Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
18 Nov 2012 04:08 #26727 by cmorley
I will work on the spindle buttons some more.
Every thing your saying is making sense so stay tuned... I think i'll get it :)

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2012 06:26 #26731 by cmorley
K I pushed spindle control change and default to homing buttons

Chris M

More
19 Nov 2012 03:32 #26773 by cmorley
I changed the metric button to beside the entry widget (top right) on the sample config sim/gscreen/gscreen_custom
I kinda like it - It you guys do too, I will move it there for the regular screen too (and remove it from the preference screen)

John weren't you building a plasma screen?

More
19 Nov 2012 03:49 #26774 by BigJohnT
Yea, but I got side tracked...

John

More
19 Nov 2012 03:51 #26775 by cncbasher
could you not leave the metric button and the preferences link .. then it would show the preferences by default
that's fine my me

More
19 Nov 2012 04:52 #26778 by cmorley
I'm not following that?

you want the preference screen button left there ( so this would be the default on start up ) and have the on screen button just change the DRO without changing the default start-up mode preferennce?

Is that what you mean ?
Totally doable

More
19 Nov 2012 06:15 #26783 by cncbasher
yes Chris , unless you can think of a better idea , lets try it and then see what we all make of it

More
20 Nov 2012 15:23 #26822 by cmorley
Done and pushed (gscreen_custom)

More
27 Nov 2012 04:56 - 27 Nov 2012 04:57 #26965 by cmorley
So if there is any GLADE tinkers out there..

Gscreen can support loading custom screens, in fact there are two samples in master.
One is just a few changes to Gscreen (eg 9 axis buttons) the other is AXIS-like called Gaxis.

Gaxis uses a lot of hal_actions to interact with linuxcnc so doesn't need much python code beyond what Gscreen sets up to display it.

Anyways I am not very artistic so if anyone comes up with a good screen design I would love to get a hold of it and make sure Gscreen is flexible enough to handle it. Even screens designed for a specific purpose / machine would be interesting.

There are a few tricks yet I need to work on like DRO readout widgets with clear backgrounds so they can be placed over image files...
I'm quite excited about the custom screen aspect of Gscreen - the full power of gladeVCP was not apparent to me until recently.

Chris M
Last edit: 27 Nov 2012 04:57 by cmorley.

More
27 Nov 2012 14:27 #26976 by awallin
I noticed GTK does not have a native chart-widget.
Has anyone played with any of the GTK chart-widgets available out there?
I was thinking of plotting following-error, spindle/axis-load, etc. over time in one tab.

I am guessing userspace (i.e. non-realtime) sampling and plotting of a HAL-signal value will be straightforward to do.
Can someone comment on real-time sampling? i.e. we would get a chart plot where we know we have the actual real-time data without hidden glitches or similar.
This would essentially allow embedding halscope like functionality into gscreen.

On mobile phones and tablets with touchscreens there is a lot of UI functionality based on swipe-gestures etc. Does GTK have support for these?
(Nokia based their MeeGo UI on Qt, and now later Jolla seems to continue that work, so at least Qt has good touchscreen support).

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds