Another GUI project underway

More
08 May 2020 15:08 #167049 by Lcvette

Thanks Lcvette. That pushed me to look through GitHub a little closer and I found the subroutines folder. I'll get this copied over and running today!

I'm wondering if I missed a step in the installation, and what else I might have overlooked!

are you just using it as a user? if so the best version and easiest way to install and ensure everything is there is using the quickstart installer here:

kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start.html

it installs it at a user level and automatically copies everything into the linuxcnc tree just like you would find axis or gmoccay for example.

the sim will have the subroutine folder in it with all content. when you make your own config you simply copy the files from the sim into your config folder.

hope that helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2020 15:30 #167051 by giz
Replied by giz on topic Another GUI project underway
That is how I installed, but I think I missed the last step there.

I'm not using a config created by Probe Basic, instead I'm using one I carried over from a previous LinuxCNC install. I changed the GUI in the .ini file but looks like there is more to it then that!

I think I'll be able to figure it out! Thank you!

More
08 May 2020 15:48 #167053 by Lcvette

That is how I installed, but I think I missed the last step there.

I'm not using a config created by Probe Basic, instead I'm using one I carried over from a previous LinuxCNC install. I changed the GUI in the .ini file but looks like there is more to it then that!

I think I'll be able to figure it out! Thank you!

ah yes, use the sim config as a template for things missing in your config ini file, that should get you the rest of the way there and make sure the files from the sim that are pertinent are also in your config and that all the paths in the ini file point to the correct folders! that should have you up and running!

More
11 May 2020 17:09 - 11 May 2020 17:12 #167398 by giz
Currently I'm receiving a "File Not Open" error when trying the UI buttons for M6 G43 and "Load Spindle"

**EDIT** - I'm pretty sure I need to go into my INI file and copy over a lot of what I'm seeing in "probe_basic.ini"
How I got here:

Copied the "probe_basic" config folder
Pasted my current config files (hal, ini, etc) into this config directory
Launched config

I also had to copy the contents of the configs "Subroutines" folder into linuxcnc/ncfiles becuase that is where the GUI is looking for them.

Advice for next steps?
Last edit: 11 May 2020 17:12 by giz.

More
11 May 2020 17:18 #167399 by Lcvette

Currently I'm receiving a "File Not Open" error when trying the UI buttons for M6 G43 and "Load Spindle"

**EDIT** - I'm pretty sure I need to go into my INI file and copy over a lot of what I'm seeing in "probe_basic.ini"
How I got here:

Copied the "probe_basic" config folder
Pasted my current config files (hal, ini, etc) into this config directory
Launched config

I also had to copy the contents of the configs "Subroutines" folder into linuxcnc/ncfiles becuase that is where the GUI is looking for them.

Advice for next steps?

the gui will look for the subroutine folder where ever you specify the path in the ini file. need to go through and make sure the folders and paths all are good. thats where i would start. it works as long as it finds what it needs to operate. also if you are just using the interface as is i would only use the quick install version of probe basic, it will keep you from accessing and changing folder you should not. during install it copies all of the relevant files and folders into the linuxcnc config directory. then all that you need to do is copy the files into your machine config folder and adjust your ini file, everything else will fall into place!

hope this helps!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: giz

More
11 May 2020 19:55 - 11 May 2020 19:59 #167415 by giz
I realized that shortly after posting, so I took a stab at it and made some progress. I currently have the "Load Spindle" button working, but initiating a M6 command (either in MDI, GUI, or GCode) just causes the control to "hang" as if it's trying to do something. It puts the control into a state that is not idle, but I can't interact with anything until I hit the "Stop" button. I'm a little blind because I don't know what it is hanging up on.

My best guess is that something isn't right about my M6 command.

I'm loading tools by hand right now, so I'm posting g-code for just 1 tool at a time and just want the Z offsets handled automatically. No ATC movements or axis movements associated with M6.

Chipping away at it...
Last edit: 11 May 2020 19:59 by giz.

More
12 May 2020 13:37 - 12 May 2020 13:39 #167521 by Lcvette

I realized that shortly after posting, so I took a stab at it and made some progress. I currently have the "Load Spindle" button working, but initiating a M6 command (either in MDI, GUI, or GCode) just causes the control to "hang" as if it's trying to do something. It puts the control into a state that is not idle, but I can't interact with anything until I hit the "Stop" button. I'm a little blind because I don't know what it is hanging up on.

My best guess is that something isn't right about my M6 command.

I'm loading tools by hand right now, so I'm posting g-code for just 1 tool at a time and just want the Z offsets handled automatically. No ATC movements or axis movements associated with M6.

Chipping away at it...

im a little lost, are you using a tool touch off routine? is that where the issue is?

if you do a tool change and the tool is not in the tool table you will get an error message. make sure the tools are already in the table and see if it still hangs maybe? i don't know what else could cause the issue. unless you are using modified subroutines in which case i would not know unless you post so we can see what is in it that may be an issue?

Edit: do you have a program loaded? it needs a program loaded so it does not error. you should have the blank.ngc file loaded automatically at startup! may be your issue, but that usually complains with an error not just a hang.

more info!

Chris
Last edit: 12 May 2020 13:39 by Lcvette.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giz

More
16 May 2020 08:31 #167929 by anfänger
Sice there is still the limit if 56 tools ins the tool table I was happy to see that there is a tool library in probe basic.
But to be honest I don't know how to use it.
Is it already developed or still "under construction"?

Thanks Patrick

More
16 May 2020 11:59 #167956 by Lcvette

Sice there is still the limit if 56 tools ins the tool table I was happy to see that there is a tool library in probe basic.
But to be honest I don't know how to use it.
Is it already developed or still "under construction"?

Thanks Patrick

still under construction at the moment but low on the list of priorities unfortunately, it will need some pretty heavy duty work i think to get up and running. but if anyone out there who knows database coding and who could help to set it up that would be awesome. there was a lot of discussion about making the fusion tool table and linuxcnc tool library updated together, that would be pretty sweet ithink! coders needed!! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 May 2020 22:24 #168093 by Becksvill
chris.

I heard back from Nz post and the only cost is the shipping to you.

I was thinking I would give once screen to you and one to Giz

can you email me please so we can discuss it properly. would love to give you a screen after all the hard work you put into probe basic!

you can find my email address here

carbidecutters.co.nz

regards

Andrew

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds