Ohmic3 hal file errors

More
06 Apr 2021 15:04 - 06 Apr 2021 15:19 #205125 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors

Tommy was specifically referring to QtPlasmaC.

Development for PlasmaC on the Axis gui has stopped at v.191, so you are on the lastest plasmac. If you are referring to getting QtPlasmaC, you can follow the directions in the docs here: linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html

QtPlasmaC is the only supported GUI moving forward. (this was mentioned to you here: forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...city-question#201657)

This thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/37233-plasmac-updates#143119 which is stickied in the plasmac section also tells you the status of all of that.

This thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/41883-qtplasmac-release#202319 announced the release of QtPlasmaC and the fact that PlasmaC on Axis or Gmoccapy would not be supported moving forward.

So we are not supporting PlasmaC? I have an issue where it is waiting for more than 15 seconds after probing.

One thing to note. Just because you know most of what is going on, and have spent many many hours if not hundreds of hours on this project, It is very much appreciated but to have the attitude that someone else that has no hours on the project expect to know eveything about it and where everything is in terms of docs and updates is not right. I dont deem to be the brightest cookie, nor do I have time or think I am a programmer because I am not but I have done over 30 retrofits with linuxcnc, I usually struggle sometimes, but I normally get through it. So to respond to your statement I was informed, I was informed to not use QTplasmac if it was for a customer if I didnt need it. I am stuck now, not knowing how it actually works with a customers plasma that doesn't work. I get it, not your problem, and I should not have gone the Lcnc route with experimental projects, I know that now, but I am stuck now and have to deal with it.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2021 15:19 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 16:05 #205139 by bevins
I upgraded to QTplasmac. I get to the gui so I will test in a bit.......

More
06 Apr 2021 16:22 #205141 by bevins
WOW.... QTplasmac gui is nice.

More
06 Apr 2021 17:59 #205156 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors

Welcome to the dark/yellow side ! :)

More
06 Apr 2021 21:51 #205193 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors

Bevins, this is the right way forward. A lot of us know that you've done some amazing things with routers and linuxcnc and have been very helpful to me and many others for years. So we want you to succeed! Its so frustrating sometimes not being able to visit people and help them out of a rut.

When the advice to stay with Plasmac was written it would have been the right advice. But things have moved quickly. There was an aversion to use 2.9 by many while the Python 3 thing was worked out. I think thats behind us. I've always used master branch since 2.8 became master and have never really had any reliability issues. There are a huge number of enabling features that have been added to Linuxcnc since I started to improve plasma functionality.

I think you are finding like I did (put much more brutally) that Plasma is not really an entry level sport. Its hard, its still an experiment and there is still a lack of consensus on the forum here about the "right" way to do things. But on the flip side, the ohmic3 sensing is designed to achieve what is not generally possible in plasma and that is to provide reliable ohmic sensing on water tables.

So whether you like it or not, you are still on the bleeding edge..... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
07 Apr 2021 11:29 #205243 by bevins
WOW, Amazing work with the gui. It looks great. Wasn't sure at the beginning but it grows on you.

One thing is there a way to move the DRO to the top . Above the open dialog box, gcode box? Or is that hard coded?

More
07 Apr 2021 15:15 #205258 by bevins
OK getting somewhere I guess....

Getting valid readings from encoder/thcad. Showing 22 volts when torch touches plate.
not getting ohmic probe light. Been changing threshold to no avail.

Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2021 15:56 #205262 by bevins
ok so I upgraded to QTplasmac but because I guess the symlinks get overwritten, I had to reconnect ohmic:type with plasmac:motion-type

as shown in backup atttached but it is still not working. Something in hal connections I am pretty sure since the thcad, probe and voltage is working.
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2021 18:12 #205272 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Ohmic3 hal file errors
Can you try these settings?
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-threshold      21.5
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-low            18

If you were getting 22 volts max, then the 24 volt threshold was never crossed.
If that does not work, time to do a halscope plot of the ohmic voltage while probing.
The Threshold must be < max volts
ohmic-low must be < than the threshold

I thought I had my threshold around 22 volts but I was seeing 24 volts so you may have to lower them if you are seeing 22v max.

More
07 Apr 2021 18:19 - 07 Apr 2021 18:25 #205274 by bevins

Can you try these settings?
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-threshold      21.5
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-low            18

If you were getting 22 volts max, then the 24 volt threshold was never crossed.
If that does not work, time to do a halscope plot of the ohmic voltage while probing.
The Threshold must be < max volts
ohmic-low must be < than the threshold

I thought I had my threshold around 22 volts but I was seeing 24 volts so you may have to lower them if you are seeing 22v max.

I'll try that again. I thought I tried that before, but I'll try again.

If I hit cycle start on a program it starts cutting and I cycle stop, then no jogging works. Is this a known issue? This is the latest I installed yesterday. The only way I get it back is hit estop then turn back on
Last edit: 07 Apr 2021 18:25 by bevins.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds