Another GUI project underway

More
13 Apr 2020 04:53 #163846 by Becksvill
sweet. good to get a reply from the man himself:)

If the hardware is the only problem I will just find a external graphics card. and plug it in. I am using a old small form factor hp compaq 8000 with a intel i2 processor.

I was reading up on the intel stuff and open GL earlier today and it looks like intel only supports open GL 3.0 if you have a intel I7 processor or later which ais a pretty expensive and fast computer. definitely not the cheap throw away pc most people start with. Just to test I plugged my hard drive into my cad pc which has a i7 processor and probe basic worked. But I still want to get my normal pc up and running.

Did the external graphic cards support open GL 3.0 earlier? and can you give me a example of what I am looking for please eg brands to use and how new it has to be etc..

regards

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2020 09:34 #164246 by anfänger
kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/

Gives me an 404 error? Ist it down or did the page change?

Thanks Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
17 Apr 2020 11:27 #164261 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Another GUI project underway
My bad, I tried changing the repo name to probe-basic for consistency. GitHub swore up and down they would create an automatic redirect, but I guess they did not. I changed the name back for now, so as not to break existing URLs.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
20 Apr 2020 21:35 #164891 by giz
Replied by giz on topic Another GUI project underway
I've been looking forward to loading this onto my mill retroti, and I finally did it yesterday. So excited to bring the machine online with Probe Basic!

Fooling around with it yesterday, I had two questions. The first, where should I start researching how to connect my toolchanger to the UI? And the second is whether or not there is a continuous jog function.

Thanks so much for your contributions to LinuxCNC!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
20 Apr 2020 22:13 #164893 by Lcvette

I've been looking forward to loading this onto my mill retroti, and I finally did it yesterday. So excited to bring the machine online with Probe Basic!

Fooling around with it yesterday, I had two questions. The first, where should I start researching how to connect my toolchanger to the UI? And the second is whether or not there is a continuous jog function.

Thanks so much for your contributions to LinuxCNC!

For jog continuous, add JOG in front of you increments in the ini line..

JOG, 0.010in, 0.001in etc

For connections to the ATC you just use the m6 remap files, they have the analog signals embedded in the remap files. There are notes in the files for what's what and you just wire your ATC sensors and command functions in Hal to match. You may need to adjust the files to suit your ATC type!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: giz

More
21 Apr 2020 23:28 #165020 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Another GUI project underway
On my vcp 4 I added a signal and slot to my continuous and increment buttons to toggle the respective mode.

I found it worked every time that way. Im not sure if it is something I did or not

More
24 Apr 2020 17:01 #165415 by giz
Right on - I'll add the JOG function this weekend and look into the tool changer signals later.

I don't have my Orient functioning correctly so changing tools manually right now. And by that I mean I am using HALShow and "sets" to change the Tool_Unclamp signal to True/False to move tools in and out lol. So my immediate need is to connect the probe basic Drawbar buttons to my tool unclamp signal.

Cut my first real parts this week and I have to say - Probe Basic makes LinuxCNC feel so much more approachable than the Axis GUI.

More
24 Apr 2020 17:09 - 24 Apr 2020 17:10 #165420 by Lcvette

Right on - I'll add the JOG function this weekend and look into the tool changer signals later.

I don't have my Orient functioning correctly so changing tools manually right now. And by that I mean I am using HALShow and "sets" to change the Tool_Unclamp signal to True/False to move tools in and out lol. So my immediate need is to connect the probe basic Drawbar buttons to my tool unclamp signal.

Cut my first real parts this week and I have to say - Probe Basic makes LinuxCNC feel so much more approachable than the Axis GUI.

you should have a manual drawbar button, at least i have one on my machine for easily .loading the carousel, it is right on the head.

how are you orienting your spindle? does your spindle drive have an orient input and angle adjustability? mine does so it was pretty easy to just send the signal to orient and the angle was setup in the drive to suit the carousel fingers and tool drive dogs in the correct position. so all i do is send a signal to the drive to orient and it does its thing. i do not have experience with the linuxcnc method of orientingso can't help there if that is the method you are using but I am sure someone in the forums has done it and could help!

yes i agree, Probe Basic is much bigger with more scvreens, but it makes things feel a bit more intuitive in my opinion. once you have everything setup it is very simple to use.

Chris
Last edit: 24 Apr 2020 17:10 by Lcvette.

More
24 Apr 2020 17:21 #165423 by giz
Yeah I'm seriously loving Probe Basic and looking forward to really learning how to interact with it. Next on the list is to get comfortable with the tool table.

From the factory the machine came with a button to rotate the carousel, but not a drawbar button. I can tell their intention was to load tools from the side of the system directly into the carousel itself.

The original spindle drive did handle the orient, but I had to replace it with a modern Teco VFD. So i've been trying to handle the orient in the HAL file alone and it has been difficult (for me, anyway...). My thread is here: forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/31621...x-retrofit?start=140

More
05 May 2020 04:33 #166728 by Becksvill
hi guys. just thinking I might be able to help someone out here. got some free stuff to give away;)

I bought two planar big touch screens from ebay a couple months ago this model is supposed to be pretty much plug and play with linuxcnc. the toucscreen drivers etc just work out of the box. since then they have cost way too much to ship to new zealand my initial estimate I got was not very accurate. anyway they are sitting in oregon at the new zealand post (youshop) warehouse. I don't want anything for them, If now one wants them I will dump them which will be a pity.

I am pretty sure the only cost you would have to pay is just the shipping to your address. but will have to confirm that.

if anyone wants them sing out.

regards

Andrew

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds