[SOLVED] Qtpyvcp - error on startup

More
14 Jan 2023 05:13 #261889 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
The fundamental error - can't get out of estop or machine-on - has happened on every distro/kernel/lcnc combination I can try. Not limited to 2.10.

The screen resolution issue is new, and only started on this last install of Deb11.

Every combo from the 2.8.4 iso to Deb 12, MX21, Mint, every different RT kernel, and every published variation of 'how to install qtpyvcp/PB' from the various forum posts, qtpyvcp site, and James' script.

The only thing I haven't tried (that I can think of) is cooking up a different config to see if I can get out of estop using some other GUI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2023 05:16 - 14 Jan 2023 05:22 #261890 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
I'm happy to grease this thing yet again and start fresh.  The new PC seems to be reasonably happy with just about any distro/kernel/lcnc combo.

EDIT - I think it's time for bed.  I'll check back tomorrow to see if anyone has a suggested combo.  Maybe I'll start with MX again.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2023 05:22 by spumco.

More
14 Jan 2023 05:25 #261892 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
try copying the probe basic sim config to the linuxcnc folder and correct the paths in the ini and try running from linuxcnc app and create a launcher and have it start in temrinal in the options for the launcher so you get the terminal feed. lets see if it comes out of estop like that. for me having the mill sim working from a stock sim config is the first step, if that works then we look deeper into your config as that will be where the issue is.

if not then we know to look elsewhere first.

More
14 Jan 2023 05:32 #261894 by Lcvette
ok go with deb 11 bullseye xfce non free distro from the debian website. that is what i have here working without issue from the script installer. when installing be sure to select the dev install and be sure to follow the install read me steps verbatim. install everything via the script including linuxcnc and the realtime kernel and set per the readme instructions,

More
14 Jan 2023 05:50 #261897 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
That last screen dump I did was spumco's not mine. Sorry I was not clear. My screens look fine against the samples on the qtpyvcp web site.

Script installer is jocos installer or something different?

Typically I run Debian 12 with xfce. I have installed probe basic on Debian 12 recently and had no problems using joco's installer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
14 Jan 2023 06:33 - 14 Jan 2023 06:49 #261899 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
I just did a test install using my script on Debian 11 (Bullseye) nonfree, xfce UI per script readme instructions.

Observations:

[1] Did a Developer install.

[2] Install PB. Ran up the sim and on a 1080x1200 screen the UI is displaying perfectly.

[3] Attempted to run "editvcp" on PB UI and found a new dependency issue. Script has been fixed for this. Editvcp works as expected on the UI after this fix.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2023 06:49 by Joco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, Lcvette

More
14 Jan 2023 06:57 #261900 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup
So a bit OT but:
1. Can probe basic work with a single tool  machine (eg. one tool)?
2. Is it easy to add another tab? I need to add some belt gearing settings and does not seem to be much room....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
14 Jan 2023 07:26 #261904 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Qtpyvcp - error on startup

So a bit OT but:
1. Can probe basic work with a single tool  machine (eg. one tool)?
2. Is it easy to add another tab? I need to add some belt gearing settings and does not seem to be much room....

[1] - yes. But there might be simpler UIs to use/modify if your usage is pretty simple.
[2]  - not too hard from memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
14 Jan 2023 08:22 #261909 by Lcvette
sure adding another tab to the main window is very simple and would give you the whole upper window as a blank slate to create your vision!

More
14 Jan 2023 11:56 #261928 by tommylight
Change the appearence from the prefferences menu, see if that fixes the LCNC window, also check if using UTF-8 locale.
HTOP looks fine from the screenshot, see if something jumps in processor use.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds