My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
17 Jun 2020 22:18 #171932 by dvn4life1972
Tried clearing out the tool file and that made no difference. Good grief

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2020 23:07 #171934 by dvn4life1972
I give up (on linuxcnc). I'm not looking to endure more posts saying that the machine physically has got to be the cause, when no changes were made to it before and after the issue arose. Good luck to you all.

More
17 Jun 2020 23:37 #171938 by phillc54
Well I am sorry to see you go and also sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I can see that it has been very frustrating for you and good luck to you as well, I do hope you get your table working.

More
18 Jun 2020 05:05 - 18 Jun 2020 05:08 #171977 by thefabricator03

I give up (on linuxcnc). I'm not looking to endure more posts saying that the machine physically has got to be the cause, when no changes were made to it before and after the issue arose. Good luck to you all.

Take a couple days off and then look at the issue again. You might find something that was not obvious before. Dont give up, it might be hard but the end result IS worth it.

I went throught a similar process with a CandCNC controller. They kept telling me that it should work. I did give up on it but then found PlasmaC and now the machine runs perfectly. I spent over $12K AUD on the CandCNC controller so it sure was hard to drop it and start fresh but man it was worth it.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2020 05:08 by thefabricator03.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
18 Jun 2020 05:21 #171979 by rodw
Has anyone else here cut your test files? That would eliminate the software. I would have by now but I pulled my machine apart so can't for a while.

Man I was like Stefan too. I hit so many roadblocks and sometimes I had no clue how to solve them either.

More
18 Jun 2020 05:24 #171980 by thefabricator03
If you upload the cut files I will try them out next week, I am at home with the flu(not COVID) but I can test them out in a couple of day when I go back into the shop.

More
18 Jun 2020 05:35 #171981 by rodw

If you upload the cut files I will try them out next week, I am at home with the flu(not COVID) but I can test them out in a couple of day when I go back into the shop.

Stefan, they are buried back in the thread. Phill added these
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/38918-my...ild?start=470#171361
I think Tommy did post some too

More
18 Jun 2020 08:22 #171989 by tommylight
The only reason i started building CNC machines IS LinuxCNC, it is much more reliable than most industrial controllers as most of them still run under windoze.
I have to mention this again, i had a case back when using Ubuntu 10.04 with LinuxCNC where the PC locked completely with a black screen as i was messing with it, while the machine was making two bearing holders, left it running and it did finish both parts.

This topic went sideways long ago, and after several requests to do a video of the machine cutting that part with something as a reference behind it went unanswered, i stopped replying. Using plastic bearings on such a big machine is a no no.
All of the blaming and pointing fingers at stuff that is physically not possible to cause such issues did not help, and a single cut with the normal config could have proven that PlasmaC is not doing that error. Now the guy went on convinced it was PlasmaC and LinuxCNC that caused the initial error.

More
18 Jun 2020 08:38 #171992 by rodw
I personally think it would have been better to stop asking questions and just point out that it cannot be Linuxcnc so it must have been the environment and leave it at that.

I'll stick to rack and pinions I think!

More
18 Jun 2020 09:09 #171994 by thefabricator03

I'll stick to rack and pinions I think!

I agree with that comment. I have not had any issues with my rack and pinions. Very happy with them.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds