THC plasma configs, with HOW TO.

More
01 Nov 2018 00:56 - 01 Nov 2018 00:56 #119742 by andypugh

Wow man. Admin's are only good for setting the file size they prefer, to prevent to much data size. :woohoo:

This forum is hosted, for free, on someones personal server.
If your file is big, put it on YouTube.

But they are to lazy to contact me, or apologize for mistakes.

I can't comment on that, as a mere moderator I don't see those messages.

But:

Lighten up, dude!
Last edit: 01 Nov 2018 00:56 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2018 00:59 #119743 by andypugh
You rubbed me up the wrong way here.

If you have sold a _single_ machine for money then you have made more money from LinuxCNC than the majority of the developers. The guy who hosts this forum has never made a single cent from LinuxCNC

What gives you the right to be so unpleasant?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel

More
05 Nov 2018 17:46 #120013 by Grotius
@Andy,

After my forum acount was hacked over here. There is no way to contact an administrator. That is not good.
So that's why i think the forum administrator's must provide at least a clear and visible mail contact adres where forum users can sent their problem's to if their is an issue.

If the guy who host this forum make a paypall donate section on this forum, just like other forum's. He could compensate his cost's. And he can buy a new server to make more user space available. I think many people wil donate. Aprox 1500 Dollar a year is minimum what he get's.

What gives you the right to be so unpleasant?

Okey, i was too unpleasent. Excuses for this.

More
21 Nov 2018 17:11 #121138 by Paul Millz
This thread is awesome! I have been looking for a thread about altering Linux CNC GUI for plasma. Have you guys heard anything more about having an integrated THC that has dynamic response? I have been looking into using the Masso controller but have not seen compatible THC options that will run with dynamic control.

Paul

More
21 Nov 2018 20:18 #121169 by rodw
You might just have to adopt this config but its still experimental....
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/35449-another-plasma-component

Maybe here as well
forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/35254-gmocca...struggle-bus?start=0

More
25 Nov 2018 21:28 #121342 by snugglylovemuffin
@Tommylight & @Grotius; I've been following this thread and have attempted to modify the existing files to my 7i96 build with little success. Because I'm running steppers on every axis and am not using any PARPORT's on the expansion header, I keep running into errors. Is there any way I can get one of you to modify the files to work properly on a pure ETH setup, or explain to me how to modify it myself?

I've been trying to marry the Toma THC into my machine file with no success for the last week and I'm just too green on the HAL front to make any great strides.

Because the 7i96 is a good low cost option for ETH boards, it would go a long way in giving community support not only to the 7i96 board, but to the LCNC Plasma community as well.

More
09 Feb 2019 20:23 #126087 by tommylight
Added a new version that works with Linuxcnc 2.8pre.
Updated READ ME.
Easier to edit with much more info.

Please do check the first post on this thread.
Regards,
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, Plasmaguy, snugglylovemuffin

More
10 Feb 2019 01:39 #126111 by tommylight
Added a config for Mesa cards using stepgens on all axis. Config named "plasmat"
Tested on a 6i25 with 4 stepgens ( only 3 used by the config, easily modified for gantry setups requiring 4 stepgens), using inputs and outputs on a 7i77.
Should work with stepgens form 5i25, 6i25, 7i92, 7i76, 7i76E, 7i96 etc. Some pinouts already set in the IO.HAL file, just uncomment them and comment out what you do not need.
Regards,
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
17 Feb 2019 19:09 #126685 by tommylight
Added configs for Mesa servo systems on all axis.
Added config that works with Mesa THCAD, it has also provisions to generate ARCOK signal from pre-set min/max values on screen, so lees wiring needed.

More
21 Mar 2019 13:24 #129164 by Plasmaguy
Toma I am wondering if there is a function on these configs that would allow an ohmic sensor to stop motion if the torch unexpectedly runs into a piece of metal during rapid moves?

As it is, I have to keep an eye on my table while cutting, sometimes a piece of cut metal doesn't fall completely out and sticks up at an angle and if the Safe Z height is too low the torch will catch the scrap piece and lose steps or will move the sheet a bit.

My torch configuration is fixed in place i.e. no magnetic holders or breakaway function.

Thank you!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds