Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
09 Jul 2013 04:04 #36427 by tjamscad

I am not sure what you mean by structure.

Some of the pins for touchy, Gscreen doesn't have equivalents for.
You can set the MPG to jog with (its done out side of Gscreen) Gscreen can enable it and set the increments for it.

Eg
gscreen.jog-enable-x-out
Will Be true when in manual,with jogging button true and X axis button is true.
it works the same as touchy.jog.wheel.x

gscreen.jog-increment-out
Same idea as touchy.jog.wheel.increments other then the increments are selectable in the INI (if your using a jog wheel make sure they make sense)

gscreen.abort same as Touchy.abort
gscreen.cycle_start same idea as touchy cycle_start

gscreen.feedhold is different from touchy.singlestep gscreen has a separate button for single stepping.
We might want to change this behaviour a bit.

I would comment out all the Touchy stuff out and try to get each of these things working first.

example start:

net mpgencodercounts ppmc.0.encoder.03.count ilowpass.0.in gscreen.wheel-counts
net ilowpasscounts ilowpass.0.out axis.0.jog-counts axis.1.jog-counts axis.2.jog-counts
#
net gscreenjogincrements gscreen.jog.wheel.increment scale.0.in
net scaledincrements scale.0.out axis.0.jog-scale axis.1.jog-scale axis.2.jog-scale
#
net X-jog-enable gscreen.jog.wheel.x axis.0.jog-enable
net Y-jog-enable gscreen.jog.wheel.y axis.1.jog-enable
net Z-jog-enable gscreen.jog.wheel.z axis.2.jog-enable
#

gscreen doesn't have wheel_counts just remove it.
change gscreen.jog.wheel.increment to gscreen.jog-increment-out
and change the INI file's increments to small values.
change gscreen.jog.wheel.N to gscreen.jog-enable-N-out (N being x,y,and z)

Commet everything else out and test. The jogging should work.

Chris M

Thanks, Chris

You can set the MPG to jog with (its done out side of Gscreen) Gscreen can enable it and set the increments for it." Does that mean it is in another file?

"Some of the pins for touchy, Gscreen doesn't have equivalents for." Do I not need equilenvents for these of do I need to find another way around?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2013 04:38 #36431 by cmorley
MPG jogging is done out side all the screens (axis,touchy,gscreen) - sorry if this miss led you. only the enable is controlled from the screens.
In Touchy's case it also uses the encoder counts to adjust the override settings directly - I think
Gscreen currently doesn't do this directly like Touchy.(it uses buttons) but you can do it by hooking the encoder counter into HALUI pins.
Gscreen does have override enable pins to help with this.

Since Gscreen doesn't have a single_block HAL pin- if you want that I will have to add code for it.
I get the idea Touchy actually combines the two feature of feedhold and single_block.
I think you check single block and it actually feedholds then if you push cycle start it actually single blocks.

The multiple way cycle start works (MDI command, auto and single_block) may need some work. for sure it doesn't do single block yet.

Chris M

More
09 Jul 2013 07:00 #36435 by LAIR82
Hello Guys,

Is there anyway that when using "Industrial" to not need the passcode to enter the system tab. Not a big deal, just wondering, I have our machines hooked to our network, and the operator has to go to the desktop and enter our server to retrieve his program and move a copy to the nc files folder, so they are back and forth between the desktop and linux frequently.

I can set a standard passcode for all machines if not easily done.

Thanks

Rick

More
09 Jul 2013 08:33 #36437 by cmorley
yes. (untested)

look in your config file for the industrial_handler.py file for a function called:

def on_system_button_clicked(self,widget):

erase everything but these lines:

self.widgets.notebook_main.set_current_page(4)
self.toggle_modes(widget)
self.widgets.system_button.set_label(" System\n ")

restart linuxcnc - should be no password required - I guess i should make this an option in preference page.
What is in the system tab that they need access to all the time? shutdown button?

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: LAIR82

More
09 Jul 2013 08:42 #36438 by LAIR82
They click gscreen fullscreen to access the desktop, and then enter our server, find their program copy to desktop and then place in the nc files folder, then go back and maximize gscreen, load their program and off they go.

I will give it a shot tomorrow

Thanks Chris,

Rick

More
09 Jul 2013 19:22 #36443 by LAIR82
That worked perfect !!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris

Rick

More
12 Jul 2013 01:28 #36578 by tjamscad
Chris,

In what condition do the "cooridnate system" and "tool set" become active in the Indrustrial skin?

More
12 Jul 2013 08:43 #36583 by cmorley
you need to be homed for both buttons to work.

coordinate system is available in the setup page - Its really just a convenience button.
select it and press the up or down buttons to select one of the nine user systems. the current system is displayed in the upper right.

You must select an axis before the 'tool set' button.

More
12 Jul 2013 19:43 #36594 by tjamscad

you need to be homed for both buttons to work.

coordinate system is available in the setup page - Its really just a convenience button.
select it and press the up or down buttons to select one of the nine user systems. the current system is displayed in the upper right.

You must select an axis before the 'tool set' button.

So then the "tool set" is a probe tool setter?

More
12 Jul 2013 19:50 #36595 by LAIR82
Tool Set is used for touching tools off on your workpiece,

For instance when you touch off in the X and press Tool Set, a box pops up and you enter the appropriate value, then when you press enter, it applys that value to your tool table.

Rick

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds