Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
16 Jul 2013 01:20 #36678 by cmorley

Can you post the INI file.
I bet you didn't add the jog increment entry to the INI (TOUCY doesn't use it)

As for jogging - did you remember to click the on screen button 'jog' to enable jogging?

Chris M

You are correct once again. No "INCREMENTS" in the ini file.

This should be why on screen jogging didn't work too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2013 01:27 #36679 by cmorley

I pushed the increments fix, changed to the new layout of offsetpage widget and move the onboard keyboard to the center tab.

Chris M

What is changing about the offset page? I was also asked what the 5x on the offset page is for?

Mostly the layout. Axes are across the top. systems are the rows. (opposite of before but consistent with other tables).
You can now edit the systems directly rather then just G5x (the current system). The current system is in red.
Also hiding rows or columns actually works properly.
And finally there is a column editable for description. Eg if you of the systems is for the second vice you can name it 'Vice 2' as a reminder.

Chris M

More
16 Jul 2013 01:47 - 18 Jul 2013 04:32 #36680 by tjamscad
Chris,

With the onscreen keyboard can it come in below the MDI command box? With it being above my hand covers the line i am typing.

I also dont get the keyboard on the tool edit or offset pages.

Could you also make it so the keyboard button is selectable. It doesnt change i cant tell when the keyboard is shown or not shown. The button doesnt change it only works as a highlight.

The spare button on the side panel can you make that a calulator?

When running a program it would be nice if program edit was avaible when feed hold is selected.

When feed hold is selected cycle start should also be an option to start the cycle back. It was not clear how to start a program feed hold was selected.

Can you add a seperator bar or something on the tool edit page between the diameter and comments section?

When pressing enter on the run at line dialog I think the dialog box should go away.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 04:32 by tjamscad.

More
18 Jul 2013 03:37 - 18 Jul 2013 04:16 #36750 by tjamscad
Is this a LinuxCNC message or program alarm?
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 04:16 by tjamscad.

More
18 Jul 2013 04:06 - 18 Jul 2013 04:31 #36751 by tjamscad
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 04:31 by tjamscad.

More
18 Jul 2013 04:09 #36752 by tjamscad
This is why the operators dont like the picture show (gremlen). This is just a small 3 axis part and it already looks like spegitti.
Attachments:

More
18 Jul 2013 14:36 #36757 by cmorley

Chris,

With the onscreen keyboard can it come in below the MDI command box? With it being above my hand covers the line i am typing.

I also dont get the keyboard on the tool edit or offset pages.

Could you also make it so the keyboard button is selectable. It doesnt change i cant tell when the keyboard is shown or not shown. The button doesnt change it only works as a highlight.

The spare button on the side panel can you make that a calulator?

When running a program it would be nice if program edit was avaible when feed hold is selected.

When feed hold is selected cycle start should also be an option to start the cycle back. It was not clear how to start a program feed hold was selected.

Can you add a seperator bar or something on the tool edit page between the diameter and comments section?

When pressing enter on the run at line dialog I think the dialog box should go away.

Getting the keyboard to show for the offsetsage ad tooledit page is quite a bit of work so will take a while. - I bet that's why i had moved the keyboard to the side for a while.

Having the keyboard button show status is possible. It;s also possible to get it out of sync with the keyboard. that's why it is the way it is. Something to work on later.

I can add a calculator yes.

If you edit a program, you must reload it into linuxcnc to use the edits. (that's linuxcnc not Gscreen choice)
If you reload it it, it cancels feedhold and will restart at the beginning again.
So editing while in feed hold is not useful as linuxcnc is now.

Starting a feed hold held program:
So pressing feedhold -> stop the feed, cycle start -> start it again

Also I think single step needs some work.
I'm thinking pressing single step on a running program should feedhold at the end of that line, then pressing cycle start feeds each next line.
un-pressing single step should immediately begin to move ? or should it put it in feed hold so you have to press cycle start again ?

The separator in tool editor is programmically there - must be a bug it doesn't show. - I'll see what i can do.

Pressing enter doesn't close the dialog because that is a feature.
When I press cycle start I want to know what line it will start on.
Normally this is the beginning on a program that isn't running.
With the dialog showing, I have a visual clue that it is going to start somewhere else.
Even if the operator gets pulled from the machine and comes back later or someone else has to continue it - they will know where it will start from.

Chris M

More
18 Jul 2013 14:40 - 18 Jul 2013 14:41 #36758 by cmorley
The pics are linuxcnc showing program errors.

Chris M
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 14:41 by cmorley.

More
18 Jul 2013 14:57 #36759 by cmorley

This is why the operators dont like the picture show (gremlen). This is just a small 3 axis part and it already looks like spegitti.

It's possible to turn off different plot options, such as rapid moves etc - might make it easier to see.

probably could get it down to feed moves and current tool position .

Chris M

More
18 Jul 2013 19:31 #36769 by tjamscad

Also I think single step needs some work.
I'm thinking pressing single step on a running program should feedhold at the end of that line, then pressing cycle start feeds each next line.
un-pressing single step should immediately begin to move ? or should it put it in feed hold so you have to press cycle start again ?

The separator in tool editor is programmically there - must be a bug it doesn't show. - I'll see what i can do.

Pressing enter doesn't close the dialog because that is a feature.
When I press cycle start I want to know what line it will start on.
Normally this is the beginning on a program that isn't running.
With the dialog showing, I have a visual clue that it is going to start somewhere else.
Even if the operator gets pulled from the machine and comes back later or someone else has to continue it - they will know where it will start from.

Chris M

Single block should leave feed hold on until you press cycle start

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds