My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
13 Jun 2020 01:04 #171351 by dvn4life1972
They're Keling KL5056E's. I just ordered one new motor, should be in on Monday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2020 01:23 #171352 by phillc54
Have you tried with the current set to 3.2A rather than 2.7A and different microstep settings?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
13 Jun 2020 01:32 #171353 by dvn4life1972

Have you tried with the current set to 3.2A rather than 2.7A and different microstep settings?

Actually I did the early part of last week. Didn't make any difference. This table is a diva!

More
13 Jun 2020 01:36 - 13 Jun 2020 01:36 #171355 by phillc54
Sorry, I didn't see that, trying not to ask the same qestions over and over...

Rather than buy a new motor I was going to suggest swapping the Y motors over and see if it cuts a slightly different shape, maybe the drives too (but I think you already swapped drives).
Last edit: 13 Jun 2020 01:36 by phillc54.

More
13 Jun 2020 01:53 #171356 by dvn4life1972

Sorry, I didn't see that, trying not to ask the same qestions over and over...

Rather than buy a new motor I was going to suggest swapping the Y motors over and see if it cuts a slightly different shape, maybe the drives too (but I think you already swapped drives).

No problem Phil, I know you guys read a gazillion threads every day trying to help a lot of people.

I'm going to do that this weekend. The motor I ordered isn't a bad idea, as I don't have a backup for those or the drives...would be good to have one stashed just in case.

More
13 Jun 2020 02:54 - 13 Jun 2020 04:07 #171361 by phillc54
Here is a couple of 1.5" squares, the difference being cut direction. It would be interesting to see if they performed differently on a cut.

EDIT: I added a couple more that are rotated -90 degrees
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jun 2020 04:07 by phillc54. Reason: add code

More
13 Jun 2020 11:00 #171399 by Mike_Eitel
Have you tried to use their protuner sw?
I downloaded the manual but I'm not finding in that the description of self tuning to the motor. Leadshine description looks very similar and they allow Auto configuration via sw4. Dont know if your drivers can do that too.
My similar leadshine digital drivers am882 tend to switch of when loosing steps.

More
15 Jun 2020 13:14 #171742 by dvn4life1972

Have you tried to use their protuner sw?
I downloaded the manual but I'm not finding in that the description of self tuning to the motor. Leadshine description looks very similar and they allow Auto configuration via sw4. Dont know if your drivers can do that too.
My similar leadshine digital drivers am882 tend to switch of when loosing steps.

I'll look into that, thanks.

More
15 Jun 2020 13:26 #171743 by dvn4life1972

Here is a couple of 1.5" squares, the difference being cut direction. It would be interesting to see if they performed differently on a cut.

Had to leave town to help some family out. When I got back late yesterday, my intention was to swap the Y1/Y2 motors across (physically) and use the wizard to cut another square, then run the files you provided Phil. After I swapped the motors I kept getting following errors on all of the axis. So now I'm going to check every single electrical connection for anything fishy. I think most likely with all of the swapping lately to troubleshoot the table, I may have inadvertently strained a connection somewhere or two or three.

My new motor will be here in a few hours. I'm going to put it on the Z axis. I had originally ordered 4 570oz nema23 motors when I built the table. That tall bigger motor on the Z kind of makes it vibrate a bit on fast direction changes due to weight and height, and it's way more motor than is really needed for that. This new one is half the size and weight. It should take care of some of the wavyness in the cuts on thinner materials.

I'm already starting to receive parts I ordered for upgrading the table. It'll get a new Z axis too that won't be subject to these problems. The OX design on the gantry just has too much give in it for a 1500mm span, and the way the Z carriage is it just can't handle a long Z without the wheels giving a little flex.

I have hiwin style linear rails and some other goodies coming, including rack and pinion with reduction. I'll need this thing to work though so I can make all of my plates nicely...and it cuts 16ga and thicker reasonably good enough to suffice until I have everything needed to upgrade it.

The OX system wasn't a waste of money IMO. It's been very educational, and I can repurpose it for a smaller machine...maybe a router or even a 3D printer.

More
15 Jun 2020 17:06 - 15 Jun 2020 17:15 #171753 by dvn4life1972

Fixed the following error issue.

All of these are with the Y motors moved to their opposite sides. Ran a 2" square using the wizard, then all 4 of the files you asked me to. You may have to zoom a good bit, but it appears the error is on all of them.

Edit: looking at them very closely and measuring, the error is always on the last leg of the cut...and is reduced by half with a lead-in and no lead-out like the files you posted.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2020 17:15 by dvn4life1972.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds