My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
16 May 2020 23:35 #168014 by tommylight
I have a stinking suspicion that it is loosing position when probing do to short overrun or when going up due to low power/binding/weight, hence the above request.
But that would still not explain it all, he mentions that the dive happens on long cuts also, so that would again be lost position due to stall during adjustments.
Not sure if it was this thread or not, but i did suggest lowering the velocities for Z axis by half in the ini and testing again. Still no response regarding that, or was it another thread....... i wonder. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2020 23:43 #168015 by phillc54

or was it another thread....... i wonder

I have that problem often, especially with when there are similar threads...:S
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, dvn4life1972

More
17 May 2020 02:03 #168018 by dvn4life1972
Thanks guys. I'm going to make the gcode file you suggested Tom, tomorrow. We had a graduation party for my daughter today and I'm afraid it's not a good idea to do much tonight in my present state. I'll try it in the morning though. I have to get it figured out, I got a bunch of business just tonight from people at the party.

Pat

More
17 May 2020 03:13 #168021 by rodw
Its possible that once let loose in the real world that the acceleration is set too high and its loosing steps. I did a lot of testing and set things up based on these tests but the THC was causing pretty violent height changes and I got crashes. Plasmac is pretty good though nothing like I experienced pre-plasmac. Try reducing the Z axis acceleration and velocity in the ini file by 50%. If that solves it, try again at 75% so you can work out a safe setting.

More
17 May 2020 21:35 #168089 by dvn4life1972
I tried 50%, and it did nothing. Then I slowed it down to a ridiculously slow rate and it just took longer to happen (it's always been a gentle dive, nothing harsh or fast).

The Z is running so slow I can't use it like that. Is there a way to make it only run so slowly during regular cutting operations (while the torch is on and after piercing)?

Pat

More
18 May 2020 01:53 - 18 May 2020 01:54 #168100 by phillc54

I tried 50%, and it did nothing. Then I slowed it down to a ridiculously slow rate and it just took longer to happen (it's always been a gentle dive, nothing harsh or fast).

The Z is running so slow I can't use it like that. Is there a way to make it only run so slowly during regular cutting operations (while the torch is on and after piercing)?

There probably is but that is only a workaround, we need to find the problem.

I had another look at the config you posted here and there are no links to the PlasmaC source files, it needs to be a complete copy of the config.

Edit: can you also tell me what version is reported in the Config Panel.
Last edit: 18 May 2020 01:54 by phillc54.

More
18 May 2020 02:56 #168102 by dvn4life1972

There probably is but that is only a workaround, we need to find the problem.

I had another look at the config you posted here and there are no links to the PlasmaC source files, it needs to be a complete copy of the config.

Edit: can you also tell me what version is reported in the Config Panel.

So there's a different file or files I need to send you? Sorry...I am a self-proclaimed newb. I'll go out to the shop and log in to see the version it's reporting shortly.

More
18 May 2020 03:14 #168103 by phillc54
There should be a lot of links, did you zip that in wwwwwindows?

More
18 May 2020 03:24 #168104 by dvn4life1972
Yes I did. I'm not that familiar with Linux and don't know how to get it zipped on that machine.

More
18 May 2020 03:26 #168105 by phillc54
OK, that explains it. You should be able to right click on the directory then compress from the drop down menu.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds