Ohmic3 hal file errors

More
31 Mar 2021 15:05 #204229 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors
see attached is my plasmac backup file.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2021 15:24 - 31 Mar 2021 15:41 #204232 by bevins
I am using a Hyperterm 105

I also should say if I use the float switch as probe, it goes down hit the switch, goes up and starts cutting as per the program. So inputs are ok. getting arc and cutting drawings with no THC or ohmic.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 15:41 by bevins.

More
31 Mar 2021 17:01 #204240 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors
You have not connected "ohmicsense.ohmic-on" to anything.

Adding this to your ohmic3_cfg.hal file should do the trick:
net plasmac:ohmic-probe ohmicsense.ohmic-on => db_ohmic.in

I had to debounce the output from the ohmic3 comp file to get it to work reliably, so this does that for you. I'm sure someone will chime in that it's not necessary, but I found it to be. 5mS works fine, it will add a little "pressure" to the sense. That said, I can detect aluminum foil without deforming it.

If you don't want it debounced, change db_ohmic.delay to 0 in the tn1_connections.hal file. I recommend HalScoping the output and figuring out what's necessary for your setup.

For the THC, your tn1_config.cfg file shows that you've not set the arc-voltage-offset. So I imagine your Arc Voltage is not displaying correctly, if at all. The PlasmaC manual tells you how to set that. Further, you can verify it by hooking up a known DC power source (say a 9 volt) to it and verifying it actually reads 9 volts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
31 Mar 2021 17:37 #204245 by bevins

I had to debounce the output from the ohmic3 comp file to get it to work reliably, so this does that for you. I'm sure someone will chime in that it's not necessary, but I found it to be. 5mS works fine, it will add a little "pressure" to the sense. That said, I can detect aluminum foil without deforming it.

If you don't want it debounced, change db_ohmic.delay to 0 in the tn1_connections.hal file. I recommend HalScoping the output and figuring out what's necessary for your setup.

For the THC, your tn1_config.cfg file shows that you've not set the arc-voltage-offset. So I imagine your Arc Voltage is not displaying correctly, if at all. The PlasmaC manual tells you how to set that. Further, you can verify it by hooking up a known DC power source (say a 9 volt) to it and verifying it actually reads 9 volts.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. I had offset in the config but it showed -30 volts in the gui so I removed it. and it shows 0.
I'll stick 9vdc on it and see if it shows up on screen

More
31 Mar 2021 17:46 #204248 by bevins

OK so I set that line in the ohmic3_cfg.hal file and still does nothing. Pressing the Ohmic test should start the torch going down?

More
31 Mar 2021 18:57 - 31 Mar 2021 18:57 #204261 by snowgoer540

OK so I set that line in the ohmic3_cfg.hal file and still does nothing. Pressing the Ohmic test should start the torch going down?

No, ohmic test turns on the ohmic circuit, so you can test for a shorted tip (by looking at the ohmic LED) which sometimes happens from dross, or water from a water table.

You want to click Probe Test. If ohmic is working you’ll see the ohmic LED light up.

As for the THC, use the calculator link in the docs. Sounds like you don’t have something quite right. With the correct numbers it should be ~0v
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 18:57 by snowgoer540.

More
31 Mar 2021 19:01 #204263 by bevins

No, ohmic test turns on the ohmic circuit, so you can test for a shorted tip (by looking at the ohmic LED) which sometimes happens from dross, or water from a water table.

You want to click Probe Test. If ohmic is working you’ll see the ohmic LED light up.

As for the THC, use the calculator link in the docs. Sounds like you don’t have something quite right. With the correct numbers it should be ~0v

I am just trying to get ohmic working now. After I will tackle thc.
Roger on the ohmic test button.

I don't see where my signal in from thcad is the hm2_7i92.0.encoder.00.velocity. I cant find that int he config and this is where the ohmic signal first hits linuxcnc.

I tried this: net plasmac:ohmic-probe hm2_7i92.0.encoder.01.velocity => db_ohmic.in in connections.hal and it didnt like it cause it needed a different input type.
But there is nothing with encoder.01.velocity, so I would thinkl that is where an issue lies.

More
31 Mar 2021 19:11 #204268 by bevins
It is in my Ohmic3_config.hal
net ohmic-vel ohmicsense.velocity-in <= hm2_7i92.0.encoder.01.velocity

So that's not the issue.

More
31 Mar 2021 19:12 - 31 Mar 2021 19:13 #204269 by snowgoer540
I thought I saw it in your ohmic3 Hal file?

And no, dbounce wouldn’t like velocity, it requires a bit input (on or off). Velocity is a float.

Have you tried clicking probe test yet?
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 19:13 by snowgoer540.

More
31 Mar 2021 19:21 - 31 Mar 2021 19:24 #204272 by bevins

I thought I saw it in your ohmic3 Hal file?

And no, dbounce wouldn’t like velocity, it requires a bit input (on or off). Velocity is a float.

Have you tried clicking probe test yet?

Yes, it goes down and hits the float switch and the ohmic probe led dont turn on in the gui, counts down from 24 then moves up.

I found the encoder connection. It is in my files.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 19:24 by bevins.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds