Downdraft design questions

More
08 Jan 2021 00:40 #194445 by txtrone
Replied by txtrone on topic Downdraft design questions

Also you will most likely have a sheet of steel on the surface that will help keep the smoke down in the draft zone. Looking pretty good, cant wait to see the video of it cutting.

I can hardly wait. I have a small amount of config left to do with the sensors, then I believe it's time to install plasmac and setup THC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2021 01:03 #194448 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Downdraft design questions
You could use the timedelay component to keep the zone open for a bit.
typos excepted something like
loadrt timedelay count=8
addf timedelay servo-thread

#repeat lines below for all instances.
setp timedelay.0.on-delay 0
setp timedelay.0.off-delay 0.25

net zone0 <= ddraft4x2.0.trigger-0
net zone0 => timedelay.0.in
net trigg0  <= timedelay.0.out
net trigg0  =>  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-00

So now we send your trigger signal top the time delay
and send the delayed output to your output pin
the settings above turn the zone on as soon as the zone is reached but turn the prevoius one of 0.25 seconds later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: txtrone

More
08 Jan 2021 01:12 #194451 by txtrone

the settings above turn the zone on as soon as the zone is reached but turn the prevoius one of 0.25 seconds later.

Will try that in the morning with the same route and smoke to see what kind of difference it makes.

I really look forward to cutting with this new rig!

More
08 Jan 2021 01:35 #194452 by EW_CNC
Replied by EW_CNC on topic Downdraft design questions
I'm watching this topic with interest.
I just added the time delay to my downdraft a few month ago. I have it set at 4 seconds, which might be set extra long. I only have 4 zones on my 5ft. x 10ft. table. It works good if the table is mostly covered, but it sure would be better to have a few more zones.
Earl W
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, txtrone

More
08 Jan 2021 01:43 #194454 by txtrone

I'm watching this topic with interest.
I just added the time delay to my downdraft a few month ago. I have it set at 4 seconds, which might be set extra long. I only have 4 zones on my 5ft. x 10ft. table. It works good if the table is mostly covered, but it sure would be better to have a few more zones.
Earl W

What type of fan/blower are you using? What about actuators? I would be super interested to see your setup.

More
08 Jan 2021 02:55 #194461 by EW_CNC
Replied by EW_CNC on topic Downdraft design questions
I had been exausting it outside with a small cyclone dust collector. Then a few month ago I exchanged it with a used bigger 5HP Torit dust collector. I'm not sure of the CFM. It pulls the air through 2 sets of round filters. Maybe eventually I will be able to exaust the air back into the shop so I don't loose so much heat in the winter. The filters have reverse pulse air valves on them to clean the filters. I just connected them to my Linuxcnc plasma to pulse the filters using ladder logic.
My plasma table is divided into 4 zones, 2X and 2Y zones. Each zone has a 6in round tube entering it from the end manifold section. At the end of the tube I have an air cylinder with a round steel plate attached to the end of the ram. When the cylinder extends it blocks the tube. Everything is underneath the slats and a cover, so I can't very well show you with a picture of it. That part works well, but I wish I would have added more zones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, txtrone

More
08 Jan 2021 03:11 #194462 by txtrone

Then a few month ago I exchanged it with a used bigger 5HP Torit dust collector. I'm not sure of the CFM..

I looked at the Donaldson Torit model 20-5 (which sounds like the model you have) and even tried to find a used one. Those are nice! According to the brochure on Donaldson's website the cfm is 1500-2500 depending on the filters.

Here in Texas I am not too concerned with the loss of heat from the building, but I would like to eventually have a 'collector' outside for the dust particles.

Thanks for the input. It sounds like you have a very nice setup!

More
08 Jan 2021 03:26 #194464 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Downdraft design questions
Ooops. I think the timedelay addf needs to be added for each one eg seperate addf entries for
timedelay.0 to timedelay.7

More
12 Jan 2021 22:31 #195135 by txtrone

Motor wires seem very thin, that will limit the torque and speed by quite a margin.
4X0.75 is the absolute minimum for small Nema17 motors that i use, for anything bigger i use 4x2.5mm2.

tommylight - I ended up ordering some of this wire to redo the home-runs between the drivers and the motors. www.alliedelec.com/product/belden/73405ws-008100/71076339/
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Jan 2021 22:54 #195139 by tommylight

tommylight - I ended up ordering some of this wire to redo the home-runs between the drivers and the motors. www.alliedelec.com/product/belden/73405ws-008100/71076339/

Oh those are niceeee!
I'll take 200 meters, please ! :)
I can not find such shielded cable even if i needed it to save my life! :angry:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds