print something too

More
25 Jul 2021 14:03 #215855 by anfänger
File Attachment:

My spring replacement :side:
This TPU stuff is fun
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Jul 2021 07:10 #216022 by RotarySMP
Those 3D printed way wipers look great. Will be interesting to see how they hold up.
Mark

More
27 Jul 2021 10:13 #216027 by anfänger
Even if they don‘t least as long as the original ones, the cost is less than 1€ in Filament should be no problem to swap them once a year.
If you need some I can print you a set for testing if you send me a 3d filel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
01 Aug 2021 09:26 #216587 by anfänger
Closed the console now:

And now I have a switch to tune on the computer. Bund in a 3d printed cover plate. The smaller hole I welded shut.

Whats still on the List is a place for the keyboard and some protection for the console

More
02 Aug 2021 07:35 #216668 by anfänger
Now with a keyboard tray out of some leftovers from the old interior of the control cabinet

File Attachment:

And here a video of me try fo figure out If I should find a way to couple the enclosure withe the console.

not sure how to do it, I was thinking about a switchable magnet or so or at least something the easily breaks away when the enclosure gets stuck

More
09 Aug 2021 20:48 #217343 by ChrisMpa
hello. just yesterday i got mine gildemeister nef 480 fanuc. is it possible to send me any manual related to thiw machine? have you try to use the lathe before the linuxcnc retrofit? the person that sold it to you knew about this lathe?any help is more than axeptable

More
10 Aug 2021 07:17 #217379 by anfänger
Hi I have some documentation and all scanned, I can share with you if you like, but it’s all in German.
I never plugged the machine in before retrofitting and it was the plan from the beginning, so I didn’t ask much about the machine.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds