Retrofit of Precix 5x10 CNC

More
30 Apr 2021 11:14 #207438 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Retrofit of Precix 5x10 CNC

Yes! :Looking forward to your thread, and anything I can do to help just ask. Curious to see how your tuning goes. I am still having some issues,although it's working.

Yes thanks. I dont have the logistics yet, but we will see.

I already have a plan if the dirves are not working....... DC Servo Drives

I have used these before and they are not really expensive, but work really well and has support and tuning software. This machine has been sitting in a college for 6 years powered down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2021 17:53 #207740 by bevins
Randypeterson,

Dop you have the pinouts for the limitswitch ronds connector and the aux round connector below it?

More
25 Jun 2021 23:10 #212933 by randypetersen
I am sorry I missed this, I swear I have subscribed to this thread and hoped to get notifications but I don't.

If you still need them I will send whatever I have when I get to my shop tomorrow. I remember poking around that big plug finding them.

More
26 Jun 2021 10:14 - 26 Jun 2021 10:45 #212954 by bevins

I am sorry I missed this, I swear I have subscribed to this thread and hoped to get notifications but I don't.

If you still need them I will send whatever I have when I get to my shop tomorrow. I remember

I dont need them now. I got most of the pinouts from Precix themselves.
I do have one question, there is a pair of wires coming out of the control box motor connector for the Z axis. I assume that is the brake for the Z motor. You have the polarity handy? It is just two grey wires. I ask because I am not near the machine and I am rebuilding the control remotely and will send it to him. I have all the pionouts of the other connectors.

also, is your configs online for your machine? What are the mechanics? rack and pinion?
Last edit: 26 Jun 2021 10:45 by bevins.

More
26 Jun 2021 10:16 #212955 by bevins
RandyPeterson,

What did you do for the copely drives? Did your redo the connectors or solder, cowboy splice them?

More
26 Jun 2021 16:03 - 26 Jun 2021 16:12 #212965 by randypetersen

not sure if this helps, but right or wrong, I put wire on the black side to the negative and the wire on the red side to the output pin on the 7i77 card... it's working... :)

No idea... it's kinda like this: www.precix.com/CNC_signmaker_10500.htm but I am guessing it's been modified with better spindle and some other things. It's got a belt which I planned on switching to rack&pinion, but haven't messed with it. Belts have been working ok actually. As far as I know...

Ya, I guess cowboy/splice them? Took the existing wires, and then soldered on my own wires to connect to the mesa card and other components. I am meaning to redo it, I kinda left it as it for testing, but since it's been working I haven't redone it yet. I bought a nice controller box but haven't done it yet.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2021 16:12 by randypetersen. Reason: added more info

More
27 Jun 2021 10:29 #213014 by bevins
The original control only has three drives and connections for three motors. I know thi is a gantry router.
Do you only have three motors also? Must be some kind of belt that drives both sides?

More
27 Jun 2021 16:58 - 28 Jun 2021 12:46 #213036 by randypetersen
Yes, you are correct, there is a shaft that goes through the Y axis gantry and drives the other sprocket/belt. The X axis motor (the one I just replaced) couples to that shaft, and that shaft has gear to another belt/gear on both sides to long belt/gear.

Yep, 3 servo motors on mine with columbo spindle.

The new magmotor I just added had a different shaft size, so I changed the coupler to a reducing coupler. Seems decent. 

Please when they put your new controller in place and tune it to share the PID values. I am having an issue getting things behaving properly. It'd be nice to see some value of similar machines. Thanks. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jun 2021 12:46 by randypetersen. Reason: added photos
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
05 Jul 2021 23:26 #213804 by bevins
I am almost done with his control. He only paid me for redoing his control. If will no doubt need me to go there and get things going. He may try at first though.

I will let you know and share files if I end up setting it up.

Does your control have two fans in there? Are they 12vdc fans? I think they were connected to the precix controller board. I dont want top blow his fans so it would be nice knowing what voltage they are.

More
06 Jul 2021 20:54 #213892 by randypetersen
I took a quick look I was running a job at the time. I have just one fan in front. There is a grill on top, but no fan on mine. I believe the FAN is 12V the label was facing the grill so couldn't be for certain. I can check the wiring in a bit to find out for sure.

Do you replace the motor power supply too? or using the one that it came with?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds