qt_dragon_hd - manual tool change and remap

More
26 May 2023 22:31 #272235 by cmorley
Well it did have an effect.
What are you using as a probe?

Now the error message seems to indicate the probe tripped just from moving or the probe tip is slow to return to untripped status.

What is your probe rapid speed at?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2023 02:58 #272389 by grey_goat
I'm using a tool setter, not a probe. I'm just trying to trigger the toolsetter. I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding your question. To trigger the toolsetter I'm just pressing it with a pen.

probe rapid speed is set to 60.

More
29 May 2023 03:43 #272393 by cmorley
ahh try pressing and releasing faster.
as soon as the retract move starts, if the probe is still pressed you will get an error.
Changing the probe search/probe speeds doesn't do anything if it's not the machine doing the probe tripping !
You can use the motion type label in the probe tab to know when to touch the probe.

More
29 May 2023 06:19 #272402 by grey_goat
I've tried tapping it as quickly as I physically can. It immediately triggers, "probe tripped in non-probe move." I don't know why the errors changed, but they did when I changed the settings.

Can you please explain further, "You can use the motion type label in the probe tab to know when to touch the probe." Right now I'm pressing it once the spindle has gone to the tool setter position and starts to move in the negative z direction. I've tried at multiple points during the descent.

Is this something to do with the remap? I'm just following the documentation here:

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/qtdragon.html

More
29 May 2023 06:42 #272405 by cmorley
depending on how old of a version you have there is a label on the probe screen 'motion type'
It will say 'probe' when linuxcnc is expecting a probe signal.

You can also load a similar temporary display panel by adding to the INI:
Just don't try to use the button on that panel as you have already connected the motion.probe-in pin to something else, but it will display the motion type.
[HAL]
POSTGUI_HALCMD = loadusr qtvcp test_probe
Attachments:

More
31 May 2023 01:29 - 31 May 2023 04:58 #272534 by grey_goat
This is really weird. I don't believe I changed anything besides adding that [HAL]
POSTGUI_HALCMD = loadusr qtvcp test_probe into the INI file.

Now I no longer get movement to the toolsetter position or movement in the negative z direction where the tool setter is supposed to sit. Instead I get, "Auto Tool probe disabled," and the machine ceases to move.

Just as a side note, when I press the probe the green light in the probe window lights up.  Also, the version of LinuxCNC I'm using is 2.9.0~pre1.787.g913733ff1
Last edit: 31 May 2023 04:58 by grey_goat.

More
31 May 2023 13:07 #272559 by cmorley
goto the versa probe screen and make sure the ;tool measure' button is checked.

More
31 May 2023 21:29 #272607 by grey_goat
Thank you.

When heading towards the toolsetter in the negative z the motion type is, "feed."

More
31 May 2023 22:35 #272612 by cmorley
Feed is right. All the probe moves use feed (g1) so it aborts if the probe trips.

More
31 May 2023 23:07 #272613 by grey_goat
So any suggestions why I'm getting,
"Probe tripped during non-probe move. Error Parameter is [3.000000}."

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds