Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
06 Aug 2013 02:23 - 06 Aug 2013 02:24 #37419 by newbynobi
gmoccapy - ver. 0.9.6.1

- fixed a bug editing a tool while G43 is active!

- added a feature, that will update G43 after a tool-change if it was active on tool-change start
Attention, that will only happen in manual and MDI mode, in Auto you will have to take care about that!

- tooloffset in Information frame does now show the real pin values motion.tooloffset.z if
connected to gscreen.tooloffset_z in postgui.hal file (for lathe also x values), not the ones from tooledit widget.
So you will see immediately if the length correction is active!

- cleared the code from some unnecessary ".gscreen."

Norbert
Last edit: 06 Aug 2013 02:24 by newbynobi. Reason: layout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2013 17:13 #38060 by newbynobi
gmoccapy 0.9.7 - has been released

What is new?

ver 0.9.7
- added a file selection dialog, for touch screen use
- in MDI mode it is now possible to add more commands, even if the interpreter is running
- do not block any more the spindle buttons while the interpreter is running, so spindle can be switched
on and of at any time
- added a selection for show keyboard on file selection at settings page
- changes button home_4 to show different icon, depending on INI settings of 4th axis
- moved some code "G95 related" from periodic to _update_vel
- corrected some align values in glade file
- removed units from max_vel_label (glade file)
- corrected hardware button behavior
- added again a sim hardware ini file
- uniform usage of "" instead of sometime '' (just to clear python style)
- user can select on settings page, if he want the offsettab or the preview tab to be displayed as default,
the tabs are shown, so changing is possible at any time
- prepared to get later our own error handling, introduced Notification Class, at the moment disabled
- corrected an error if setting the coordinate system after setting axis values in touch off dialog

Do you miss a feature?
Let me know!

Next will be an own error handling using an Notification way similar to axis.

Norbert
Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2013 01:39 #38083 by mariusl
Looking good Norbert thanks a lot.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
27 Aug 2013 04:36 #38127 by svenakela
Great GUI! Must test it. Master is getting too good, I might start using it in the workshop.

More
31 Aug 2013 21:28 #38313 by mariusl
Norbert
There seem to be a problem with the DRO display. The colours dont work out. The background seem to be a problem

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
31 Aug 2013 23:56 #38320 by newbynobi
@Marius,

can you explain a little bit more your problem?
I do not know why, but after changing the colors you must restart one time gmoccapy and thän everythink shoul work like it should.

And do not mix preferences from gscreen and gmoccapy, this can give additional problems, that's why I do recommend an own preference file setting in the INI file.

Norbert

More
01 Sep 2013 03:37 #38331 by mariusl
Norbert
My own config does not work at all after the update but I will look at that by itself. I then loaded the sim example and found that the DRO background and font color was red. So you could not see the text. I changed the text color but then the background stays red on the areas where there is no text.
I did a clean and rebuild but it remains the same.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
01 Sep 2013 03:47 #38332 by mariusl
Norbert
With the sim I deleted all the preference files and started over. It seems that the problem is gone.
Please tell me what are the files that need to be in my own config directory in order to run gmoccapy? I want to make a script that will copy all the right stuff after an upgrade. I have problems every time that I upgrade and I am sure that it is not necessary.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
02 Sep 2013 13:02 #38406 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

after an update please do the following:
cd linuxcnc-dev
cd src
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make setuid
cd ..
. ./scripts/rip-environment

after that copy :
gmoccapy_handler.py
gmoccapy.glade

The ICON folder (only needed if I do change ICON or renamed some. If you do not change ICON, it is best to just copy the folder)

to your own config folder.

If you want to use translation of the GUI, than you must copy the locale folder also to your config folder,
you do not have to delete your preference file.

Than it should work out of the box.
If I do change hal pin names or add new hal pin, I will advice that within the release notes. You will find that file in the sim/gmoccapy folder.

What is the exact error this time? I do suppose that icon view could not be registered, because that was the main changes I made.

Norbert

More
02 Sep 2013 13:35 #38407 by mariusl
Hi Norbert

I usually do the complete cleanup and build after an upgrade. I think the problem here was two fold. As I have been testing a lot of Gscreen and Gmoccapy stuff, there could have been issues with the preference files. After I deleted them Gmoccapy would load but with errors of cannot find icon. I then copied the icons folder as well and the problem was solved.
I have written a script for my components to be copied to the right place and I will just add all the files as well as the icons to the list for Gmoccapy.

Just some feedback. The parts for my integrated controller is going for production this week so hopefully we will have the complete product running on a machine in the next couple of weeks. I am very excited about that. I will post some pictures once it is done.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds