Another GUI project underway

More
06 Jan 2019 05:47 #123582 by Chich2
Replied by Chich2 on topic Another GUI project underway

For the tail stock buttons, does it require you to hold them for movement or is it automatic? I have not worked with a power tail stock before so i don't know. I envisioned it being somewhat automatic based on pressure set etc? clue me in so i better understand the process flow.

Hi Lcvette,
The tail stock on my lathe is a jumble of 4 controls. e.g.
1. "Quill Out" Button makes the quill extend by a single press (without holding the button) and it will extend all the way until end of mechanical travel or user set limit switch. Whichever is first.
2. "Quill In" Button does the same but retracts the quill in the same manner.
3. Quill Foot Pedal is a Quill out jog control. e.g. foot on the pedal and the quill extends, take your foot of the pedal and the quill stops moving.
4. M-Codes just like pressing the Quill Out and Quill In buttons. Note that the M-codes wait on the quill limits switches to continue the program. This is used for unmanned running so the control knows that the quill has made it to, or away from the part before the next machine move.

All of these have the set tail stock quill hydraulic pressure in common which is set manually by the operator.
I hope this has been helpful and thank you for you previous reply.
SO eager to see this GUI spread throughout the Linuxcnc community. If you have any further questions that I can assist with, I'll do my best to answer.

Kind Regards,
Chich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2019 08:10 #123588 by tommylight
My Mazak Micro Slant 15 has two separate buttons for Quil and tail stock, both will move the corresponding part as long as they are pressed and stop when releasing the buttons. I am pretty certain that one of them has and encoder or linear scale so it can move a set distance as it is a fully automatic CNC Lathe, meaning it can make parts with no user intervention. Or maybe it measures that using the Z axis ????
Have not used it yet, so i am not sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, KCJ

More
19 Jan 2019 01:53 #124428 by Chich2

I have never run a factory CNC lathe, but to me it made sense to have the counter-clockwise spindle start to be the forward so that is how I made my control. What is the standard way? On a mill you are looking at the spindle from above, so forward appears clockwise. On a lathe you are looking at the spindle from the end so forward appears counter-clockwise.

Yes there are both directions. The type that runs the spindle clockwise needs to stop turning and reverse rotation to drill holes due to the standard helix angle of regular twist drills. Personally I like the standard anti clockwise rotation (viewed from the tailstock). My lathe is configured this way and appears to hold the tools upside down in the turret but they are actually held in the same configuration as a manual lathe, but simply rotated over the back of the job. This video of my lathe with the doors off shows it better.

Chich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, KCJ

More
19 Jan 2019 02:07 #124429 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic Another GUI project underway
Nice lathe. Never seen a concentric tool turret like that, that is brilliant!

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chich2

More
09 Mar 2019 22:43 #128182 by LinuksGuru
Hi !

Many thanks for so exciting project!
What is current download URL? I found this link:
gitlab.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp

Is this only framework or complete project? The last news from Lcvette backdated to December 2018. Is there something going on ?

PS. I would suggest to add this amazing piece of software to Indiegogo or Kickstarter in order to collect some support funds.

More
10 Mar 2019 01:24 #128191 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Another GUI project underway

Hi !

Many thanks for so exciting project!
What is current download URL? I found this link:
gitlab.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp

Is this only framework or complete project? The last news from Lcvette backdated to December 2018. Is there something going on ?

PS. I would suggest to add this amazing piece of software to Indiegogo or Kickstarter in order to collect some support funds.

The big John tutorial here or

qtpyvcp.kcjengr.com/installation.html

More
10 Mar 2019 01:32 - 10 Mar 2019 02:18 #128192 by Lcvette
Hey guys sorry for lack of updates, but we have been busy updating and pressing forward! Here is a teaser of some of the latest work turboss and I did for the ATC functionality, more to come soon!!

Last edit: 10 Mar 2019 02:18 by Lcvette.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, tommylight, Jedi, Chich2, besriworld, KCJ, mclausen

More
10 Mar 2019 01:37 #128193 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Another GUI project underway
A few of the status labels have changed recently

More
10 Mar 2019 02:07 #128196 by Chich2
No way!!!! How cool is that! Very impressive.

Chich

More
10 Mar 2019 02:19 #128197 by Lcvette

A few of the status labels have changed recently

Probably, allot has changed have and will continue to I'm sure as we continue to work through everything,

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds