Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
22 Jun 2013 03:56 #35903 by spangledboy

open a terminal first and then run your startup for linuxcnc , you should then be able to see in the terminal any errors
chances are it's a path or one of the links to the simulation files which are broken , which of course now you dont need ...
if you can zip up your full config folder and attach i'll check it out here for you .

Good call - just before logging back on here I remembered that I could do that to select a config and create a new shortcut, so I gave it a try. I spotted a typo in the path for the config, but I don't think it was the problem. I've attached the text from the terminal, the two files mentioned for diagnostics as well as my configuration folder (not including all the examples and sim examples). At lease I've got some error messages now... If you can see what's wrong it will be a great help!

Norbert - go and enjoy yourself - if the weather's anything like we've been having in the UK for the past few months you need to make the most of it while the sun's showing itself!

Thanks!

Ben
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2013 14:53 #35912 by cncbasher
in your main hal file comment out this line

#net tool-number iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number => hal_manualtoolchange.number
The following user(s) said Thank You: spangledboy

More
22 Jun 2013 19:14 #35916 by spangledboy
Ah! That's fixed it - have a thank you CNCbasher!

I took another look at my error messages and I now see the part that you picked up on. My understanding of LinuxCNC has just incremented.

Now I just need to work out why the maximum machine speed seems to have dropped to 60mm/min. It's buried in the config files somewhere!

Getting more excited about the arrival of my touchscreen now.....

Ben

More
24 Jun 2013 01:26 #35957 by mariusl
Norbert,
I need to make changes to the screen for my Plasma setup. How do I go about that? What editor do you suggest and how do I invoke it correctly? Last time I tried I screwed the whole lot up properly :blush:

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
24 Jun 2013 05:14 #35963 by cmorley
You haven't mentioned how big of change you need...but...

you will need to use the glade editor to either make a gladeVCP panel or edit Gmoccapy's panel.
If editing Gmoccapy's panel you will need to start the glade editor from the terminal, after setting the environment with . scripts/rip-environment
( I am assuming you are using a compiled master version of linuxcnc.

Chris Morley.

More
24 Jun 2013 12:54 #35966 by mariusl
Hi Chris,
I am a little bit confused about what a compiled master is. I never know what is referred to.
I have a version 2.5.2 from the CD and upgraded. Then I have a develop version 2.6.0 pulled from master.
I did the ./autogen, ./configure, make, sudo setuid stuff.
Then I made a copy of the Gmoccapy under the configs directory.
Now I need to make a Plasma version of the screen. I have a whole lot of stuff that I want on the main screen for the plasma version.
Then I need to make the dev version my distribution package.

How do you suggest I go about doing this in the right way please.

P.S. This will be the first time that I make changes to the provided code - so I am new to it :)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
24 Jun 2013 13:18 #35967 by newbynobi
@Ben

Now I just need to work out why the maximum machine speed seems to have dropped to 60mm/min. It's buried in the config files somewhere!

we had this already, please see the wiki for the INI file settings needed.

You missed to

3.4. The TRAY Section

MAX_VELOCITY = 230.000

Sets the maximal velocity of the machine, this value will also take influence to default velocity.

Norbert

More
24 Jun 2013 13:24 - 24 Jun 2013 13:25 #35968 by newbynobi

Hi Chris,
I am a little bit confused about what a compiled master is. I never know what is referred to.
I have a version 2.5.2 from the CD and upgraded. Then I have a develop version 2.6.0 pulled from master.
I did the ./autogen, ./configure, make, sudo setuid stuff.
Then I made a copy of the Gmoccapy under the configs directory.
Now I need to make a Plasma version of the screen. I have a whole lot of stuff that I want on the main screen for the plasma version.
Then I need to make the dev version my distribution package.

How do you suggest I go about doing this in the right way please.

P.S. This will be the first time that I make changes to the provided code - so I am new to it :)

Marius,

you need to start glade from a terminal after . ./scripts/rip-environment. If you want to add new features or if you delete some items, you will need to edit also the gmoccapy_handler.py file.

If you just want to hide some items you can do that fine with the glade editor. If you need additional button, I would recommend to add these buttons as an user tab, and make the connections to hal in you postgui hal file, instead of touching the original code. That is much easier for a beginner and would avoid to make all changes you made again, after updating to newer versions.

Norbert
Last edit: 24 Jun 2013 13:25 by newbynobi.

More
24 Jun 2013 14:12 - 24 Jun 2013 14:21 #35970 by mariusl
Norbert
Thanks for the good advice. I would like to put the stuff on a user tab but it has to go on the main window as the user can change settings while the machine is running.
Can that be done on a user tab while the machine is running?

EDIT: Maybe if I could have a tab next to the DRO tab?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 24 Jun 2013 14:21 by mariusl.

More
24 Jun 2013 20:01 #35984 by jlviloria
greetings,

Marius, not that hard, just notice how to set gmoccapy norbert I my GUI suits my needs, and I have no knowledge at all of python, gtk, glade and others.

if you can do it with buttons HAL, is easier.

would be good to tell what changes to make, to help you better.

I add more than 15 options, but only necessary for my machine. and I say a little analysis of the work of Norbert, Norbert and Chris are all well developed, only apply.

sorry my english, other problem :)

Jorge
Barranquilla-Colombia

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds