Screen shots of gui designs

More
16 Oct 2018 06:11 #118864 by rudydp
Replied by rudydp on topic Screen shots of gui designs
It is re-assuring that you are still keen about this new development on GUI's for Linuxcnc. I fully endorse the approach to keep it focused and concentrate the effort. I will focus on the foundation you have created and try to contribute by by testing and communicating my experiences with it.

RdP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2018 08:57 #118871 by andypugh

I'm not really that good at building screens but I wish to make it easier for others that are good at it, to. I'd also prefer that we work towards a common infrastructure for screens rather then 5 close but not compatible ones. In linux we tend to splinter precious developer time by creating multiple ways to do things when a couple would be more efficient

This reminds me of a suggestion fro Gene on the mailing list (one I dismissed at first).
I wonder how hard it would be to parse Glade and PyVCP XML into the QTDesigner format?

More
16 Oct 2018 19:18 #118897 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Screen shots of gui designs
I think PyVCP would be relatively easy - as it's so simple. But there is less reason to as AXIS/PyVCP toolkits are the same so there is little in maintenance work.
I suppose if a user wanted to switch to the more rich toolkit of qtvcp it would be nice to import the basic layout.

Gladevcp would be quite difficult. There are many more widgets and the concepts of space utilization is quite different. I find GTK's easier (but I am also more familiar with it) I think it would be a project in it's self. if fact IIRC qt version 1 or so had a utility to import GLADE and convert - guess they gave up on it.

Chris M

More
16 Oct 2018 20:15 #118899 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic Screen shots of gui designs
Here's my first attempt at a custom GUI. It's made strictly for my 3 axis DIY router. The layout is based on another project currently in development and under the hood, it's gmoccapy and gscreen. Not ready yet to tackle qt.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
16 Oct 2018 20:25 #118900 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Screen shots of gui designs
persei8: That is very nice looking indeed. Excellent work!

More
16 Oct 2018 21:28 #118906 by cmorley
Persel8... good work!

Chris M

More
17 Oct 2018 05:20 #118925 by tommylight

persei8: That is very nice looking indeed. Excellent work!

+1

More
17 Oct 2018 05:57 #118926 by cmorley

Here's my first attempt at a custom GUI. It's made strictly for my 3 axis DIY router. The layout is based on another project currently in development and under the hood, it's gmoccapy and gscreen. Not ready yet to tackle qt.

When you say Gmoccapy/Gscreen based do you mean it's uses Gscreen to load it as a skin or is it built as a stand alone screen?

Chris M

More
17 Oct 2018 08:02 #118930 by racedirector

Now thats nice! Been wanting to do something like that for my own router, based as well on Screen and/or Gmoccapy. Now I will have to give it go :)

More
17 Oct 2018 09:15 #118934 by rudydp
Replied by rudydp on topic Screen shots of gui designs
Chris, I have looked at the effect of activating the OFFSETS button in the qtdefault sim example. It shows first a general offsets table with buttons OK and zeroX, to zeroZ. The zero buttons do not seem to have any effect. The OK button opens another table which is the tool table, but I also cant see any effect of the zero buttons. The OK button close the table.

Is this still work in progress. What is the planned function of the zero buttons in these dialogs?

RdP

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds