Another plasma component...

More
23 Jul 2019 23:56 #140367 by phillc54
@ mkardasi

Have you tried reducing your acceleration to see if that has an effect an cornerlock?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2019 00:26 #140371 by mkardasi

@ mkardasi

Have you tried reducing your acceleration to see if that has an effect an cornerlock?

I expect that it will but I have not had a chance to test it just yet. Is there any specific that you want me to capture?

More
24 Jul 2019 03:28 #140385 by islander261
Robertspark

Thank you for the dissertation on machine acceleration. I mostly only cut artwork and when I need good sharp outside corners for engineering pieces I loop the corners. Based on my not so systematic testing the .25 g spot is most likely the point of diminishing returns for most machines provided your mechanics and drives can achieve this under all cutting conditions. I would like to have a more ridged machine with high powered servo drives to be able to test the limits but as I live off of the machine I can't justify that expense for a new one. I tend to take it for granted that most plasma cutters know about choosing the correct cut direction for the least edge bevel.

John

More
24 Jul 2019 03:31 #140386 by phillc54

I expect that it will but I have not had a chance to test it just yet. Is there any specific that you want me to capture?

Not really, I am just wondering why your corner lock doesn't appear to work and am hoping that is the reason.

More
25 Jul 2019 04:15 #140495 by thefabricator03
Phill,

How hard is it to add two additional buttons in Axis?

I need buttons to test my air scribe on and air scribe up and down motion.

Would it be possible to add another tab that the user could add any extra buttons they need?

More
25 Jul 2019 04:27 #140496 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
I wonder if you could use the multispindle stuff so you select the airscribe in Gcode with M3/M5. I don't really know how that works but the torch is hooked to spindle 0 so why not use spindle 1 and a tool offset? ONce selected the new spindle stays in place until another is selected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
25 Jul 2019 04:31 #140497 by phillc54

Phill,

Would it be possible to add another tab that the user could add any extra buttons they need?

That wouldn't be too difficult.
Would you prefer the user code to go in the ini file or a separate buttons config file? My preference would be the separate file so if users didn't want extra buttons then they could just comment out the GladeVCP stuff in the ini file.
Would you want the same type of commands available as the existing user button?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
25 Jul 2019 04:44 #140498 by thefabricator03

Phill,

That wouldn't be too difficult.
Would you prefer the user code to go in the ini file or a separate buttons config file? My preference would be the separate file so if users didn't want extra buttons then they could just comment out the GladeVCP stuff in the ini file.
Would you want the same type of commands available as the existing user button?

I will take your advice and go with the separate file so as you say the user can edit them out if not needed.
And I am not sure what you mean with the same type of commands as the existing user button? As in the way the buttons are coded? I will need to add a link to my hal file for the outputs I have selected for my scribe solenoids.

More
25 Jul 2019 04:45 #140499 by thefabricator03

I wonder if you could use the multispindle stuff so you select the airscribe in Gcode with M3/M5. I don't really know how that works but the torch is hooked to spindle 0 so why not use spindle 1 and a tool offset? ONce selected the new spindle stays in place until another is selected.

That was going to be my next problem, I was hoping to get the buttons added then worry about the G-Code stuff, I was just going to see how the CandCNC post deals with the air scribe but looking at what you have suggested it seems like they way to go.

More
25 Jul 2019 05:04 #140502 by phillc54

And I am not sure what you mean with the same type of commands as the existing user button? As in the way the buttons are coded? I will need to add a link to my hal file for the outputs I have selected for my scribe solenoids.

The existing user buttons can do GCode or external commands and are set in the ini file. See Custom User Buttons in the docs.

What is a workflow for an air scribe, and are they common

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds