Powermax 45xp lost arc delay (Solved)

More
18 Feb 2021 16:46 - 18 Feb 2021 23:30 #199294 by snowgoer540

EDIT: Had written too many words with too many rabbit holes.

If you'd like you can shoot me an email, I'd be happy to mail you a relay to try. If it works, you can keep it. If it doesn't, you can keep it.

Hopefully you get her goin' soon, good luck!

Wow, thank you. That is very kind. I looked at your profile for an email, but it isn't listed. I don't see a PM feature on this forum either. I'm probably missing something. I requested to "connect" with you. Maybe that is the ticket to this. I'd be happy to send you some money for postage and the relay.

Oops, sorry about that! (Email removed)

I actually have no idea what the "connect" thing does. A mystery.

No worries, happy to help.

EDIT: hopefully you see this before you leave for the weekend, could probably have it waiting for your arrival. :)
Last edit: 18 Feb 2021 23:30 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2021 16:55 #199298 by snowgoer540

Yup, I am aware of the "normal" bevel amount. My old Chinese plasma cutter with a Plasmadyn machine torch cut better than this expensive Hypertherm is. Shouldn't be that way as I know the Hypertherm is a way better cutter. So I am thinking my air is likely to blame. I will be trying that next. Unfortunately heading out of town for the weekend so I won't get to try anything until next week.

My friend Cody went through the same thing, with the same complaint (only he was coming from a Miller Plasma changed to a Hypertherm). Hypertherm went as far as to warranty replace the torch which did nothing. He removed filters, etc as well, no help.

I saw similar in my quest. I put in high flow connectors, raised the tank's pressure, tried a line with no air dryer and no filter just to see if it was a flow problem. It wasn't. Also, just a fyi, Hypertherms measure the gas pressure, and will stop a cut with an error if they aren't getting enough pressure. But since plasma is sensitive to good pressure/clean air, it's a prudent step as well.

More
18 Feb 2021 17:16 #199301 by Nick7251

Yup, I am aware of the "normal" bevel amount. My old Chinese plasma cutter with a Plasmadyn machine torch cut better than this expensive Hypertherm is. Shouldn't be that way as I know the Hypertherm is a way better cutter. So I am thinking my air is likely to blame. I will be trying that next. Unfortunately heading out of town for the weekend so I won't get to try anything until next week.

My friend Cody went through the same thing, with the same complaint (only he was coming from a Miller Plasma changed to a Hypertherm). Hypertherm went as far as to warranty replace the torch which did nothing. He removed filters, etc as well, no help.

I saw similar in my quest. I put in high flow connectors, raised the tank's pressure, tried a line with no air dryer and no filter just to see if it was a flow problem. It wasn't. Also, just a fyi, Hypertherms measure the gas pressure, and will stop a cut with an error if they aren't getting enough pressure. But since plasma is sensitive to good pressure/clean air, it's a prudent step as well.

So in the end did anything help Cody fix the issue? I hope I don't just have a lemon of a machine. I did so much research and found customer satisfaction to be really high with the Hypertherm.

More
18 Feb 2021 17:40 #199309 by snowgoer540

So in the end did anything help Cody fix the issue? I hope I don't just have a lemon of a machine. I did so much research and found customer satisfaction to be really high with the Hypertherm.

Short answer, no, not yet, he just replaces all the consumables when it starts doing it. He said his consumable life is terrible, and had at first attributed it to doing a lot of torch pulses checking for a angled arc, but I still dont think life is much better.

He and I bought our plasma cutters (both 65's) within a few months of each other. We've both had similar issues, at one point I definitely thought I had a lemon too. I don't see any of these issues anymore, and I only changed one thing.

Since we've (and Hypertherm) tried everything else to solve his issue, he is switching to a mechanical relay this weekend. I have a theory behind all of his issues, but shoot me an email and I'm happy to walk you through it/explain what all we tried collectively since we all have Hypertherms, and this appears to be a Hypertherm specific "thing". I don't want to see you go down the same frustrating path(s).

More
18 Feb 2021 18:12 #199317 by Nick7251

Short answer, no, not yet, he just replaces all the consumables when it starts doing it. He said his consumable life is terrible, and had at first attributed it to doing a lot of torch pulses checking for a angled arc, but I still dont think life is much better.

He and I bought our plasma cutters (both 65's) within a few months of each other. We've both had similar issues, at one point I definitely thought I had a lemon too. I don't see any of these issues anymore, and I only changed one thing.

Since we've (and Hypertherm) tried everything else to solve his issue, he is switching to a mechanical relay this weekend. I have a theory behind all of his issues, but shoot me an email and I'm happy to walk you through it/explain what all we tried collectively since we all have Hypertherms, and this appears to be a Hypertherm specific "thing". I don't want to see you go down the same frustrating path(s).

Email Sent. Thank you.

More
18 Feb 2021 18:28 #199320 by snowgoer540

Email Sent. Thank you.

Hmm, double check the address, I don't have anything in my inbox/spam folder. (I double checked that I didnt type it wrong :laugh:)

More
18 Feb 2021 18:56 #199328 by Nick7251

Email Sent. Thank you.

Hmm, double check the address, I don't have anything in my inbox/spam folder. (I double checked that I didnt type it wrong :laugh:)

Yes, I had an issue with my web client, so they didn't send. It is fixed now, and showing as sent. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
18 Feb 2021 19:16 #199334 by robertspark
you probably want to remove you email from the forum or you'll end up being spammed a load of xxxx

More
18 Feb 2021 21:11 #199349 by tommylight

you probably want to remove you email from the forum or you'll end up being spammed a load of xxxx

+1

More
18 Feb 2021 23:31 #199357 by snowgoer540

Whoops, good call. Sometimes I’m too trusting I guess. Forget there’s a bunch a party poopers out there.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds