Work with probe

More
26 Jan 2018 00:03 #105023 by sarcokiller
Replied by sarcokiller on topic Work with probe
Hi all, I installed the probe screen and I have all the probing routine working. By the way it seems that if I check the box "Auto Zero" the code is actually zeroing my absolute coordinates and not the relatives! So I can't start a job after probing because of course my new machine coordinates will be the piece coordinates and I got the error that I'm exceeding the axis limits.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2018 11:35 #105032 by Mech john
Replied by Mech john on topic Work with probe
did you set G43 after loading your probe? i am using the auto zero function and it works fine..

cheers!

More
26 Jan 2018 16:14 #105045 by sarcokiller
Hi, no I'm not using G43.
This is what I do:
- power on the machine and homing the axis and zero G54 coordinate system
- jog the axis over the stock that I would to use
- Hit the "Probe Down" button
- Hit the insidde circle "Hole button" and zero XY in the hole of my probe that correspond to an angle of the stock
- now I could be in the position to start the job, but see how looks the coordinates in my preview screen:

Warning: Spoiler!

and I got the limits error of course

Here's how the coordinates look if I jog manually over the corner of the piece and I hit "Touch Off"
Warning: Spoiler!

now I can start the work but of course it's not too precise cause I didn't use the probe

Other INFO:
LinuxCNC 2.7.11

what am I doing wrong?

More
26 Jan 2018 16:20 #105046 by Mech john
Replied by Mech john on topic Work with probe
is this the first time you have tried to use your probe? do you have the probe tool offset set up? g43 loads your tool offset.. i cant say anything about your images as I only see half of them..

More
26 Jan 2018 16:23 #105047 by sarcokiller
My first time using my probe in LinuxCNC. In the photo you can see that with the probe my workpiece zero is over the table in a position in which the machine can't work.

More
04 Feb 2018 11:47 #105394 by Vitkus
Replied by Vitkus on topic Work with probe
Hello, I recently installed this application, but when I push probe down button get error message
(Error: EOF in file:/usr/share/axis/images/axis.ngc seeking o-word: o<down> from line: 0).
Maybe somebody facing similar problem and could explain what could be wrong?

More
29 Apr 2018 13:04 #109798 by Hendrik
Replied by Hendrik on topic Work with probe

Hello, I recently installed this application, but when I push probe down button get error message
(Error: EOF in file:/usr/share/axis/images/axis.ngc seeking o-word: o<down> from line: 0).
Maybe somebody facing similar problem and could explain what could be wrong?

I have the same issue (linuxcnc stretch build)

More
29 Apr 2018 13:29 #109801 by Hendrik
Replied by Hendrik on topic Work with probe
forgot to set my subroutine_path in my ini.

github.com/verser-git/probe_screen/issues/2 for more informations.

More
10 May 2018 13:44 #110511 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Work with probe
Hi

If I try to use probing ( on my testbench ) any of the icons axes move accordingly to symbol but when i signal a probe contact by hw-switch i get an error message with movements stop:

5:17:20 Error: Tastspitze bei inaktivem MDI-Befehl ausgelöst.
I'd translate to: probe signal when inactive MDI command...

Tried that with all modes: manual/auto/mdi

I'm on latest master / gmoccapy/ stretch
All working fine, also tool measurement in gmoccapy reacts correct on probe signal.

thx Mike

More
24 May 2018 19:00 - 24 May 2018 19:21 #111094 by javelin
Replied by javelin on topic Work with probe
I have 1 issue.

I get an error when the probe makes contact with the plate which states "probe tripped during non-probe MDI command" . I assume this is a debounce issue based upon what I have read. Have others here experienced this same issue?

Edited: Fixed the problem with probe moving the wrong direction on an axis. It was a lack of understanding on my part, as usual LOL! :laugh: Also after understanding how the probe moves, upon measuring a move it seems to move 1 = 1 inch . Looking at the code it appears that the version now from github pulls in the settings from the hal and ini files if I am not mistaken. So.....

My question now is IF I have a machine setup for inches, and nother for mm it will adjust accordingly based upon the hal and ini files automatically? Please say its true LOL!
Last edit: 24 May 2018 19:21 by javelin.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds