Lathe Macros

More
16 Dec 2014 21:38 #54063 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Lathe Macros
I have it under the sim directory of the 2.7.0. I am not sure if I put it there myself but I dont think so.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2014 21:54 #54065 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros
I have put an updated file in the first post.

The difference is a more logical sequence of events on toolchange and that there is now a button to load a tool.
(Also, this is my current working version of each file).
I have remembered that the ability to do in-box unit conversions isn't part of this config, it is something I did to _all_ HAL widgets in the widget handler:
thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.devel/13550

More
17 Dec 2014 11:47 #54081 by drogge
Replied by drogge on topic Lathe Macros
Thanks again andy. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Drew

More
17 Dec 2014 16:34 #54089 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Lathe Macros

I have it under the sim directory of the 2.7.0. I am not sure if I put it there myself but I dont think so.

Ok it looks like I put it there myself but I see no reason why it cannot be placed in the distro. How do I go about voting to get it in the sim directory officially?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
18 Dec 2014 14:43 #54114 by drogge
Hi andy,

It looks like there's a bug in all the .ngc files where variable #2 is used in the "G96 D1500 S#2 ; Constant Surface Speed" lines before it's set. The fix I tried was to move the setting of the #1 thru #8 vars to the beginning of the subroutines. That seems to work.

Drew

More
18 Dec 2014 19:24 #54119 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros

It looks like there's a bug in all the .ngc files where variable #2 is used in the "G96 D1500 S#2 ; Constant Surface Speed" lines before it's set. The fix I tried was to move the setting of the #1 thru #8 vars to the beginning of the subroutines. That seems to work.

One change I made was to move them all to after the "setup" codes. This was to prevent tool crashes when the positions are read in before the tool offset was applied.

It looks like I need to have a more careful think about this.

I also may decide to send the numbers from the GUI to the subroutines as parameters, so that the NGC code does not have to use the "experimental" ability to read HAL pins directly.

More
19 Dec 2014 05:12 #54149 by drogge

It looks like I need to have a more careful think about this.

I also may decide to send the numbers from the GUI to the subroutines as parameters, so that the NGC code does not have to use the "experimental" ability to read HAL pins directly.

Since only the variables 1 thru 8 have been moved above the setup code then the position code shouldn't be affected. It's not much different than passing things in as parameters.

More
22 Dec 2014 08:02 #54199 by kjacobs
Replied by kjacobs on topic Lathe Macros

For me, the zip file comes up with an empty "lathemacro.hal" file which is the POSTGUI_HALFILE according to the .ini file, and from what I know that file should contain the _hal[gladevcp.turn.z-f] ... definitions? linuxcnc complains.
Karl

More
22 Dec 2014 08:10 #54200 by drogge

For me, the zip file comes up with an empty "lathemacro.hal" file which is the POSTGUI_HALFILE according to the .ini file, and from what I know that file should contain the _hal[gladevcp.turn.z-f] ... definitions? linuxcnc complains.
Karl

Mine is zero length too but it doesn't seem to matter. The problem you're having may be that your linuxcnc is too old. I thing the _hal stuff showed up in 2.6. I'm running 2.6.5.

Drew

More
22 Dec 2014 14:53 #54207 by kjacobs
Replied by kjacobs on topic Lathe Macros

Mine is zero length too but it doesn't seem to matter. The problem you're having may be that your linuxcnc is too old. I thing the _hal stuff showed up in 2.6. I'm running 2.6.5.

Drew

I am running 2.7.0~pre on the machinekit branch, The problem may be in that branch, then. The gladevcp panel and everything else comes up fine.
Karl

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds