Another GUI project underway

More
05 May 2020 08:35 - 05 May 2020 08:45 #166747 by HueyHQ
Replied by HueyHQ on topic Another GUI project underway
Hi Andrew,

What is the shipping cost? I'm in Christchurch.
Oh, and what model is it?

Cheers,
Jon
Last edit: 05 May 2020 08:45 by HueyHQ. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2020 14:07 #166772 by giz
Replied by giz on topic Another GUI project underway

hi guys. just thinking I might be able to help someone out here. got some free stuff to give away;)

I bought two planar big touch screens from ebay a couple months ago this model is supposed to be pretty much plug and play with linuxcnc. the toucscreen drivers etc just work out of the box. since then they have cost way too much to ship to new zealand my initial estimate I got was not very accurate. anyway they are sitting in oregon at the new zealand post (youshop) warehouse. I don't want anything for them, If now one wants them I will dump them which will be a pity.

I am pretty sure the only cost you would have to pay is just the shipping to your address. but will have to confirm that.

if anyone wants them sing out.

regards

Andrew

I'm really interested and I'd throw some $ your way!

More
06 May 2020 09:04 #166853 by Becksvill
HueyHQ the screens are in america that is the whole problem..

But besides that since you are in CHCH I would love to compare notes if possible we may be able to help each other. and the fact that your user name is HueyHQ makes me think we will know lots of the same people lol. are you into helicopters?

if you go to my websight carbidecutters.co.nz and look me up you will see a email address if you want to get in contact.

More
06 May 2020 09:06 #166854 by Becksvill
Giz are you in america?

you are welcome to them for free if you can use them. I don't need to charge the linuxcnc world. we all help each other so much. just pay the shipping. Though I still need to email them and check they don't require some silly release bond or something.

regards

Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: giz

More
06 May 2020 14:08 #166872 by giz
I am! And I have two LinuxCNC machines (mill & lathe). I would happily put them to use!

More
06 May 2020 15:16 #166875 by Lcvette

Giz are you in america?

you are welcome to them for free if you can use them. I don't need to charge the linuxcnc world. we all help each other so much. just pay the shipping. Though I still need to email them and check they don't require some silly release bond or something.

regards

Andrew

I also am looking for another touchscreen if there is a spare! :dry:

let em know, I am in North Carolina USA! :dry:
Chris

More
07 May 2020 02:17 #166927 by Becksvill
hey chris.

I need to hear back from NZ post then will update here.

More
08 May 2020 02:55 #167005 by giz
Was hoping to start using the tool table tonight, but I must have overlooked something.

When I press the "M6 G43" button to load a tool I get an error message warning that I am missing the "m6_tool_call_main_panel.ngc" file in the linuxcnc/nc files directory. I have almost no files in that directory...?

Did I miss something Probe Basic specific or something else?

More
08 May 2020 03:04 #167006 by Lcvette

Was hoping to start using the tool table tonight, but I must have overlooked something.

When I press the "M6 G43" button to load a tool I get an error message warning that I am missing the "m6_tool_call_main_panel.ngc" file in the linuxcnc/nc files directory. I have almost no files in that directory...?

Did I miss something Probe Basic specific or something else?

Yes you need to have the subroutines folder for probe basic to work or you will be missing all the macros that it functions on top off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giz, Dorro1971

More
08 May 2020 14:51 #167047 by giz
Thanks Lcvette. That pushed me to look through GitHub a little closer and I found the subroutines folder. I'll get this copied over and running today!

I'm wondering if I missed a step in the installation, and what else I might have overlooked!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds