QtPlasmaC release.

More
11 May 2022 00:15 #242544 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QtPlasmaC release.
Also, i think i mentioned this several times, but i will mention it again:
Mode 0 or synthesized ARC-OK signal works perfectly well with a 50A Cebora, works OK 90% of the time with a Thermal Dynamics PAC9 90A, Works 99.99% with a 120A Cebora @70A, works 99% with a 100A Oerlikon @70A.
I would consider that very good as that same Thermal Dynamics with it's own factory ARC-OK misses about 5%.
The default values in QtPlasmC set at 60/250V work very well and rarely need adjusting.
Pierce time set at 0.1 or 0.2 sec helps with some of the plasma sources.
-
Not important as this is specific to that Thermal Dynamic, at 30A it will show around 180V, at 70 and 90 it shows the normal 120V or thereabouts while cutting, due to a big resistor that is used to limit the current at 30A.
Just in case anyone bumps into one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2022 00:35 #242695 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QtPlasmaC release.

Something that does not need testing, why QtPlasmaC does not use the "machine-is-enabled" pin?
This is a PncConf generated config, not edited, it would not turn on the drives, while in Axis it does.
X-enable works.

Thanks for the report Tommy, I have pushed a fix to master.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 May 2022 00:50 #242697 by tommylight

Thanks for the report Tommy, I have pushed a fix to master.

Oh good, i was waiting to be told that i shoot myself in the foot, again ! :)
As a side note and and a very big thank you to Chris Morley, PncConf does everything every time, and my stuff is not standard by any stretch of imagination. Lately it got to the point that i rather make a new config than looking through USB drives to find the ready made one.
Thank you, CMorley.
Also as a side note, a very big I am sorry goes to BigJT as i did not have time to use his wizards more.
Sorry, BigJT.

More
12 May 2022 00:52 #242698 by phillc54

Oh good, i was waiting to be told that i shoot myself in the foot, again ! :)

Nah, it was just another one of my mistakes... :)

More
14 May 2022 00:08 #242924 by phillc54

Keep in mind this is on Unstable Debian, so needs more testing.
Debian Bookworm, QtPlasmaC v1.223-181 i think, same version on two different PC's, both lock GUI solid at random, today on one, a few days back on the other. On both cases everything else runs normally, even milltask and Python3 are all good.

Unstable is the correct word, I have issues running Debian Unstable as a VM, until that works reliably I won't be looking at this issue.

More
28 May 2022 23:59 #244086 by tommylight
The LinuxCNC Debian repo is not getting updated lately, so i am still testing the above version.
One of the old issues is still present, namely the not firing the torch at all, probes ok, goes to pierce height and nothing. Whenever this happens it will not fire several tries, then it will fire and continue OK. No restart or reboot, just run from line, stop, run from line.
The other issue, if arc stops, sometimes (about 1 in 30) it will continue to run despite the ARCOK going off and voltage showing 0. This is still in mode 0, never noticed in mode 1.
And why is there no "send" for MDI? I have to find the virtual keyboard and click enter, what a drag! :) Yeah, using touch screen, 23" of it, and that brings another "my" issue: does not have bigger letters as PlasmaC did, but i guess this is same as with buttons and other stuff that are fixed. Any hope for a full HD version soon?
Oh, and GUI locked solid again today, on another PC, so that makes 3 different PC's.

More
29 May 2022 00:27 - 29 May 2022 00:29 #244088 by phillc54

One of the old issues is still present, namely the not firing the torch at all, probes ok, goes to pierce height and nothing. Whenever this happens it will not fire several tries, then it will fire and continue OK. No restart or reboot, just run from line, stop, run from line.

Does the TORCH ON LED turn on when the torch does not fire?
Does this happen on PlasmaC as well?

The other issue, if arc stops, sometimes (about 1 in 30) it will continue to run despite the ARCOK going off and voltage showing 0. This is still in mode 0, never noticed in mode 1.

Does this happen on PlasmaC as well?

And why is there no "send" for MDI? I have to find the virtual keyboard and click enter, what a drag! :) Yeah, using touch screen, 23" of it, and that brings another "my" issue: does not have bigger letters as PlasmaC did, but i guess this is same as with buttons and other stuff that are fixed.

Would it help if the soft keyboard appeared when MDI was selected? I see that is not the case presently.

Any hope for a full HD version soon?

I don't have any plans for one at this stage, I don't have a HD monitor to develop on nor the time at the moment. It would be a good project for someone who wanted to contribute.

Oh, and GUI locked solid again today, on another PC, so that makes 3 different PC's.

No odd numbers in HTOP? It would possibly show up in a line beginning with /usr/bin/python
Last edit: 29 May 2022 00:29 by phillc54.

More
29 May 2022 01:00 #244089 by tommylight
I am not quoting that, i would get old chasing [/quote] around! :)
-Torch on LED stays off, no relay switching. Forgot to look at the DRO...
-No it does not.
-I have set "onboard" to show when typing, but it does not show in this case. Showing it's keyboard is OK with me.
-No worries, i can live with it for now, that is the least of my problems with it.
-did not check, will do next time for sure, and run it from terminal.
--
Also, soft keyboard does not stick while run from here does. Have to check this on other PC's as well.

More
29 May 2022 03:09 #244091 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic QtPlasmaC release.

The LinuxCNC Debian repo is not getting updated lately, so i am still testing the above version.

If you are using bookworm to stay current with QTPlasmac, you need to build from source.
Debian only has a snapshot and is building its own debs, does not get a feed from the linuxcnc buildbot.

More
31 May 2022 04:54 #244262 by phillc54

-I have set "onboard" to show when typing, but it does not show in this case. Showing it's keyboard is OK with me.

I may have misunderstood your first post.

If you have "Soft Keybord" selected in the PARAMETERS tab then when you tap the entry box in the MDI panel the soft keyboard should appear. Is that not happening?

Having said that, I don't think the current soft keyboard is much good for MDI, I think I should change it so that the Onboard keyboard appears for MDI.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds