GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac

More
27 Oct 2020 17:51 #187445 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
It really looks nice.
Cheers,
Pinder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2020 19:04 #187455 by CBEAR
Replied by CBEAR on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Thank you for taking the time to make a new GUI. Coming from Mach 3 plasma, I actually think that the regular axis GUI works pretty well, but there is always room for improvement!
A couple of things to consider:
- Are all of the colors and indicators easily visible with plasma shades on (tinted cutting glasses)
- Will the dark screen be subject to a bad glare from bright shop lights as opposed to a lighter colored screen?

I love the 16:9 configuration. Everything looks proportionally right in size, and it looks pretty straight forward. One thing I didn't see was the "single cut" commands. Maybe they are hidden somewhere, but that is an awesome feature for severing sheets that I'd like to keep! Also, I'm not sure but maybe make the indicator lights another color so that they are easily distinguishable and stand out??? Again, it looks awesome, and I'm excited to try it out.

Would it be possible to add a "touch off all axis button" so that you could zero the x and the y at the same time?
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540, pinder

More
27 Oct 2020 19:09 #187457 by CBEAR
Replied by CBEAR on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Also, this may already be a thing, but is there a way for the z axis DRO to show the position in relation to the material rather than the machine? For example, every time that it touches off it sets the top of the plate as zero, retracts to .150" pierce height, and then drops to .060" cut height?

More
27 Oct 2020 21:02 #187468 by tommylight
Did not see much of anything regarding buttons and what is written on them as i was to busy drooling over the overall look.
Everybody, take a bow for Phill !
Phill, thank you.

More
28 Oct 2020 04:43 #187498 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
In some widget heading
Tranceparency is not 100%
Maybe they are not active.

But with shades brightest yellow will give best results.
At some places fonts can be larger.
Layout is practical.

Cheers,
Pinder
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Oct 2020 00:45 #187645 by phillc54

- Are all of the colors and indicators easily visible with plasma shades on (tinted cutting glasses)
- Will the dark screen be subject to a bad glare from bright shop lights as opposed to a lighter colored screen?

None of this was taken into consideration as I was plodding along I was making it easy on my old eyes as I was working on it. The intention is the have colors changable by the user. This will only be done in groups, so foreground is a colour group, background is a colour group, frames and tiltles are a colour group etc. I'll add a pic that shows the diferent groups albeit garishly. Doing this means that I may need to revert the jog buttons to text as I have no clue how (or if) images can be recoloured (see the grey pic below).

I love the 16:9 configuration. Everything looks proportionally right in size, and it looks pretty straight forward

Thanks, I like it too

One thing I didn't see was the "single cut" commands. Maybe they are hidden somewhere, but that is an awesome feature for severing sheets that I'd like to keep!

Real estate in the minimum size is the issue so my thinking for that is is would revert to a user button and that would show a popup.

Would it be possible to add a "touch off all axis button" so that you could zero the x and the y at the same time?

You could do that as a user button as well.

Grey:
Warning: Spoiler!

Color Groups:
Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, rodw, Grotius, snowgoer540, pinder

More
30 Oct 2020 08:29 #187758 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Hi Phil,

The gray one looks nice.

Some thoughts..

Is the pause button also the resume button, or is the run button equal to resume? I remember feed-inhibited was preferred to use in some cases.
Is there a restart button with a restart sequence + restart attempts + arc timeout ?

Homing will stay a problem in lcnc. If homing is set in the ini, you have to home, no matter what, this is really a thing to solve. It has to get a freigabe flag so machine can move if homing in ini is set true.

More
30 Oct 2020 09:42 #187762 by phillc54

Is the pause button also the resume button, or is the run button equal to resume?

The pause button is resume when paused and the run button will single step when paused.

Homing will stay a problem in lcnc. If homing is set in the ini, you have to home, no matter what, this is really a thing to solve. It has to get a freigabe flag so machine can move if homing in ini is set true.

Not sure about this, I think LinuxCNC homing works well.

More
30 Oct 2020 10:07 #187765 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic GUI for PlasmaC - QtPlasmac
Hi Phill,

In a industrial application the plasma machine is often up whole day.

When a user works on different tasks, like cad-cam etc. They will restart linuxcnc somehow.
When the machine was already homed, they have to home again. In mach 3 this home module is coded the right way.

For lcnc i use a solution with 2 desktop icon's. One for homing and one for non homing (when homing is already done).
I like to see that this is solved trough a freigabe flag in the future.

The pause button is resume when paused and the run button will single step when paused.

This is nice !

For restart button i use a component. It goes 10mm path reverse with the help of negative adaptive feed and then
it restart's the torch etc.

More
30 Oct 2020 10:14 - 30 Oct 2020 10:15 #187768 by phillc54

When the machine was already homed, they have to home again. In mach 3 this home module is coded the right way.

If the machine is homed, pressing Home All will unhome all axes or pressing Home for an individual axis will unhome that axis.

For restart button i use a component. It goes 10mm path reverse with the help of negative adaptive feed and then
it restart's the torch etc.

When paused, the jog panel is hidden and a cut recovery panel is shown, this allows reverse run with adaptive feed and also offsetting X and y. Pressing resume will restart with a probe.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2020 10:15 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds