Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
13 Nov 2012 05:21 #26510 by cmorley
I'm not sure how long ago you pulled..
I added a setting for spindle start rpm on the preference page. This is the rpm that the spindle will automatically start at when you first push the + button. ( of course you can directly enter an RPM using the set-rpm button and the entry widget)
It's not a minimum setting as you can use the - button to lower the RPM down to 100. This is an internal linuxcnc setting.
I could add a minimum preference and an increment preference ( keeping in mind this is just in manual mode)

I will push the mode button changes in a moment...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2012 05:26 #26512 by BigJohnT
I pulled a couple of hours ago... I'm using DISPLAY = gscreen

The entry widget is capped at 1000 :(

John

More
13 Nov 2012 05:27 #26513 by cmorley
oops what would 9999 RPM b enough?

More
13 Nov 2012 05:39 #26514 by BigJohnT
More than enough for me. Are you going to add a button in the spindle block to set the S speed? If so that's better than having to go all over the place to do something and drop the decimal for spindle speed. Having to double tap a button is not very reliable for me even with this expensive ELO screen.

:)

John

More
13 Nov 2012 05:40 #26515 by cmorley
Ok I pushed the mode button text and raised the entry widget to 10000 and the preference spinbox to 10000

More
13 Nov 2012 06:25 #26519 by BigJohnT
The mode button is much better as I don't have to look elsewhere to determine what mode I'm in. I look at the button, then press it, then get instant feedback on the new mode :)

What does the Spindle button do? I can't seem to figure out what it is doing...

John

More
13 Nov 2012 17:34 #26525 by cmorley
spindle button (in manual mode) allows you to select a direction and speed. using the fwd/rev buttons then the +- keys
After you pick a direction you can also directly enter the speed you want by entering it in the entry widget and pressing set-RPM

The vertical side buttons are fairly generic - by selecting an axis or spindle allows you to do specific things with the +- buttons for instance

In the other modes (MDI and Auto) I should de-sensitize the spindle button I guess.

Chris

More
13 Nov 2012 19:40 #26529 by JaysonWallis
Hi Chris,

the changes are looking good. I am frantically wiring things up so I can use this for real.

This is what the unmodified Gscreen displayed like

You can see the "G Codes Active" make a long line that pushes the right hand side of the screen out of view.

What I changed was the "width in characters" of that box. probably not the correct way of fixing it but it worked

Maybe I have something else set wrong if no one else is having these problems. I am using metric units if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the ongoing efforts.

Jayson.
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2012 20:44 #26531 by BigJohnT
If you set the width to -1 it will float with the screen size. That is one of the annoying things about Glade and Gtk.

John

More
13 Nov 2012 20:50 #26532 by BigJohnT

spindle button (in manual mode) allows you to select a direction and speed. using the fwd/rev buttons then the +- keys
After you pick a direction you can also directly enter the speed you want by entering it in the entry widget and pressing set-RPM

The vertical side buttons are fairly generic - by selecting an axis or spindle allows you to do specific things with the +- buttons for instance

In the other modes (MDI and Auto) I should de-sensitize the spindle button I guess.

Chris

So if you changed the spindle button to the rpm button you would not need the link to the +- keys... just thinking out loud. It is somewhat confusing when buttons are multi-function to me. I understand the need to conserve on real estate on a touch screen.

John

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds