Retrofit of Precix 5x10 CNC

More
07 Jul 2021 09:38 #213952 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Retrofit of Precix 5x10 CNC

I took a quick look I was running a job at the time. I have just one fan in front. There is a grill on top, but no fan on mine. I believe the FAN is 12V the label was facing the grill so couldn't be for certain. I can check the wiring in a bit to find out for sure.

Do you replace the motor power supply too? or using the one that it came with?

I heard from PRecix and they confirmed 12v fans.

I am keeping the motor power supply. I like a transformer I can power the grid with.  This toroidal tranny is huge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 11:47 #213962 by randypetersen
Man I tried reaching out to PRECIX before I started this project and got zero response. I figured they moved on... Glad they are getting info to you. I wanted to talk with them about several things. For one, switching to rack and pinion, but honestly the belt system is working pretty decent.
I thought about ordering replacement belts to have on hand in case of any issues. This company:
shop.polybelt.com/25AT5-Open-End-Timing-...Cords-B25AT5-MPS.htm
Seem to carry the right belt.

Ya, that's a big chunk of transformer there. I read on a forum where the capacitors often go bad after a while, and was going to replace them. Never did though.

More
07 Jul 2021 13:23 #213969 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Retrofit of Precix 5x10 CNC

Man I tried reaching out to PRECIX before I started this project and got zero response. I figured they moved on... Glad they are getting info to you. I wanted to talk with them about several things. For one, switching to rack and pinion, but honestly the belt system is working pretty decent.
I thought about ordering replacement belts to have on hand in case of any issues. This company:
shop.polybelt.com/25AT5-Open-End-Timing-...Cords-B25AT5-MPS.htm
Seem to carry the right belt.

Ya, that's a big chunk of transformer there. I read on a forum where the capacitors often go bad after a while, and was going to replace them. Never did though.

I am speaking with them. They want to replace the old controls with LinuxCNC using mesa 7i77. I am discussing with them on this. But what has happened is the PRECIX controller was running QNX connecting to the control board and the guy at Precix that knew all this stuff passed away sadly. So they are looking to update the old controls when they come back defective to LinuxCNC. 

More
15 Oct 2021 20:21 - 15 Oct 2021 20:22 #223224 by CNCMELILLA
Buenas tengo una CNC precix soy de España la maquina me da unas palpitaciones en todos los ejes X Y Z tanto al moverla como al cortar ,no puedo solucionarlo y no encuentro ningún técnico que la entienda este tipo de CNC ,serian tan amables de decirme donde puedo encontrar uno ,gracias
Last edit: 15 Oct 2021 20:22 by CNCMELILLA.

More
15 Oct 2021 21:15 #223232 by CNCMELILLA
Buenas tengo una CNC PRECIX y cuando muevo el carro en X - Y - Z los tres ejes todos los movimientos dan unos pequeños saltos y hace unos pequeñas palpitaciones no muy agradables el problema es de configuración del ordenador de la CNC que mueve la fresadora yo creo q es por la regulación de paso a paso
ya que instalo un disco duro clonado que tengo que me da (otro fallo anterior) y que tampoco se reparar, pero cuando la muevo para los lados va perfectamente pero vuelvo a poner el disco anterior con el que puedo trabajar y vuelve a dar las palpitaciones que no es nada agradable escuchar la máquina trabajando a sí ,
disponen de algún técnico que pueda repararla por remoto?

More
15 Oct 2021 21:22 #223233 by randypetersen
Are you using LinuxCNC or just the configuration how it came?

I converted mine to linuxCNC with a board from MESA - the 7i77. Other than that it's all original. Hopefully someone smarter can help with your problem.

If you plan on keeping the machine, I'd upgrade it to a modern controller.

More
15 Oct 2021 21:27 #223234 by CNCMELILLA
M encantaría actualizarla pero vivo en el norte de áfrica y aquí todo es un problema ,pero para uso que le doy me va muy bien ,solo tengo el problema que yo creo q es de la regulación de los motores paso a paso que e tenido que tocar y la e liado y no entiendo donde puedo tocar en el software para solucionarlo

More
15 Oct 2021 21:43 #223237 by randypetersen
I never looked at the software that came with it, I immediately upgraded.

Wonder if these guys could help you out?
www.precixpartswarehouse.com/parts-service
Have you tried to contact PRECIX directly? I didn't have any luck, but other have been able to contact them.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some help.

Might want to post on:
cnczone.com
as well.
there are some facebook CNC type groups too, that could be helpful.

Maybe you can find some people who are familiar with the software that comes with it, or the problems you are having. Making jumps and palpitations, makes me think it might be tuning, but I have no idea. Could it be the power supply? Does everything move around freely and smoothly when not powered up?

Maybe you could post some videos of the behavior and someone might recognize the issue?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CNCMELILLA

More
15 Oct 2021 22:03 #223242 by tommylight
Deleted redundant posts.

More
16 Oct 2021 08:14 #223285 by CNCMELILLA
Muchísimas gracias.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds