Work with probe

More
04 Aug 2021 05:47 #216887 by REX299
Replied by REX299 on topic Work with probe
Hi
Does it work with Linux 2.9pre? I installed but it show blank sceen on probe tab. Should i can do to fix it. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2021 23:45 #218743 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Work with probe
sounds like you do not have all the files and directories in the correct locations, as it's not finding the icons, etc...
check all the instructions very carefully......
been there before....

be sure to have the proper sections in your .ini
[TOOLSENSOR]
[CHANGE_POSITION]
[PYTHON]

and the 2 lines if you are embedding it.

good luck.
RTFM

More
26 Aug 2021 09:12 #218775 by zieluch
Replied by zieluch on topic Work with probe

Interesting, all the instructions for setting up probe screen tell you to comment that line set out of the .hal

Yes, but they also add the semi-equivalent:

github.com/linuxcnc-probe-screen/probe-s...master/psng/psng.hal

Did you add a reference to psng.hal in your INI file?

Hi Andy,

I run in the similar problem. When I forgot to add psng.hal file into ini remapped m06 tX command will move into tool change position, pop up window appear on the screen and once I select ok that tool is changed nothing happened.
Once I added psng.hal into ini my machine is not opening at all and I am getting error Pin probe.toolchange-change doesn't exist. When i comment section from line 9 in psng.hal related to tool change I able to start the machine and when i checking hal meter I can see exactly pin probe.toolchange and others except one from the file which confuse me. Do you have an idea what is going on there ?

More
02 Sep 2021 18:46 #219455 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Work with probe
are you on 2.8 or 2.9-pre ????
I tried to update from 2.8 to 2.9-pre and probe-screen failed on the glade load......
went back to 2.8

More
13 Sep 2021 06:07 #220399 by zieluch
Replied by zieluch on topic Work with probe
Hi, 

I am using 2.8 linux cnc. I think I tried eveything but nothing works there. Is anyone able to help me ? 

More
23 Sep 2021 20:21 - 23 Sep 2021 20:21 #221448 by Jasper 3
Replied by Jasper 3 on topic Work with probe
Hey, first of all the screen is amazing! I think I will make some changes but first of all I need to get the Toolchange done.after reading all 49 sites i found out that many users have the same problem. But I didnt found a solution.My problem is after i changed the tool the machine isnt do any thing. In the Halmeter I can see that tool changed doesn't turn on.It would be great if any one could help me out! 

File Attachment:

File Name: Linuxcnc_P...aese.zip
File Size:939 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Sep 2021 20:21 by Jasper 3.

More
28 Sep 2021 17:00 #221764 by ut3ge
Replied by ut3ge on topic Work with probe
Installed PROBE SCREEN on LINUXCNC 2.8.2 (linuxcnc.org). I had to do a bit of work with the probe screen macros. Attention - you need to remove from the working directory (home / USER / ...) all unnecessary files with the .py probe_screen extension that are not used. Edit the ..INI and ... HAL files from ZIP for your CNC.
Attachments:

More
25 Oct 2021 18:40 - 25 Oct 2021 18:43 #224288 by furynick
Replied by furynick on topic Work with probe
First of all I would like to thank every guy who contribute to this project, it's an amazing work.

But ... there's always a "but" ... I can't figure out how to use it the right way. I tried several tools to work with a probe and finally find Probe Screen NG which I installed on my LCNC 2.8.2.
Probe is setup and is working, I made a touch plate and a tool setter.

Here are some behaviour I don't understand :
When I enter T99 M6 and hit enter spindle moves to change position but nothing happen when I hit Enter. I have to enter T99 M6 a second time to enable automatic tool length measurement on the tool setter.
I then measure workpiece position with Z-, where do I set touch plate width to automatically set Z coordinate on top of the workpiece ?
I continue with one corner detection for X and Y and spindle finally move on workpiece origin. Why does G54 origin doesn't update ? same question as above, where do I set touch plate offsets ?

I also have an issue with parameters that are not saved, whatever method I use to change them (mouse or keyboard with Enter to validate).
Last edit: 25 Oct 2021 18:43 by furynick.

More
26 Oct 2021 00:51 #224314 by jcdammeyer
Replied by jcdammeyer on topic Work with probe
I have the AXIS 2.8.2 installed on a Pi4 with a MESA 7i92H all sitting on the lab bench.  It's been used to test various parts of LinuxCNC that is running on a standard PC with another MESA 7i92H in the shop.  The INI and HAL files are copies of that system modified to work with the different Break Out Boards.  Really just for testing concepts.  I only have one XHC-HB04 pendant on the main system so references to that have  been commented out.  I'm also using a Lawicel CANSUB to create/receive CANopen messages for control of the the soon to be installed Power Drawbar and Mist Coolant system.  Eventually an automatic CANopen controlled tool changer will be fabricated. 

I've assigned an input to the probe and verified that when I connect the pin to ground I can fake the system into thinking the probe was activated either too early, or when it should have been or probe not found.  That works.
# DB25-2_15 is Touch Probe Input.
net probe-in      <= hm2_7i92.0.gpio.020.in_not => motion.probe-input
The AXIS and keyboard buttons jog the axis and update the DROs.  But like some of the previous posters, the probe page jog buttons don't work.  No idea why.

Also so far, the documentation doesn't appear to describe how to use the M6 option.   At least at the moment I don't understand that.  I currently use TT Holders and use the Tx M6 G43 approach to loading tools with a set of about 6 pre-measured tools.   It looks like a number of people have had issues with tool changing hanging without throwing up the dialog to confirm that the old tool has been removed (T0 M6 G49) or a new one has been installed.

I'm very impressed with Verser's project so I ordered one of his probes.  I am disappointed that the last upgrades to the code on GitHub was back in August of 2019.   So perhaps with some feedback we can create a better installation and user manual for this?

I'll start  by cleaning up the INI and HAL files to work with the MESA 7i92H with the concept of two DB-25 parallel ports in place. Simple 4 axis machine and to start with no pendent and no CAN bus support.  Perhaps we can start with there.

John

More
26 Oct 2021 04:53 #224326 by furynick
Replied by furynick on topic Work with probe
You can get Probe Screen NG which is a fork of Probe Screen V2 : github.com/linuxcnc-probe-screen/probe-screen-ng.

It seem PSV2 isn't fully compatible with LCNC 2.8 and had same issue on job buttons. It's working with PSNG.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds