hal-core

More
01 Nov 2021 21:12 #224917 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic hal-core
Hi Dave,

You can try to do a new hal-core install. Eventually rename your existing hal-core dir to save current data.

github.com/grotius-cnc/hal-core/tree/mai...mponents/opencascade

For his example, you can edit the hal file to your robot datasheet. hal file example
Then in the ./runtest you can see how your stepfiles are loaded. runtest example
You can add your fanuc stepfile's in the same context as the other 2 robot examples.

Then in the video's you can see how to move the robot by halcommands. Most of time you would set
a hal_kinematic pin to move the robot in a certain position. When hal_kinematic pins are connected to a motion controller,
the robot will follow the path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2021 21:15 #224918 by Grotius
rename topic test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Nov 2021 22:39 #224927 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic hal-core

rename topic test.

To what would you like to rename it?
It has to be moderated to change the title in all existing posts.

More
01 Nov 2021 22:56 #224929 by Dave3891
Replied by Dave3891 on topic hal-core
Thanks Grotius, I will give it a try tomorrow.
Does the opencascade hal module also do the robot kinematics or just the simulation?
Can I connect the opencascade output to the hostmot2 stepgens? Or is there something needed in between?

Hi Dave,

You can try to do a new hal-core install. Eventually rename your existing hal-core dir to save current data.

github.com/grotius-cnc/hal-core/tree/mai...mponents/opencascade

For his example, you can edit the hal file to your robot datasheet. hal file example
Then in the ./runtest you can see how your stepfiles are loaded.
runtest example
You can add your fanuc stepfile's in the same context as the other 2 robot examples.

Then in the
video's you can see how to move the robot by halcommands. Most of time you would set
a hal_kinematic pin to move the robot in a certain position. When hal_kinematic pins are connected to a motion controller,
the robot will follow the path.

More
01 Nov 2021 23:02 #224931 by Dave3891
Here is the spec sheet for my fanuc robot if you wanted to take a look.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2021 03:29 #224946 by Grotius
Hi Tom,

If you could rename it to "hal-core" would be nice. Thank you!

Hi Dave,

Does the opencascade hal module also do the robot kinematics or just the simulation?
They are seperated. Connected to each other by hal commands. "./runtest" files give a example how they are connected.

1. user input values to kinematics.
2. kinematics result to opencascade inputs.

Can I connect the opencascade output to the hostmot2 stepgens? Or is there something needed in between?
As long as it is a "hal out pin" you can connect it to a stepgen. The hostmot2 is available. I never used it, but you can connect it.

If you take this example : github.com/grotius-cnc/hal-core/tree/mai...omponents/trajectory
Do the  ./runtest and have a look. Jogging works, also loading a gcode works with motion planner.
To preview the gcode, you have to load the gcode file a second time in the opencascade app, sorry for that.

Your connection to the hostmot2 stepgen would be something like :

net signalname_j0 hal_kinematic.pin_j0 hostmot2.etc..
net signalname_j1 hal_kinematic.pin_j1 hostmot2.etc..
net signalname_j2 hal_kinematic.pin_j2 hostmot2.etc..

I just compiled the hal-core from source and above example worked right away. So now everyone can try it within minutes.

More
02 Nov 2021 03:36 - 02 Nov 2021 04:38 #224947 by Grotius
When you did the new install, in your desktop menu there is a new program, "halview" this can show your hal configuration.
Another way to preview hal pin names is to : $ /opt/hal-core/bin/./halcmd show

Also the program cam is in your menu entry. This can make a nice gcode from a dxf drawing.

When you have your robot files configured okey, i can add them to the repository with the datasheet. It would be nice
to colorize the stepfiles a bit. It takes some time but it's worth it.

Your robot stepfile's and datasheet are uploaded over here !
File Attachment:

A runtest for the fanuc was not working after my first attempt. I have to stop for today.

I see the stepfile positions differs from the kuka example. It seems the fanuc have to be rotated 180 degrees?
Can you compare the kuka stepfile positions with your fanuc stepfile positions. I think when this is done, we are a step further.

For the datasheet, some joint min and max value's are not defined. I guessed them for now.

Oke. good luck !~!

Last edit: 02 Nov 2021 04:38 by Grotius.

More
02 Nov 2021 10:15 #224970 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic hal-core
Done.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
02 Nov 2021 16:06 #225004 by Grotius
Hi Dave,

Your model is working.

The github is updated with your config.
See this info how to export joints with freecad.

One thing to do for you is to fine tune the joint positions in the drawing. And to edit the halfile and update tool lenght position.

More
02 Nov 2021 17:39 #225021 by Dave3891
Thanks Grotius!
That looks awesome, I am setting up a fresh debian 11 VM to test out the install from scratch right now.

Again, thank you for all the help

When you did the new install, in your desktop menu there is a new program, "halview" this can show your hal configuration.
Another way to preview hal pin names is to : $ /opt/hal-core/bin/./halcmd show

Also the program cam is in your menu entry. This can make a nice gcode from a dxf drawing.

When you have your robot files configured okey, i can add them to the repository with the datasheet. It would be nice
to colorize the stepfiles a bit. It takes some time but it's worth it.

Your robot stepfile's and datasheet are uploaded over here !
File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds