Another GUI project underway

More
20 Oct 2018 17:09 #119124 by Jedi
Replied by Jedi on topic Another GUI project underway
Looking awesome!!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 01:46 #119419 by sqmathlete
Wow! Looks Great! I have to ask though, will it be lathe compatible?

More
27 Oct 2018 11:43 #119504 by Lcvette

Wow! Looks Great! I have to ask though, will it be lathe compatible?

once the gui builder interface is com-pleted and the mill gui is up and running i personally will look into making a lather interface of similar design feel but with all the feel of a true lathe interface. that is my plan at this point.

More
27 Oct 2018 13:11 #119507 by eFalegname
Hello mate!
my question is a bit ... desperate and I apologize for that, but could you tell us an estimated date for the public release? Have you already decided a name for your project?
Nothing can stop you now, keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Floris

More
27 Oct 2018 13:18 #119508 by Lcvette

Hello mate!
my question is a bit ... desperate and I apologize for that, but could you tell us an estimated date for the public release? Have you already decided a name for your project?
Nothing can stop you now, keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Floris

as for a name the working name is Probe Basic, it may change but we have since given up on the quest to give it a proper name at the moment..

as for the release, it will be released once it is finished and tested, to release it before hand would do nothing but slow us down answering questions related to issues that are not yet resolved due to it being unfinished...lol so its unanswerable at the moment. I will say this, as soon as possible, I too am anxious as I have a large investment in my VMC and this GUI was motivated by wanting a better user interface to run it with.. so you can rest assured it is being worked on as quickly as possible! just alot to get done to make it right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

More
28 Oct 2018 07:30 #119540 by Immutef
I'm also looking forward to get that GUI running on my CNC converted MH25V. Good luck! Maybe I'll find some spare time to set the development environment up and help out a little bit.

More
10 Nov 2018 00:14 #120367 by Lcvette

I'm also looking forward to get that GUI running on my CNC converted MH25V. Good luck! Maybe I'll find some spare time to set the development environment up and help out a little bit.

any coding help you can give Hazzy would be awesome he is unfortunately the only one at the moment who is working on the backend stuff as he is the only one who understands it in our group..lol anyone else whith the coding knowledge who could come in and help speed along the process would only be helping move up the release date!

More
12 Nov 2018 01:45 #120472 by sqmathlete
@Lcvette

once the gui builder interface is com-pleted and the mill gui is up and running i personally will look into making a lather interface of similar design feel but with all the feel of a true lathe interface. that is my plan at this point.

That sounds great! I'm not a programmer but I do have a mazak slant-turn 15 lathe that is near completion. If you need any info on lathe specific requirements or want your gui tested on a real machine pm me.

Dan

More
12 Nov 2018 10:39 #120479 by Immutef

any coding help you can give Hazzy would be awesome he is unfortunately the only one at the moment who is working on the backend stuff as he is the only one who understands it in our group..lol anyone else whith the coding knowledge who could come in and help speed along the process would only be helping move up the release date!

Yeah. Three weeks ago I tried to get it running on a VirtualBox (so I can play with it anytime in the simulator) but I couldn't get it running (it missed some Python dependency [some widget] which I couldn't fix, beside installing everything needed / following the instructions). On the other hand, the VirtualBox performance is ... gosh. If there's a trick, I absolutely need it ... the Box freezes after 30seconds in Axis and doesn't recover.

I'm very close to get my mill CNC converted (just have to finish some parts, mount them, and then I can continue hooking up the electronics) so I can put a RIP-LinuxCNC on my controller and start testing.

More
12 Nov 2018 13:41 #120488 by Lcvette

Yeah. Three weeks ago I tried to get it running on a VirtualBox (so I can play with it anytime in the simulator) but I couldn't get it running (it missed some Python dependency [some widget] which I couldn't fix, beside installing everything needed / following the instructions). On the other hand, the VirtualBox performance is ... gosh. If there's a trick, I absolutely need it ... the Box freezes after 30seconds in Axis and doesn't recover.

I'm very close to get my mill CNC converted (just have to finish some parts, mount them, and then I can continue hooking up the electronics) so I can put a RIP-LinuxCNC on my controller and start testing.

If you hit a snag there, you can always ask on the QtPyVCP ( Hazzy ) IRC, probably get you fixed up in short order past the dependency and add it to the documentation. i am usually the finder of missing deps..lol when i update to a new push release update i generally find lots of the deps and we add them in but it even my system has gathered some deps along the way that may have snuck through the documentation. so it will be good to get some fresh installs to start seeing what pops up missing.

I can't help you on the virtual box as i have not run that before. maybe Hazzy can chime in or if you want to check in on the IRC chat maybe he can help answer your question?

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds