Hypertherm powermax 85

More
17 Feb 2024 17:16 #293636 by Etkoehn
Replied by Etkoehn on topic Hypertherm powermax 85
Dumb question and I probably already know the answer. Temporary can I use 1/4 watt resistors for voltage divider?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2024 22:03 - 21 Feb 2024 22:04 #293931 by Etkoehn

Yes, 2 of 1MOhm resistors will do, mount them inside the plasma, then it should be OK to mount THCAD inside the cabinet.

What kind of voltage will I see coming out after I use these 1Mohm resistors with a 9v battery connected to it?

Last edit: 21 Feb 2024 22:04 by Etkoehn. Reason: more info

More
22 Feb 2024 03:32 #293949 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypertherm powermax 85
The formulas are in the thcad manual
Bypass the resistors for the 9 v battery test

More
24 Feb 2024 21:35 #294260 by Etkoehn
Thanks, that did help. I fumbled through that are tried to understand everything.... I don't think I understood very much of it. However I was able to figure some things out. One thing I did wrong (my picture diagram was wrong for my plasma) was I hooked my wires up for my arc voltage to the plug. There was three pins there one went to working clamp the positive and the other two.. I'm not sure where they went. I've now screwed onto the circuit board where both the clamp and torch are connected and it works A+. Right now I am using the the 1Mohm resistors and its close to a 21.1:1 ratio. I think optimum would be around 15: ratio. So after changing my setting for a 21.1:1 ratio it seems to be reading correctly.

Right now I am using some old cat 5 cable to from from my plasma to me control panel my questions to everyone here is. Is it better to have a shielded cable from my plasma to my control panel(Start, Arc OK, Arc Voltage)? Or is is it best to have non-shielded?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Feb 2024 00:02 #294292 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hypertherm powermax 85
I used shielded multicore cable.
I think Hypertherm do the same
21:1 divider sounds fine. (210v full scale)
15:1 (150v full scale) sounds a bit tight to me when cutting will be arounf 130 volts and above.

More
25 Feb 2024 03:53 #294330 by Etkoehn
OK, that is what I bought for it. I know hypertherm says not to use the shielded wire inside for the voltage divider, that is why I was asking about the outside.
You are probably right, I don't know what I am talking about. What I was basing this off of was Hypertherm saying the output ratings was 143v but I don't have experience to know what I need that's why i was thinking it was better to use 15:1
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds