Light Machine Corp. Benchman XTr (retrofit)

More
27 May 2020 21:09 #169155 by 05mikado
Hi All

I am new Here
If you connect the 100 pin connector on the nextmove card reverse do you know if that will damage the card.
When we reinstall the machine after it was store we got several issue and we have to redo the pc and now the nextmove card not want to initialize. i saw the connector was reverse maybe we domage the nextmove card.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2020 20:03 #172498 by x-Intelitek Engineer
If I recall correctly, it is VERY difficult to get the cable to engage if it is reversed. If you do get it to engage, you most likely have mechanically damaged the connectors. The ISA version of the Nextmove card would not be damaged electrically by reversing the connections. I will have to do some digging to see if the same is correct for the PCI version of the Nextmove card.

More
23 Jun 2020 21:59 #172508 by 05mikado
Thanks I have ISA card
Connector is ok i probe the pin and they are good.

More
08 Jul 2020 00:37 #173942 by SOSMachining
Hey X,

I'm working with a 2003 Windows XP based machine now and am struggling to figure out how to wire in a probe. It looks like I've got the correct software with the functionality to use the tool height sensor but I can't see to get it to work. When I go into the "Tool Height Sensor" dialog box in the Setup menu it looks like the probe is showing as closed so I'm unable to jog the table and teach the machine where my probe it.

In checking the plug at the front part of the machine it looks like there's two wires headed back to the control panel in the reach of the machine and then two wires that look like they're intended to jumper something together in the probe. I don't have a Rennishaw probe or the correct fischer plug fitting yet because I was wanted to make sure that things worked correctly before I moved to something as pricey as a Rennishaw. In checking voltage between the two wires that go to the rear of the machine I get about 4 volts but shorting the two pins together triggers nothing in the dialog box or the machine panel.

Any help would be great from anyone that's figured out how to use the tool height sensor.

Thanks!

Ryan

More
08 Jul 2020 12:34 #173972 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Here is the schematic for the probe interface. When you short the black and white wires, you are connecting J15-35 to J15-36. This should transition the output of U12-B from +24V to GND.

First check that U12-4 changes from open to +24V when you short the black and white wires.
If it does, then check the output.

Those ILQ5 Optoisolators always were touchy and sensitive.
Attachments:

More
08 Jul 2020 15:11 #173986 by 05mikado
Hi all
I finally Able to configure my next move card the problem was the PC
Got new one with isa slot and now working fine

Now my issue is the ATC not able to connect with the serial port.
Do I have to change the communication speed and other parameters in the Windows nt setting?
What they are?

Thanks,

More
08 Jul 2020 15:35 #173989 by x-Intelitek Engineer
There is an entry in one of the .ini files that defines which com port the toolchanger is using. I believe that is where the com port is also set up.

I do not recall the specifics.

Perhaps a direct inquiry to intelitek would address and solve this.

More
08 Jul 2020 17:00 #173995 by 05mikado
Thank
Found the Issue i have to deactivate the plug and play service.

More
09 Jul 2020 00:17 #174043 by SOSMachining
Ok. I've done some digging with my multimeter and how found a couple things.

It appears that the incoming voltage at the white wire is not nearly 24v. I register ~5mv on my meter. I've got 24v on board when I use the test pins so I know the voltage is there, it just appears to be very low at the plug at the front of the machine.

When I short the J15-35 and J15-36 I get the ~3.5mv on U12-4 so it seems like my probe connections are solid, I just don't have enough voltage coming into the optoisolator to make any magic happen.

Would you have any idea why the voltage would be so low at J15-35 pin? Could it be that my J15 plug is terminated incorrectly? Would you happen to have a pinout of where the J15 pins? It looks like its a 40 pin connector.

Appreciate the help!

Ryan
Attachments:

More
09 Jul 2020 16:01 #174102 by 05mikado
Hi
I have an issue with my ATC the distance between the spindle and the plate tool changer is too high and does not pick up the tool properly.
I figure I could adjust that in the XT setup but I do not have definition of the parameter anyone has definition for those 3 parameters.
Z
DZ
Zremove
see images attach
Attachments:

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds